PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82731)

timezone 09-10-2009 11:49 PM

Re: Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D?

I thought I read that uninstalling the database editor reverts the database to its original records in the table. When you uninstalled the editor did it leave your changes intact or you did this just to get out of the problem? I wish I thought of this before doing a hard reset because I had a different problem that forced me to do a hard reset earlier in the evening. I didn't realize the 4 program column display cab was for 6.5.

herbster 09-11-2009 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this fix and it worked for me...

1. In Total Commander, navigate to the Windows directory and find 2330fc3c_manila. Copy the file OUT of the windows directory. Go to the properties of that file and uncheck "Read only". Click ok to save your changes to the file. Copy the file BACK to the Windows directory.

2. Download Weather Database Editor (attached in this post) and install. Launch the app, go to your Country > click "Edit" > click "Cities" > click "Edit" > click "Add City".

3. Add your city using the Accuweather code. Example for me: NAM|CA|NB|FREDERICTON (Continent|Country|Province|City)

4. Click OK to save that bad boy, and then soft reset your phone.

5. You can now add your city in TF3D and pray for sun.

Success for me with little praying

Edit: You forgot to attach the file ;-) I added what I think is the right one. -malatesta

Malatesta 09-11-2009 03:42 PM

I used the above method with Resco Explorer. Worked flawlessly.

My code was: NAM|US|NY|<town>

wannano 09-11-2009 04:25 PM

Many Thanks!

WarChild 09-11-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbster (Post 1157376)
I found this fix and it worked for me...

yup work perfect for me thanks. only min was weird NAM|US|FL|ORMOND%20BEACH

Tweak_four17 09-11-2009 07:03 PM

1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...

Malatesta 09-11-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 (Post 1158266)
1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...

Ah ha!

Was wondering where that went. I've done so many tweaks lately, I had no idea which one was the culprit. Thanks for the write up.

timezone 09-11-2009 10:59 PM

I was able to copy it to the storage drive but still had a problem removing the read only flag. I finally somehow did it. Then I discovered the original file now says it is in ROM memory. I did a soft reset and it still says it is in ROM memory so now it cannot be deleted/renamed or copied over. I don't believe I originally found it in this state. How do I get it out of ROM memory? Seems like a soft reset it should do it but that didn't work.
Thanks

wrn1138 09-12-2009 11:06 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/buttons/edit.gif

g00s3y 09-13-2009 12:28 AM

I can't seem to get it to work. I have done everything in order as listed, but when i select my city and it tries to download it always takes about a minute and then says it can't find anything. I live in North Brunswick, NJ and tried all these

NAM|US|NJ|NORTH BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTH%20BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTHBRUNSWICK

None of them work. Even tried Edison cause I went to accuweather mobile site and that city was on there

NAM|US|NJ|EDISON

Even that didn't work on my phone, any help here? (on verizon btw)