PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2009, 03:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: got my tp2 for 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rippa_MD View Post
oops!

I wish this deal was up a week ago lol friend just got a tp1 off ebay $185 to come over to sprint. would have been good to negotiate a price match for her.
That's like getting someone to buy a Studebaker so they are driving American lol, j/k. Hope that TP1 is one of the good ones.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2

ONFUS is a n00b

In my own experience, if you have valid reasons and if your contract has or is about to expire, Sprint will work with you w/o much haggling, but you have to be on your best behavior and be lucky to speak with an understanding representative. If you have no luck, politely call latter and you will be surprised as I was. Prices on phones are really meaningless. MSRP has more to do with marketing it as a "high end phone" than with what they really paid for it - so you have to be one of those customers that represent a bigger loss for them gone. If they think you are not a profitable customer, then you will have a tougher time making a case.
BTW, if you have a business ID # the MIR becomes and instant rebate.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lallen3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by railslave View Post
that is after the mir of course. called retentions, and mentioned to them about the verizon tp2 being 200 after mir, and after verification, they hooked me up.

heres how they billed it

phone billed to me for 449.00
instant 150 posted to my account.
100 mail in rebate = 200 beans

now just to be clear, i have been through alot with sprint. was a victim of fruad on my account back in nov, so they prob showed mercy on me. i was eligable fore my upgrade also.

Yeah this was worth a whole thread...
Old 09-09-2009, 09:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

infinitemethod is just getting started

What's retentions digits?
Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Call regular CS and I believe it's prompt #5. I called last week and they gave me $100 credit on my account because I was looking at upgrading to the "Diamond, TP or maybe the TP2 but the TP2 is rather expensive..." so he credited me the $100 without even having to order the phone, gave me unlimited data, etc for $5/month, pick 5. Now I'm eligible for my upgrade too, so the phone will be $250. Not as good as the OP, but heck I'm not complaining. Just some nice chit chat w/ the retention rep, playing nice and even if I don't get the TP2 I'm still ahead!!
Old 09-09-2009, 10:36 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I'm actually going to switch to Verizon unless Sprint offers me a better deal. Usually, I call retentions just trying to get something, but the fact is, where I live, Verizon is a much better service, and I'm seriously ready to make the switch.

Sprint keeps telling me I need to upgrade my SERO plan to the $70 data plan in order to get the TP2, and that I'm only getting the $524 price due to my contract.

So, right now, I'm spending $30 + TEP + taxes per month, but a $524 phone AND a new plan will be outrageous. $200 ETF + $200 for VZW TP2 = $400, and I'm getting the same plan. Seems like an easy decision to me, since Sprint sucks balls.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

got mine for free + 70 credit + 100 mail in rebate so HA since everyone bragging lol
Old 09-09-2009, 11:05 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

starcastic is a n00b

riiiiiight.

thats helpful.
Old 09-09-2009, 12:14 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Got my TP2 for $249 not as good as some of you but better than $349
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-09-2009, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

Rippa_MD is keeping up the good workRippa_MD is keeping up the good work
Cool Re: got my tp2 for 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
got mine for free + 70 credit + 100 mail in rebate so HA since everyone bragging lol
how? depending on your method it will either multiply your bragging rep ten fold or kill it.

answer: ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2