PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2010, 12:11 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Friend asked why I didn't buy an iPhone...

Quote:
Originally Posted by newone757 View Post
stupidest thing ive ever heard. business is business.
Yeah that comment was complete fail.

It's the equivalent of saying "I don't want to make money with you because your pants are green" or something. Having an iphone has absolutely no bearing on whether or not someone is intelligent enough to do business.

Oh well, his loss. He's either making stuff up or he's destined to fail as a businessman.

Old 02-04-2010, 12:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

my usual answer would be a question

how much u pay a month?

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 02-04-2010, 12:14 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog46208 View Post
They allow me to tether my smartphone to my home desktop and then I get home internet for free.
Wrong and completely misleading. You know they don't ALLOW you to do that, but rather the geniuses around here who figured out the "stealth mode" have allowed you to do that.

Tethering with Sprint is not free, and telling people that in order to score points for the phone is misleading as hell.

btw, I tether constantly and value it greatly, but I'm upfront about telling people I'm jipping sprint. After the Instinct fiasco, I'll never feel bad about doing it either.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

chardog is keeping up the good workchardog is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
I agree with notch8... it does seem like WinMo developers are spending more time writing programs/utilities to fix the appearance and performance of the devices than they do to increase functionality and usefulness of the devices right now. Look at the forums here and you'll see thread after thread of people asking how to make TF3D or MS3 or whatever look more useful to them... and then posts on how to just make things work. THAT is an absolute shame.
This is true. I've used your cleanup, and it was by far the fastest setup on my phone, but there are legit uses of modded roms. Manila 2.5 does have functionality on top of it's looks.

I'm a serious business user and can care less about the animations. I just need things to have quicker access, and have found it through manila 2.5, but those roms are also overly bloated. The xda_uc platform is very promising though. I'm sure rom developers will eventually come up with a bare bones and fast manila 2.5 rom, with optional stuff in the xda_uc folder. that would make my life a lot easier, but surprisingly, chefs arent there yet. I wouldnt mind cutting down animations to stuff like tf2d. I dont need fancy graphics, just need a snappy phone with icons on the main screen for quick access.

There is SPB mobile shell, which helps greatly, but I've found that battery life is poop with it. Maybe I'll eventually go back to that, along with wm6.1.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

I say plan cost, quality of coverage and tethering.

Popup WifiRouter and connect their Laptop to it
Old 02-04-2010, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Having an iphone has absolutely no bearing on whether or not someone is intelligent enough to do business.

Oh well, his loss. He's either making stuff up or he's destined to fail as a businessman.

No kidding, what a retarded post.

Sometimes I think iphone owners are the really smart ones, they where smart enough to actually buy a device that works perfectly out of the box & doesn't need 17 ROM swaps before you find one that works correctly...........

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

My friend asked me why i didn't buy an iphone, its because i bought a droid and its the best of both worlds, iphone and winmo in one. None of those professional excuses cut it plus i have all the apps in the world.
Google is the next skynet
Old 02-04-2010, 03:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

kscawley is becoming a great contributor

I always find these discussions rather humerous. Having choices is a good thing - I have a TP2 and my wife has a Blackberry. Both of us are perfectly satisfied with our phones.

One thing I have to respect (and be frustrated with at the same time) is the positively enormous 3rd party peripheral support for the iPod/iPhone. And a lot of that has to do with Apple's genius decision to use the same physical connector for all its devices. Got a speaker docking station for your two year old iPod? Slide that shiny new iPhone right in there. A manufacturer can develop and market products knowing they won't become instantly obsolete the next time a new phone model comes along.

We suffer from a lack of consistency even within the same basic product. Lets say you had an AT&T Tilt2, and your new job is with a company that uses Verizon. That nice convenient charge/sync dock you bought for your T2? Toss it, because the Verizon version (Touch Pro2) has its USB port in a slightly different location on the bottom. And it is basically the same bloody phone!

I'm done shouting from my soapbox ...move along people...nothing to see here...
Old 02-04-2010, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

alex jb is keeping up the good workalex jb is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to alex jb

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
My friend asked me why i didn't buy an iphone...
Last decade's must have toy, let's move on people.
Old 02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
My friend asked me why i didn't buy an iphone, its because i bought a droid and its the best of both worlds, iphone and winmo in one. None of those professional excuses cut it plus i have all the apps in the world.

I considered a droid myself until I found out you can't use a SlingBox with it (which it too bad, because it would be an awsome phone for Sling use).

The picture on my TP2 with the new Sling Mobile 2.0 software is almost as good as an actual TV.

My brother-in-law bought a droid but returned it a week later for that same reason.

~John

Last edited by jmorton10; 02-04-2010 at 04:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2