PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2009, 01:39 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Us Cellular

menoats is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to menoats Send a message via Yahoo to menoats
Re: Looking for TRUE CDMA Screen Protectors

I been reading through this thread for what seems forever now and out of the major ones this is what I gathered.

Snagg Invisishield best fit but their screen protector adds a grip and is harder on the touch.

Boxwave has the best screen protector for preserving colors and such is like glass but doesn't protect too well.

GhostArmor doesn't fit the best but has the best protection, extremely hard to apply? A bit grippy on the screen?

Phantomskinz similar to GA but with a better screen material better cut but requires moisture or something to apply? (so does GA though right?)

Or just go for a cheap ebay one from Hong Kong which is meh.

Those are basically the options please correct me if I am wrong on anything reading through 22 pages of a thread some information gets lost.

Oh and people please pictures are extremely helpful especially ones showing before applied and after. If you like one of these choices and swear by them take a picture and proudly show us why.

Big ups to Grandmaster B for the pictures right now I am leaning towards the PhantomSkinz cause of those shots I am just worried about the moisture causing damage or voiding my warranty.

Last edited by menoats; 12-18-2009 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Added info.
Old 12-19-2009, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Got ours from hong kong this week, 5 pack. They are perfect, better than stock; which is the only thing I can compare it to. Cant even tell its on.
Old 12-24-2009, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

i_m_jughead is becoming a great contributor

Found my perfect combination, phantom skinz on the body and reusable screen protector from ebay for the screen. Best of both worlds
Old 12-24-2009, 01:01 PM
N00b

Kezzerxir is a n00b

I'm looking for a screen protector now too, I've had good luck with the invisible shields but would like an options that doesn't require a liquid to apply.

Last edited by Kezzerxir; 12-24-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G

HTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regularHTCotta is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Using liquid is the only way to get it on really perfect, it won't damage your phone if you do it right. Anyways, DON'T GET A BOXWAVE! I think it's the shape it has to be for the TP2's screen and the fact that it's semi rigid that make the two bottom corners NEVER stick down. I've had two and they've both been applied flawlessly only to have those two corners peel up and ruin the whole thing. I'm sending both back.
Old 12-24-2009, 04:06 PM
N00b

Kezzerxir is a n00b

Oops, I already order one. I'm going to give it a try though. I was tired of the gummy invisible shields.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

jayweezie21 is keeping up the good workjayweezie21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to jayweezie21

well ive been using bestskinsever.com since my mogul days, up through my touch pro, and now i just ordered two sets from them for my tp2! Of course you still need to use the steamy bathroom / soapy fingers technique but theyve always applied flawlessly and lasted the life of my device...

even though id always lose them when my keyboard went out on my tp 4 times i always put a new one on the reurb.

ill attach pics to this thread once they arrive. $16.98 for 2 full body skins isnt a bad deal at all. check them out at http://www.bestskinsever.com

p.s. if you order from this website and right a quick review like i did above they credit your order for up to $25. their customer service just refunded my 16.98 back into my account for writing that review. free is for meeee!

Last edited by jayweezie21; 12-28-2009 at 08:21 PM.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIPjshaas2 is a VIP

BoxWave cleartouch crystal works fine. i used them on every phone i've had and they work fine on the TP2. My corners have done well and have yet to come up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTCotta View Post
Using liquid is the only way to get it on really perfect, it won't damage your phone if you do it right. Anyways, DON'T GET A BOXWAVE! I think it's the shape it has to be for the TP2's screen and the fact that it's semi rigid that make the two bottom corners NEVER stick down. I've had two and they've both been applied flawlessly only to have those two corners peel up and ruin the whole thing. I'm sending both back.

Radio: 2.35.00WF

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2