PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: cell signal issues with vzn tp2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalsey205 View Post
i had 1 to 2 "3G bars" (rarely a 3rd would show up). my 1x usually shows 3 (but sometime showing 2).
Yeah you should have been fine then.

I've spoken to 2 techs now that don't know how to fix this. Incredibly frustrating.

First girl INSISTED that the phone is supposed to just say 1X.... yeah.

Next guy wants to roll a verizon truck to the tower I'm connected to, literally 200 yards from my office, cause there must be something wrong with the signal....

It's just unbelieveable.

I just tethered through my laptop and on the speakeasy test, with 4 bars of 1x, I'm getting 136kbps down.....

Edit: FINALLY got someone on the phone who would give me a DMU reset.... solved it right away... (thanks 8notime).

Last edited by janko10; 09-16-2009 at 04:29 PM.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ambrowill is becoming a great contributor

Option 2 gave me 3G!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto A4500
Threadstarter

jhalsey205 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Dial ##DEBUG then Talk, then check the AN/AAA Authenticated authentication value in the HDR screen. Does it say 1=Authenticated or is it a bunch of ## - ## -## -## -##?

Interesting - i did a hard reset and re-acquired evdo signal... for a while ... then lost again. Performed a couple of re programs (*228 option 1) and re-acquired evdo. The performed firmware update (*228 option 2) and lost evdo, and back to 1x. Performed 2 more * 228 option 2's and finally got evdo back. At this point, I have no confidence that this will hold.

Checked my authentication value in HDR and AN?AAA Authenticated value came back as "0= Not Authenticated"
Old 10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lacklustre484 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhalsey205 View Post
Well, I am back to 1x. I called customer service and requested Hybrid PRL activation (which will take a couple of days.
If you don't mind my inexperience, what is Hybrid activation and how can it help?
Old 10-18-2009, 09:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Moto A4500
Threadstarter

jhalsey205 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lacklustre484 View Post
If you don't mind my inexperience, what is Hybrid activation and how can it help?
There are others here that can provide a more complete (or more accurate) answer, but my general understanding is -- the aggregate cell tower footprint from both Verizon and Alltel, which will soon become available to all Verizon customers once they complete the network integration process. As I understand it, this will be formally rolled out before the end of the year.

The above said, hybrid activation did not help me with my TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: vzw touchpro
Carrier: vzw

gaer01 is a n00b

according to verizon, you must have been a previous alltell cust for the hybrid prl to work. verizon customers are not eligible
Old 11-10-2009, 03:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Verizon Users Getting Stuck in 1X --- PLEASE READ!
For those of you who have the plaguing problem of your data connection dropping to 1X, I'm trying to spearhead this issue with Verizon and need your help.

Everytime I open a ticket, it get's closed stating that it's a signal issue with a specific location. We all know that this is not the case. I finally have got ahold of a Tech supervisor who gave me all of his contact information so that we could ALL direct our issue to him. He would then get it elevated through the proper channels and then hopfully they can find a fix. It's my hope that we can all email or call him and explain our issue. He was very nice to work with on the phone and said he is dedicated to getting the problem resolved. I think he's looking at this from a global look rather than an isolated one like every other tech I've spoken to.

Here is his contact information:

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center

Please email or call him with your information and make sure to inform him all of the steps that you've tried that have been unsuccessful (new phone, hard reset, etc etc).

I will try and follow up with him later in the week. Msg here if you contacted him. Hopefully we can get this fixed and be left with just an awesome working phone!
Old 01-02-2010, 10:51 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 for now

Davezx6r is a n00b

I'm not sure that this is necessarilly a verizon problem per se. Here have been my experiences so far. First this phone seems to stay in 1x mode if it can't get a reliable 3g signal as do most phones. The problem I'm finding is that the ability of the tp2 to hold onto a signal, 3g or 1x, is pretty poor. In a strong signal environment the phone works great but if I'm somewhere that cell phones are getting 2bars, my signal strength goes crazy. It will bounce anywhere from 0 to 3 bars and wont stay static. Now I will say the verizon radio seems a little worse for this. I flashed to both a sprint and uscellular radio and the signal strength does stabilize a little bit, But the bouncing IS still there. I recently went over to my budies house he has the tp2 on sprint and i sat the phones next to each other and while his signal was more steady it was still displaying the same bouncing almost in time with mine. My personal opinion is that the touch pro 2 just does not cope well with low signal strength, and coupled with verizons seeming appathy towards coming up with a TRUE solution we're getting all kinds of weird issues. For those that haven't, try reflashing your radio to the sprint one. Also how many of you are having this issue in a strong signal environment? Oh and one more thing when it happens to me resetting my data or phone connection in the com page seems to bring it back. Sorry for the long post I hope it helps.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2