PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 04:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Well.... so much for accurate data is ppl are just voting NO to feel better. I have not gotten a Sprint Pro2 but I have played with the telus and Tmobile. I found them identical.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I got my Verizon TP2 yesterday. I found 1 very bright pixel at the top center that is stuck, and I have 5 others that are stuck; however, they are not as bright as the first one. Only the one at the top is noticeable when not in camera mode and the lens covered, and unfortunately I am drawn to it when the screen is on. I am still debating if I want to go through the hassle of sending this one back. I am also afraid of getting one that is in worse shape.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Well.... so much for accurate data is ppl are just voting NO to feel better. I have not gotten a Sprint Pro2 but I have played with the telus and Tmobile. I found them identical.
you mean voting yes*
to get you all excited about faulty tp2s...

Ahh i see... so you've at least handled the others. A case of different strokes, different folks then. I personally can't and won't go back to tp1. You didn't feel that the screen was enough to put the tp1 away?? Maybe i'm just claustrophobic?
Old 09-13-2009, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
I got my Verizon TP2 yesterday. I found 1 very bright pixel at the top center that is stuck, and I have 5 others that are stuck; however, they are not as bright as the first one. Only the one at the top is noticeable when not in camera mode and the lens covered, and unfortunately I am drawn to it when the screen is on. I am still debating if I want to go through the hassle of sending this one back. I am also afraid of getting one that is in worse shape.
if it bothers you, like it would me, i'd try to exchange sooner rather than later...
Old 09-13-2009, 05:52 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
you mean voting yes*
to get you all excited about faulty tp2s...

Ahh i see... so you've at least handled the others. A case of different strokes, different folks then. I personally can't and won't go back to tp1. You didn't feel that the screen was enough to put the tp1 away?? Maybe i'm just claustrophobic?
claustrophobic is a perfect word for the tp1 screen.... so tiny
Old 09-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Yes. I understand how you new Pro2 ownewr would never go back to the Pro1. The screen must look really small now. But I cant help thinking how not one Pro1 had any defected pixels at all. Doesnt that make you think about the Pro2 LCD quality. Also, some people have said that STUCK pixels lead to dead pixels eventually. I dont want to scare anyone but its a fair warning.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

VZW TP2, no stuck pixels.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 on Telus
Carrier: Telus

izuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuffizuzu knows their stuff

Our TP2's are the best, and we love'em, otherwise we wouldn't have them

"True knowledge exists in knowing you know nothing" - Socrates
Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Yes. I understand how you new Pro2 ownewr would never go back to the Pro1. The screen must look really small now. But I cant help thinking how not one Pro1 had any defected pixels at all. Doesnt that make you think about the Pro2 LCD quality. Also, some people have said that STUCK pixels lead to dead pixels eventually. I dont want to scare anyone but its a fair warning.
You mean like this (dead/stuck pixel issues on tp1):
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42661
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43320
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51205
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43381

line in the screen for tp and diamond:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44208

rainbow colors on screen:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=49405

also, many people were getting TPs with yellow screens, which sounds even harder to return.

I am not concerned with the tp2 screen.
Old 09-13-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt

RobsOnLine is a n00b

I talked to Verizon tonight about my stuck pixels', and they are going to give another TP2. Due to a shipping issue with my original TP2, I already have one set for delivery on Monday, so Verizon just said to keep that one. Then I have to ship the one with the bad pixels' back. I just hope the new one is not in worse shape.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2