PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have pixel issues with your TP2?
Yes, stuck pixels are annoyingly visible during regular use! 21 7.24%
Yes, but stuck pixels are only visible using the background test in a normally lit room. 34 11.72%
Yes, but stuck pixels are only visible using the background test in a dark room. 44 15.17%
Yes, but only using the camera test 33 11.38%
No pixel issues here! 158 54.48%
Voters: 290. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 06:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Do you have pixel issues with your TP2 display? (READ post before voting)

I just got my replacement phone from Verizon, and it STILL has stuck pixels. The replacement is slightly better because there are no dead pixels while I had 2 before, but it still has about 15 stuck green pixels.

I guess I'll try to get them unstuck, and if that doesn't work I think I'm going to wait for retail stores to carry them so I can inspect it before I leave. This is getting ridiculous...
Old 09-22-2009, 01:29 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I still really want to order this phone, but a 30% chance of getting a phone with stuck pixels is scary, especially since I'd be ordering it on eBay.

One thing is strange though...

Has anyone noticed everyone is complaining about GREEN stuck pixels? Why is it only green? Very strange.
Old 09-22-2009, 09:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff

I just ordered my replacement, as the stuck pixels is very noticeable on mine. New one should be here today, so I am hopeful no more problems.

Steve
Old 09-23-2009, 11:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

Alright guys, so i've got around 30 stuck pixels but no dead ones. However only 3 are BARELY noticable on the dark screen, the rest I had to REALLY REALLY(!!!) look for, it is really HARD to see them. As someone already pointed out, the stuck pixels were green color and some, on my phone, had a slight light green/red hue to them. SO, what I decided to do, it to take a microscope with 100x magnification, and take a look at what this stuck pixel is actually doing! I know you probably think that stuck pixel is a bad one, and does not work, BUT, its is FALSE for the 15+ stuck pixels that I inspected!!! The stuck pixels are NOT STUCK, and they actually DO work !! As you all know, a pixel is a combination of RGB tft transistors positioned really close together. When I looked under a microscope with a phone's screen showing black background (provided in this thread from a zip file) at the three brightest "stuck pixels", I noticed that only about the 1/8 of the red tft and 1/8 green tft emit more light while the rest of the pixel is emitting very low light (that's for the pixel with green/red hue to it. Pixel with green hue had only a tiny part of green tft malfuntion)! So for some reason, a manufacturing defect of some kind, a tiny fraction of the tft transistor (green or red and green) is getting more power even thought the rest of the tft transistor(s) is getting low power and lights up evenly. A good pixel had all of its RGB tft transistors light up low and evenly while displaying this black background. Once I closed the photo album, the "stuck" pixel lit up, and all three RGB tft transistors worked just like the rest on the good pixels on the screen, however I could still see a little bit of uneven lighting on the tiny portion of defective tft. So the only reason WHY you see dead pixels on the dark screen is because while most of the pixel is off, a tiny part of green or green and red tft is lit up more than the rest and you see it stand out. Under normal use, you will not be able to see a stuck pixel unless its really bad, which in my case never is! I also stopped by a TMobile store, and inspected the screen on TP2..sure enough, there were stuck pixels! I think it's just a common thing, so please don't be too freaked out! Remember, you screen has 384,000 pixels and having them all being perfect is nearly impossible. I guarantee you I will find at least several "stuck pixels" for all the users that said they didn't have any in this thread. So, there's my conclusion to the story!

Regards,
Mikhail

Edit, just attacked an illustration of what's happening with a stuck pixel while viewing a dark background. As you can see, most of the pixel is lit up evenly, but a tiny part of green tft or green and red tfts are lit up brighter.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg whats_actually_going_on.jpg (19.0 KB, 63 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

delfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good workdelfin2003 is keeping up the good work

my friend and his wife just got TP2, no dead pixels, but 10+ tiny stuck pixels..looks like this is very common
Old 09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

phillyphill39 is a n00b

yeah i just got my new one from verizon since my had alteast 30 stuck pixels. i looked over the new one and it seems to not have any.
Old 09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Got my VZW TP2 today. No anomalies here.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:28 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Got my Sprint TP2 today.

EDIT: After turning my backlight on full and re-performing this test, I did find several (about 15 I guess) stuck pixels on the screen. None of them are visible at all during normal use. Only when I have a black background and really look for them on the highest brightness setting.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 09-24-2009 at 04:12 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

31 pixel issues and 67 good pixels. hmmm................. more votes please.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:21 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Just a note, these stuck pixels are not visible...like...ever, unless they are searched for in camera app or in dark pictures with highest brigthness enabled. 380k pixels on a 3.6" screen makes for some VERY small pixels. I have a stuck pixel on my laptop monitor which is a 15" monitor that only does 1280x900 and it's super visible, because the pixels are much larger on a monitor. Even more so on a huge 46" + LCD TV.

They really don't even bother me as much as I thought they would, but I have still contacted the seller on eBay to see if he will exchange.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2