PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2009, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

jkhawk is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Voice command not completing call

I can use my jawbone to initiate a call through voice command by dialing a number. That works fine.

But when I say the person's name the voice command get's stuck on the last step. You can even see the screen change to the person's name and then it just stops and nothing happens. This happens with every contact when I dial by voice command. But like I said if I dial by number it goes through.

Has anyone had this happen or know a solution? Spent an hour on phone with Sprint tech support and they had no answers.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work
Re: Voice command not completing call

Ahh, more Widcomm stack fun. The problem is the audio channel is extremely slow to open. Thus, when it asks you for confirmation, you need to wait for the channel to re-open, which doesn't happen until the little microphone appears in the taskbar again, about the same time the contact page pops up. If you wait about a second or two before speaking after VC asks for confirmation, it should work properly.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

jkhawk is a n00b

Thank you very much. It worked...although much slower than past phones. Long time lurker here and rarely post but have had 6700, Mogul, and TP. I searched and found no luck.

My next question is, is there a tweak to speed it up so it doesn't react so slow? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:06 PM
N00b

WickedWyrm is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Thanks, I also had that problem alomg with the headset not endinng the call. On all my phones prior I could push the button on the headset to end the call, now with the TP2 nothing happens. Any ideas?
Old 09-30-2009, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - Sprint

bilalhmd is just getting started

I have to push 3 to 5 times to end a call. It took me a little while, but I figured out the delay in having to say yes. I also find that VC is a little slow to load after a reset. So I just activate it manually after a reset. (I put it on my launcher so it is readily available after a reset). Otherwise I find it hit and miss on my first few tries after a reboot.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

drurc8 is becoming a great contributor

I think we still have problem between VC and TP2 bluetooth stack until someone can unlock the phone so we can use other rom or kitchen rom and hoping that it solves the problem.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWyrm View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.5(Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/16643; U; en) HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7379)

Thanks, I also had that problem alomg with the headset not endinng the call. On all my phones prior I could push the button on the headset to end the call, now with the TP2 nothing happens. Any ideas?
Again, the Widcomm stack is the culprit. My headset button sometimes will not end the call at all. Others, it takes multiple presses, and rarely it will work on the first press. Redialing with the headset is a bit more reliable, but bottom line is this stack causes more problems than it solves. The only fix we're going to have is when the phone is unlocked and someone works out how to remove this stack and insert the tried and true MS stack into a custom ROM. As soon as the unlocker is posted, I'm going to post a bounty for the first one who does this.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2