PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Friend asked why I didn't buy an iPhone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
Lets see..No stereo bluetooth at the time, no hardware keyboard (craigslist), No removable storage or battery, and last but not least..I HATE I-TUNES!!
I have 32 gigs of memory built in...I have stereo bluetooth...dont care about the battery and I only use itunes to do software upgrades.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

digiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardigiblur is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I don't see anybody argueing.

It is not just to use on the cell phone, it works awesome in hotel rooms with the video out (& also in my truck hooked to my 7" DVD/NAV screen).

There is nothing like having over 200 of your own local channels available on the TV in a hotel room for free.

You think it's stupid, fine don't buy one but I use mine everyday & so do a lot of other people & I won't buy a phone that is not capable of running it.

~John
Slingbox on the phone is great. Works great when you are sitting at the doctor's office, barber shop, client's, etc.
Old 02-04-2010, 10:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Vogue/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/HTC Evo 4G

champ052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularchamp052005 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to champ052005

You can say you like having 3G on a 3G capable phone then show him/her a Verizon add. Then say you like your phone to have a signal and not continuously drop calls. Then you can use his/her phone as a paper weight and walk away.
Old 02-05-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b
Smile Re: Friend asked why I didn't buy an iPhone...

They asked me the same thing but these are my reasons.

I am a Highschool Senior with a part time job and I rather spend $30 on Sero with a great phone than get rapped by At&t.

I am tired of seeing the "Cool Kids" and Cheerleaders (Althoug some are hot) think their the Sh*t with an iphone and always try to show it off like its the best phone in thw world. (HD2 imo).

I have great signal where I live so 3G is great.

Love the huge keyboard. (I can type without seeing the keyboard)

I dont follow the Hype although the iphone is a great device.

I love to flash roms. I dont need the games or some of the usefull apps the Iphone has. All I really need is my email, calculator, Music Player, youtube app and Opera Mobile. Thats why I have my PS3 for.

But seriously, buy what you want. Its your money. If you want and iphone, get one.

What works for me it my not work for you. So buy what works for you.

Oh yeah, Am I the only one who thinks that the iphones UI is starting to look outdated? Honestly, almost 3years of the sam thing.

Buy the way, I aint no nerd because I say the HS kids with "iphone" are the cool kids. I get girls lol.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:05 AM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by erick10 View Post
They asked me the same thing but these are my reasons.

I am a Highschool Senior with a part time job and I rather spend $30 on Sero with a great phone than get rapped by At&t.

I am tired of seeing the "Cool Kids" and Cheerleaders (Althoug some are hot) think their the Sh*t with an iphone and always try to show it off like its the best phone in thw world. (HD2 imo).

I have great signal where I live so 3G is great.

Love the huge keyboard. (I can type without seeing the keyboard)

I dont follow the Hype although the iphone is a great device.

I love to flash roms. I dont need the games or some of the usefull apps the Iphone has. All I really need is my email, calculator, Music Player, youtube app and Opera Mobile. Thats why I have my PS3 for.

But seriously, buy what you want. Its your money. If you want and iphone, get one.

What works for me it my not work for you. So buy what works for you.

Oh yeah, Am I the only one who thinks that the iphones UI is starting to look outdated? Honestly, almost 3years of the sam thing.

Buy the way, I aint no nerd because I say the HS kids with "iphone" are the cool kids. I get girls lol.
Outdated UI??? You do realize manila/sense was implemented by HTC on their phones right? Have you seen the winmo interface without the add-ons? Talk about outdated.. thats like the pot calling the kettle black.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

erick10 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Outdated UI??? You do realize manila/sense was implemented by HTC on their phones right? Have you seen the winmo interface without the add-ons? Talk about outdated.. thats like the pot calling the kettle black.
K'mon son, you think I dont know that? Ive beenusing winmo since I was 14 and had to struggle with the Tmobile Wing and old looking interface. We know WinMo UI is old looking but for me, its all about getting my work done. I really dont care for the nice looking interface but its always handy. If you guys ever go to Mexico and see the old Nokia phones people still buy, yall wouldnt be complaing about the UI. Although I understand this is a "Professional Device" and we pay alot of Dead Presidents for agood smartphone and not a dumby phone.

So with that said, the Iphones UI looks old to me now. I really like Palms UI on the Pixi and Pre. HTC makes really good skins to make phones look nice. Look at the Hero, Touch Line phones. Manila or sense.

Please give the haters Windows Mobile 7 Microsoft.
Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 AM
VIP Member

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
That is so true. You know it is bad when handset makers like HTC needs to implement their OWN interface just so they can hide the native WinMo behind it.

But I do totally agree with the overall cost of the iphone! I'd rather save $1500 over the course of 2 years and spend it on more important things... like living.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:12 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmerfudpucker View Post
I HATE I-TUNES!!
+1 It's about the biggest piece of bloatware for a PC you can find. It's fine on a Mac, but terrible on a PC. I have too much music and the last time I used it, my system would come to a grinding halt as iTunes loaded my music library. I also like the fact that I can unlock my phone and not have to worry about it getting re-locked everytime I apply an update. I also have options that don't require breaking the EULA to get the most out of my phone. Will VZW deny service if I'm running a custom ROM? Probably, but then I just flash back to stock, re-lock, and then I get service again.
Old 02-05-2010, 06:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon

butler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good workbutler360 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
That is so true. You know it is bad when handset makers like HTC needs to implement their OWN interface just so they can hide the native WinMo behind it.
Yeah, that's how I know Android's interface is so old and crappy! Err, wait... Android isn't that old... so I guess that's just a dumb argument to make.
Old 02-05-2010, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint (HTC) Touch 2

Bulldog46208 is just getting started

Quote:
I have the Sprint TP2 and the iPod Touch. I would agree the user interface on the iPhone/Touch is starting to look a bit dated. On the next versions of the iPhone/Touch, I hope Apple gives the UI a refresh. The TouchFlo3D on TP2 is still cool in my opinion.

To the poster, I respect your opinion regarding the UIs but the analogy used was not appropriate.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2