PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 05:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Remote Desktop Timeout using TP2... PLEASE HELP.

I have a Vista Business machine that I remote desktop into. I have the admin access to that machine. Using my Sprint TP2, I can remote desktop just fine. But, exactly after 10 mins, I get the error, "The remote session was ended because the idle timeout limit was reached. The limit is set by the server administrator or by network policies." I know this has nothing to do with my settings in the Vista machine because if I remote desktop into that same machine from my laptop or my Sprint Touch Pro, it doesn't disconnect like that.

Still, I have tried changing the sleep to never, turning display off to never and idle timeout to 120 mins in my Vista machine. But, that doesn't help.

Please help me resolve this problem.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro 2
Carrier: verizon

bajungadustin is a n00b
Re: Remote Desktop Timeout using TP2... PLEASE HELP.

If you are behind a router you may check and see if your router is limiting connection time. it wouldnt explain why the laptop was working and the TP2 not, unless you had previously given your laptop computer extended time privelages. you may want to check the number of DHCP clients allowed at one time too... not sure if RDP is a DHCP client or not but its worth a look... i would say that the problem would almost certainly be in your router somewhere
Old 09-24-2009, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

rtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrtandon87 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Remote Desktop Timeout using TP2... PLEASE HELP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajungadustin View Post
If you are behind a router you may check and see if your router is limiting connection time. it wouldnt explain why the laptop was working and the TP2 not, unless you had previously given your laptop computer extended time privelages. you may want to check the number of DHCP clients allowed at one time too... not sure if RDP is a DHCP client or not but its worth a look... i would say that the problem would almost certainly be in your router somewhere
Well, I have not done any special settings for the laptop that I am trying from. That's my work laptop. Actually, I have tried several computers from which I can remote desktop into this Vista box with no Timeout problem. Its just that with TP2, I get that error.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
dektop, remote, timeout, touch pro 2