PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Ring and Vibrate won't stick after soft reset (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=83378)

choiranthony 10-10-2009 11:22 PM

Re: Ring and Vibrate won't stick after soft reset

thank you soooooo much ... the vibe/ring issue was kickin' my tail! your help really is HUGE! :)

beefcakeb0 10-11-2009 02:38 AM

any idea what exactly is in the cab? reg edit?

spidrweb 10-11-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 (Post 1228986)

no idea, all i know is it was used on the touch pro 1 when they introduced the windows 6.5 with the new manila, so i tried it and it works so i kept it

and youre very welcome choiranthony, always glad to help out a fellow ppcgeek member

meatgel 10-11-2009 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefcakeb0 (Post 1228986)

It is a lot of reg edits. I couldn't pin down what would actually fix the issue. They seemed to be related to just the in-call phone settings. It's weird that it worked.

apex seals 10-11-2009 10:50 PM

since this is for the TP1, i have one question..

The TP1 would mute the ring when the phone was put face down, does this occur on the TP2 with the cab mentioned? Also, does it cause any harm to the face down speakerphone feature?

spidrweb 10-12-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apex seals (Post 1230829)

The TP1 would mute the ring when the phone was put face down, does this occur on the TP2 with the cab mentioned? Also, does it cause any harm to the face down speakerphone feature?

yo dude im gonna be real with ya... i have absolutely no idea.
what i can tell you is ive been using this cab since the 2nd day ive had the tp2(which is a week after "release date") and nothing at all has mulfunctioned on my fone, everything still works perfectly, the only thing bugging me on the phone is when it shuffles though tabs on it own when you go into the settings, other then that, works perfectly

jmorton10 10-12-2009 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spidrweb (Post 1231184)
the only thing bugging me on the phone is when it shuffles though tabs on it own when you go into the settings, other then that, works perfectly

LOL, something I did to mine cured that problem but I don't have a clue what I did that fixed it.............

~John

meatgel 10-12-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apex seals (Post 1230829)

It doesn't mute the ring --- I don't know if it did that before the cab, either. The speakerphone is still automatic when you turn the phone face down, though.

sjescott 10-12-2009 01:04 PM

I have been watching this thread, since when I use the rocker on my GSM unbranded TP2 to go to vibrate, it switches the profile and Ring to vibrate, but when I use the rocker to get out of vibrate, the profile and ring stay there in vibe mode even if the volume is at the highest on the sound rocker screen...
The fix cab worked for me though, and made me cackle with joy.
Thanks spidrweb!
Steve

apex seals 10-12-2009 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by meatgel (Post 1231675)
It doesn't mute the ring --- I don't know if it did that before the cab, either. The speakerphone is still automatic when you turn the phone face down, though.

no, the TP2 does not mute the ring if placed face down, the original TP1 did... Since the cab posted was for the TP1 which had that feature, i thought it would add that feature.

thanks for testing!