PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2009, 02:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Games folder in Start menu?

can you install total commander or resco explorer on the tp2?
if so, let me know (message me on here, i'mnot on much, and usually just reply to messages.) but if you can, I'll type up how to do this.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

mwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good workmwrood is keeping up the good work

so if im reading this right no1 has figured out how to make a games folder in the new manila start menu??? that would be great if someone could make a CAB that would work for this
Old 03-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

Chibiballa is a n00b

Any fix or help on this yet? I want to have more slots in my start menu and/or a folder for games
Old 03-10-2010, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

lisat96 is keeping up the good worklisat96 is keeping up the good work

Assuming you have folderView.exe in your Windows directory (we do with the Sprint ROM), make a Games.lnk file in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs with the following contents:

#"\Windows\folderView.exe" #\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Games\?shellres.dll,-8229

Then a Games entry will appear in the list of programs and you can assign it to a button just like any other program.
Old 03-10-2010, 03:03 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

not sure how to make and fill a games folder for WM 6.1 stock or cooked rom.But i know that its easy enough with WM 6.5 cooked roms with just File Explorer.First install all of your games/cabs that u want. Then open File Explorer and go to Device,then scroll down to Windows,then go to Start Menu,then create a new folder and name the folder "Games",u can skip this step if a games folder already exists.Then in File Explorer again go to Device,Windows,Start Menu and then simply scroll down to the game u want to place in the Games folder and simply cut it and paste it in your Games folder or u can copy the game file and then paste it in the Games folder and then delete the original game file from the Start Menu page in File Explorer.Just in case u make a mistake.Ive used this same method to add GPS apps to my GPS folder on the Start Menu screen and to add Opera 10 B3 and Bing to my Internet Folder as well.But i dont know if this will work with a Stock or Cooked WM 6.1 rom, because ive been using WM 6.5 in one version or another for maybe a little over a year.But it does work with WM 6.5 cooked roms with Sense 2.1,Sense 2.5,and Titanium.But like i said before i have no idea if this would work on a stock rom with WM 6.1.Probably not,but maybe,especially if it has the HTC File Explorer,which is the one i use.I used cooked roms only and this has worked for me for all types of folders.But if u just want games in a games folder i know that MM has a Touch Pro Mega Arcade cab that will automatically install about 10-15 games right into a games folder and i think that it will even create a Games folder if one doesnt already exist.Most of the games are in VGA tho,but its still a good games cab with alot of classic games.Best of all its completely free.Just go to Mightys thread and download his Touch Pro Mega Arcade.I think its actually called the Ruppy Super Arcade.But that might also install a games folder, and alot of games, if u dont have a games folder on your start screen menu.But it is a large cab and takes about 20MB i think.I hope that maybe this will help someone but please i am not responsible if u mess up ur phone trying any of these ideas as i am only saying what has worked and is working for me to install new cabs or apps into new or prexisting start menu screen folders.So if u dont know how to at least hard reset your phone and set it back up then please be very careful or dont do this at all.The last thing i want to do is tell someone something that may break their phone.But this does work very well for me.So hopefully it can help someone else.I figured this out because i was tired of making a nice clean rom look cluttered after i installed all of my apps/cabs files.Ive used this same method on alot of different WM 6.5 roms with positive results.

Last edited by lbcary; 03-10-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:19 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Im on running stock sprint 6.1 and this is how i created shortcuts when using the manila start menu..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=583247
Old 03-12-2010, 02:11 AM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So i guess that it will work for a WM 6.1 stock rom.after reading that xda post.Its not hard and it will clean up your start menu quite a bit with organized folders instead of a long bunch of numerous different start screen apps that clutter everything up.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

yea i hated the way all the apps where just thrown around all over the place in the new manila start menu. u can save alittle storage memory on your device by moving program .exe's or .lks's from the windows directory into your storage card. change the path in the registry to direct it accordingly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2