PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 09:03 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: Sprint

tokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stufftokuzumi knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New extended battery that fits under stock cover

Not sure if you've seen this, or not, but to the guys who want some more juice out of their TP2, check out the 1750 mAh battery from Seidio. I had one of their stock sized extended batteries in my treo, and it was a workhorse.

http://pocketnow.com/hardware-1/seid...existing-cover
Old 09-24-2009, 09:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

bstan is becoming a great contributor
Re: New extended battery that fits under stock cover

This is covered here

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=86849
Old 09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sevin7 is a n00b

Looks like a scam. If the battery can fit under the stock cover, than it can't possibly be physically larger than the stock battery (unless they made it a tad bit thicker... but there is presumably a good reason why HTC's engineers didn't do that) . The extended Seidio battery and the stock battery are both lithium ion batteries, so they have the same energy density.

Battery makers love to over rate the capacity of their batteries, but the truth is two batteries using the same chemical composition of the same size, will have almost identical power capacities. Unless of course one of the batteries is very poorly made, which is not case the case with the stock TP2 battery.

EDIT: Just read the other posts about this battery. To the people who are buying it: Conduct a controlled experiment with the stock battery and the new one, and I bet you won't find much of a difference.

Last edited by sevin7; 09-24-2009 at 09:30 AM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:53 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
Looks like a scam. If the battery can fit under the stock cover, than it can't possibly be physically larger than the stock battery (unless they made it a tad bit thicker... but there is presumably a good reason why HTC's engineers didn't do that) . The extended Seidio battery and the stock battery are both lithium ion batteries, so they have the same energy density.

Battery makers love to over rate the capacity of their batteries, but the truth is two batteries using the same chemical composition of the same size, will have almost identical power capacities. Unless of course one of the batteries is very poorly made, which is not case the case with the stock TP2 battery.

EDIT: Just read the other posts about this battery. To the people who are buying it: Conduct a controlled experiment with the stock battery and the new one, and I bet you won't find much of a difference.
Read my post here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...7&postcount=19
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2