PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2009, 12:56 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4
Carrier: Sprint

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

I have to comment on 2 things. The thing about all devices having stuck lcds. I can count about 20 devices that use lcd here from game boys to pdas and phones. The only of my devices that have 1 stuck pixel is my psp which I believe used a cheap quality lcd with a low refresh rate.

Now, in htc's defense (I openly admit to hating htc) It may just have a crappy camera and not a stuck pixel. I've seen devices where the camera will project a white dot where the screen is perfect and works well. This is the case of my cheap digital camera. It looks like a stuck pixel until I zoom in and it goes away. For all that see the pixel in the camera mode, zoom in to see if it remains.
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

railslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuffrailslave knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Really? How do you know? I was hoping this would be honest and all. Just for the sake of having accurate date for US who might consider upgrading.

hey bro, i gotta ask, what do YOU think is the best phone out there?

Old 09-13-2009, 01:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus Mobility

MightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation levelMightyMike can't get a higher reputation level

My bad, moved the wrong thread
Old 09-13-2009, 01:26 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
hey bro, i gotta ask, what do YOU think is the best phone out there?
Honest Opinion? Iphone. But I would never get it since its completely locked down with ridiculous Apple restriction. Gimme iphone with WM and I will be first in line.Second best? I would say 6700. Solid,fast and reliable.

Now now, dont flame me because i said Iphone. But i look at it in hardware performance and thats habds down kills all the current HTC phones.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

when 1 person makes almost 35% of the posts on a 71 post thread I question their intent. It becomes apparent they have a personal vested interest in keeping the thread at the top.

BTW guess I'm just lucky. I have 2 TP's (1 being sold) and 1 TP 2. None of them have ever had any issues or required replacement.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6850

tijkane is a n00b

I got a dead pixel on my first phone. Got it replaced and the second one looks good so far.
Old 09-13-2009, 10:55 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijkane View Post
I got a dead pixel on my first phone. Got it replaced and the second one looks good so far.
Who was the carrier and what did you say to have it replaced? And what reaftion did you get when you explained the reason?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolApathy View Post
when 1 person makes almost 35% of the posts on a 71 post thread I question their intent. It becomes apparent they have a personal vested interest in keeping the thread at the top.

BTW guess I'm just lucky. I have 2 TP's (1 being sold) and 1 TP 2. None of them have ever had any issues or required replacement.
I think... he's either trying to find out all he can before making the plunge or he's really trying to convince himself not to make the plunge. Helping others see any issues is probaby just a plus. I truly think he's trying his hardest not to get this phone after making it clear he was against it.

Although it doesn't have improvement in 3d, which seems to be his biggest problem with the "upgrade," i don't think he'd want to go back to his tp if he actually played with this phone. The screen size and keyboard really make a huge difference in enjoying the WinMo experience. So long VGA and TP!

I still don't see the big deal with stuck pixels. If you get some and can't stand it, return it!!!! That simple. PSP stuck pixel % was much higher and that didn't keep peope away. They just returned until they got one that worked; or they didn't care. Sure, we shouldn't have to, but who cares as long as you end up with a good one. It's not like the chrome issue with the TP, where you pretty much get stuck with the problem. Not to mention a problem like that doesn't show up till maybe months down the road. Stuck pixels are visible from the beginning, so you can get it exchanged ASAP.

Exil3d, please update us when you actually get one in your hands. Oh, and come on, you know how it is in forums. We've been around this site long enough to know how negative people can be. The you've shown for this device is enough to get people to vote in an effort to egg you on even more. It really doesn't matter though because we know that it is an issue. Luckily, the percentage isn't so high that you'd get screwed 5 times in a row.

I know you're not that impressed with the changes on paper, but i think you'll feel differently if you handled one. You haven't, right?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:18 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
I think... he's either trying to find out all he can before making the plunge or he's really trying to convince himself not to make the plunge. Helping others see any issues is probaby just a plus. I truly think he's trying his hardest not to get this phone after making it clear he was against it.

Although it doesn't have improvement in 3d, which seems to be his biggest problem with the "upgrade," i don't think he'd want to go back to his tp if he actually played with this phone. The screen size and keyboard really make a huge difference in enjoying the WinMo experience. So long VGA and TP!

I still don't see the big deal with stuck pixels. If you get some and can't stand it, return it!!!! That simple. PSP stuck pixel % was much higher and that didn't keep peope away. They just returned until they got one that worked; or they didn't care. Sure, we shouldn't have to, but who cares as long as you end up with a good one. It's not like the chrome issue with the TP, where you pretty much get stuck with the problem. Not to mention a problem like that doesn't show up till maybe months down the road. Stuck pixels are visible from the beginning, so you can get it exchanged ASAP.

Exil3d, please update us when you actually get one in your hands. Oh, and come on, you know how it is in forums. We've been around this site long enough to know how negative people can be. The you've shown for this device is enough to get people to vote in an effort to egg you on even more. It really doesn't matter though because we know that it is an issue. Luckily, the percentage isn't so high that you'd get screwed 5 times in a row.

I know you're not that impressed with the changes on paper, but i think you'll feel differently if you handled one. You haven't, right?
in your carrier info did you mean the one and only? not the one and onl?
Old 09-13-2009, 02:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

thanks! no idea how that happened. maybe ppcgeeks put a shorter limit on characters there... coulda sworn i had the y there a week ago. oh well, thanks for the pointer
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2