PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR
should i upgrade to tp2

already a thread sorry please delete

Last edited by DrUnKeN_TiGeR; 09-09-2009 at 03:05 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:04 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: should i upgrade to tp2

Do a lot of reading, is the TP doing all you need it to, etc. You have to make up your own mind, based on your needs. Maybe all you need is a Razr
Old 09-09-2009, 03:06 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

DrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good workDrUnKeN_TiGeR is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via MSN to DrUnKeN_TiGeR Send a message via Yahoo to DrUnKeN_TiGeR

seriously NO ONE NEEDS A RAZOR THOSE THINGS ARE TRASH I LOVE MY TP
Old 09-09-2009, 03:18 AM
VIP Member

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
seriously NO ONE NEEDS A RAZOR THOSE THINGS ARE TRASH I LOVE MY TP
Then it depends on what you feel the benefit, in real world daily use, after the "new" wears off, and how much time you want to spend all over again working out the issues. I skipped the TP1, after seeing all the issues, and remembering the 6 months spent working out issues on the Mogul, including getting GPS working (which many know-it-alls said it could never have, as they tore it apart and took photos as "proof" that it didn't have a GPS chip/antennae, etc.). I decided to keep the stability I had achieved rather than start the process all over again.

That said, I think the issues here are way less than on the TP1 at first, as much of theisphone's systems, software, etc., are similar to the TP1, and many of the same hacks work, and many hacks aren't even needed this time around.

Then factor in the cost vs. benefit, and decide. I'm sure it's therapy for some of us, and that in itself is a benefit.
Old 09-09-2009, 03:25 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i started with the mogul still have one actually then i got the tp loved it Still do but i am really liking the screen on the tp2 i figure they will sell out of their tp stock and then have to start replacing the tps with the tp2s in a few months well see what happens
Old 09-09-2009, 03:38 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrUnKeN_TiGeR View Post
i started with the mogul still have one actually then i got the tp loved it Still do but i am really liking the screen on the tp2 i figure they will sell out of their tp stock and then have to start replacing the tps with the tp2s in a few months well see what happens
I suspect that won't happen. I just got sent my 4th replacement Mogul, and this was the 1st replacement that was NEW, not refurbed. And it had a bad keyboard right away, and they are sending me another. I want a good one to keep as a backup for the TP2 I am sure I am going to get. It's to risky for me to be without a phone, as I have business issues 24/7, and I've been lucky that none of my Mogul issues have had any downtime from the phone function (and I only do the switchover during hours unlikely to interfere with business). Hence, I will keep a good Mogul as a backup. Let's hope the one coming tomorrow is good, becuase I don't know if I can get another after buying the TP2. Hence, I will wait, as long as it darn takes, for them to get me a good Mogul that I can quickly retire.

I've been the "1st on the block" with many things before, including being the ONLY person with the new style Ford Super Duty (1999 model) in the SF Bay area on the road, for 2 full weeks when that new style came out. Fun, yeah, but this is just a phone, and I am not not trying to impress anyone else. Frankly, my Mogul does more things than the latest iPhone, and even has some features the TP1 & 2 don't have (IR port missing on both TP's, flash on TP2). If they would only make a SUPER MOGUL.........

I doubt you'll see the end of TP1 refurbed for well over a year, not that you may not be able to talk someone into an upgrade. But it won't be for lack of supply

Last edited by TheBundo; 09-09-2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

dude u really need to dump that mogul those things are trash i got them to give me a free tp from my mogul cause of all the problems and recently the silver around my tp edge cracked out of the blue didnt drop it or anything this is a known issue i believe so imma wait awhile and try to get them to upgrade me
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2