PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Underwhelming

To be fair: the screen has the fastest redraw ive seen on a WM device going from portrait to landscape. the keyboard is very easy to use and be accurate, and its the same thickness as my diamond was.

Im not too concerned about Ram amount left.. right now it has 60% used with nothing running but it runs smoother it seems since more stuff is loaded into memory.

Battery life i havent determined yet. I have push mail enabled and it lasts more than enough for a day's average use. I'll need to try it with my bluetooth headset.

Side note: I just got a Tegra powered Zune HD last week so that probably is skewing my judgement towards hardware accelerated UIs and capacitive OLED multitouch screens.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:53 PM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

So many complainers here! If you don't like it, get a different phone. Stop consuming your time with such negative thoughts and behaviors. Nobody likes a complainer. You want something simple that will work fine, get an iPhone. you want a big boy phone, man up and quit your *****ing, and learn to like this phone. It's an amazing phone. I've been using HTC's pocket pc's since the XV6700, and each phone gets better and better. I find so many great things about this phone, but I'm sure if I thought about it, I could find some things wrong with the phone, but I keep positive.

You know, you remind me of this emo group that someone invited to a baby shower I went to a few years ago. These kids sat on the floor against the wall with their arms folded saying, "This baby shower is stupid. This food is stupid. These games are stupid. This place is stupid....". Everything in the world is stupid except you? Yea Right. Well kid, everything about this phone is underwhelming? Yea. Right.

EDIT: Unsubscribing. Last thing I want is to fill my inbox with replies with more complainers.

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 09-24-2009 at 06:58 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

I started with a Dell Axim x50v in 2005. Then I got a Mogul 2 years ago as my first PPC phone. I thought it was great and filled all my needs (low ram was an issue) but it was a solid device. Last year i upgraded to the diamond to try life without a keyboard. Loved the phone.. put dozens of custom ROMs on it including 6.5. I have alot of years of WM under my belt.. i knew what I was getting into purchasing this device.

Maybe its the larger screen or an overburdened processor but ill say it again. This device feels sluggish to use. I feel like its taking longer to do the same tasks as it did on my diamond. Maybe thats the few milliseconds of moving my fingers farther to hit the same buttons. But even the dialer has some slight lag that the Diamond didnt have with the sounds and everything.

Ok to be positive.. this device doesnt double as a hand warmer like the Diamond did. It could cook eggs if I ran WMWifiRouter while plugged into external power.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

opinions opinions opinions... Now heres mine.
Out of the box I found that the tp2 felt fast and responsive. I'm using a telus model and I have not disabled internet push... as a matter of fact I haven't felt the need to rush out and start cooking (not that a hardspl is available for cdma yet anyway)
My Diamond can be faster but only after I've cooked and tweaked it to my liking. My Omnia was god awful with being sluggish... No complaints here, but at some point I'll get board and need to cook something.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Whats with all the hate towards my opinions? So I didnt swallow it wholesale this time. I dont regret buying it since it will be at least another year before we even see what WM7 looks like, nevermind launches. Its practically vaporware, and this is the best WM device money can buy right now. At least for another 2 weeks, when the Leo launches with a snapdragon and capacitive touch screen.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

citats is keeping up the good workcitats is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius85 View Post
Whats with all the hate towards my opinions? So I didnt swallow it wholesale this time. I dont regret buying it since it will be at least another year before we even see what WM7 looks like, nevermind launches. Its practically vaporware, and this is the best WM device money can buy right now. At least for another 2 weeks, when the Leo launches with a snapdragon and capacitive touch screen.
My response offered no hate... just another opinion... mine just doesn't concur with yours. I even provided comparisons that are much slower.
Cheer up I'm only here to share
Old 09-24-2009, 08:50 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

oh and the speakers are amazing on this thing...

And if i offended you with my previous post i appologize...

but i feel like your saying a ford taurus is faster than a ferrari with no mods... Just my opinion, maybe get a replacement and see if its better... Maybe ya installed something bad? Maybe go into the store and check their model and see if it feels faster?

just wierrrrrd to me, my wife had a diamond and i had a pro 1, and there is no way either of us ever look back, she actually is excited about the tp2 and i tried making her diamond cool enough to feel the same way, but it wasnt happening once she saw my pro2, 2 weeks later she now owns one..

and the diamond was dropkicked out the door with its horrible battery life always hooked up like a dying cancer patient in the hospital...
Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

10 minutes with my TP2 and I was in love. My TP1 feels like a piece of junk now.
Old 09-24-2009, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

if your diamond is better, return the tp2..... logically, that would make sense, no?
Old 09-24-2009, 09:02 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by correct View Post
if your diamond is better, return the tp2..... logically, that would make sense, no?
no, you go seak theoropy as to why ya like the diamond better, then when ya cured its right there...lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2