PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Disable VZW TP2 Message Sent

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
You're right that is a chaotic read haha.. We only have this issue with text messaging not with MMS. In that case, can I try setting only the last 2 you listed?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz07 View Post
I would give it a go if only I had my TP2 (9/15). I have been, however filtering through all the RGU files and such from the shipped ROM. But all of the registry entries you are refering to are for MMS or is there something I am missing? Also, I came here just now to ask someone if they could let me know what alert tone the 'Message Sent Notification' is using. Could someone please check for me? Thanks!
My theory is that because MMS and SMS are effectively tied together that the settings overlap, so I would recommend setting all of these.

This basically sets everything to enable ALL checkboxes (AvailableOptions=15) and then sets the Play Sound and flash light for unlimited time on all these settings (which you can, of course, go back later and set them to your liking).
Old 09-13-2009, 06:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Here's an upload of our HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications directory.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Notifications.txt (13.5 KB, 32 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Bringer of Good Things

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Here's an upload of our HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Notifications directory.
"AvailableOptions"=dword:0000000b

means that the option is set for "13" instead of "15", which means that some of the options are grayed out. Depending on the Options parameter that's set, it may have the Display Message and other options checked but grayed out.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
"AvailableOptions"=dword:0000000b

means that the option is set for "13" instead of "15", which means that some of the options are grayed out. Depending on the Options parameter that's set, it may have the Display Message and other options checked but grayed out.
While some of the key folder #'s didn't match yours, I found all of them just fine and made the changes. Rebooting now.
Old 09-13-2009, 06:54 PM
Almost a VIP

Unfortunately I don't see any new options in any of the MMS/Text Messaging notification setting screens.

Edit: attaching reg dump after edits.
Attached Files
File Type: txt newNotications.txt (13.5 KB, 10 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by 8notime; 09-13-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:00 PM
Bringer of Good Things

Clarification: you shouldn't see any new options, just that the ones that were there won't be grayed out, and you can enable/disable them as you see fit.

From there, just make sure all the MMS and SMS ones don't have "Display a message" enabled and see if that fixes the issue.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

I see where you are headed now!
Old 09-13-2009, 07:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible

chuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIPchuckz07 is a VIP

I found these...can someone check them out on their device please?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Setting s]
"SMSDeliveryNotify"=dword:00000000
"DisableSMSDeliveryReceipt"=dword:00000001
Old 09-13-2009, 07:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckz07 View Post
I found these...can someone check them out on their device please?

"SMSDeliveryNotify"=dword:00000000
"DisableSMSDeliveryReceipt"=dword:00000001
Mine has a 0 and a 1 respectively.
Old 09-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
Clarification: you shouldn't see any new options, just that the ones that were there won't be grayed out, and you can enable/disable them as you see fit.

From there, just make sure all the MMS and SMS ones don't have "Display a message" enabled and see if that fixes the issue.
None of them have that option enabled & I still the pop up box.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2