PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82731)

CosmoPilot 09-05-2009 11:18 AM

Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D?

I could've swore a while back I read you could add to the limited weather choices on the TP1 (I thought about getting it, but stuck with my 800w until something better came along...now I have the TP2).

I'm wondering, is this fix is possible using the TF3D on the TP2? If so, anyone mind posting the how-to for a new TP user?

Thanks in advance!

Cosmo

Tweak_four17 09-05-2009 12:21 PM

Re: Fixing Weather Locations in TF3D?

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...hlight=weather

CosmoPilot 09-05-2009 09:48 PM

I followed these instructions carefully; however, when I try to launch the weather database editor, I get the following error message:

"This application requires a newer version of the microsoft .NET Compact Framework than the version installed on this device."

I noticed in the link provided, that another user had a similar problem. Any advice for a new TP2 Sprint user?

Thanks in advance!

Cosmo

Tweak_four17 09-05-2009 09:52 PM

you need to download the updated version from microsofts website..its free...it is also linked in the sticky about hacking/tweaking..

CosmoPilot 09-05-2009 10:31 PM

I downloaded this, and it stated it would transfer over during the next sync. Well, I sync'd the device and can't tell if it was pushed to the phone or not. I tried again to launch the weather database editor, and got the same error message....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cosmo

Tweak_four17 09-05-2009 10:34 PM

not sure about installing that way, i just got the .cab directly onto my phone and installed it there..soft reset everything was good

land2634 09-05-2009 10:47 PM

Nevermind. This can be deleted.

CosmoPilot 09-05-2009 10:53 PM

Okay, finally got it to work. Reading microsoft's website, it stated to ensure the device was connected to the computer when you install the .NET Framework.

Therefore, I uninstalled it off the computer (with the device hooked up...while connected via ActiveSync --Vista). Then I left the device hooked up to the computer and reinstalled it. This time, the device asked for me to click "install" which was different than before.

Now all is good and it is working!

Hope this helps someone else having similar difficulties!

Cosmo

timezone 09-10-2009 11:06 PM

I have the latest dotNet framework but I used the weather database editor from my original TP. It recognized the existing database and I was able to add the new cities. However when I went to weather my TF3D restarts. I did a soft reset and again TF3D restarts. It sits on the weather screen for a second or two attempting to load and then it restarts TF3D. I already have done a hard reset to fix the problem.

Can someone confirm that the weather database used for TP2 is a newer one? If it is the same one used with TP then I won't install it and try again. Thanks

grad20_09 09-10-2009 11:36 PM

same issue here, had to uninstall the database editor.

timezone 09-10-2009 11:49 PM

I thought I read that uninstalling the database editor reverts the database to its original records in the table. When you uninstalled the editor did it leave your changes intact or you did this just to get out of the problem? I wish I thought of this before doing a hard reset because I had a different problem that forced me to do a hard reset earlier in the evening. I didn't realize the 4 program column display cab was for 6.5.

herbster 09-11-2009 01:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I found this fix and it worked for me...

1. In Total Commander, navigate to the Windows directory and find 2330fc3c_manila. Copy the file OUT of the windows directory. Go to the properties of that file and uncheck "Read only". Click ok to save your changes to the file. Copy the file BACK to the Windows directory.

2. Download Weather Database Editor (attached in this post) and install. Launch the app, go to your Country > click "Edit" > click "Cities" > click "Edit" > click "Add City".

3. Add your city using the Accuweather code. Example for me: NAM|CA|NB|FREDERICTON (Continent|Country|Province|City)

4. Click OK to save that bad boy, and then soft reset your phone.

5. You can now add your city in TF3D and pray for sun.

Success for me with little praying

Edit: You forgot to attach the file ;-) I added what I think is the right one. -malatesta

Malatesta 09-11-2009 03:42 PM

I used the above method with Resco Explorer. Worked flawlessly.

My code was: NAM|US|NY|<town>

wannano 09-11-2009 04:25 PM

Many Thanks!

WarChild 09-11-2009 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbster (Post 1157376)
I found this fix and it worked for me...

yup work perfect for me thanks. only min was weird NAM|US|FL|ORMOND%20BEACH

Tweak_four17 09-11-2009 07:03 PM

1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...

Malatesta 09-11-2009 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tweak_four17 (Post 1158266)
1 thing to note, if you add a new city to the weather database, it will work in the weather tab, however to get it so the weather for that day shows up in the calender, you need to add your new city to the world clock. When you do this the time zone is all messed up as the weatherdatabase editor must not include a valid time zone. To get around this you need to find a city that is in the same time zone as you and edit that entry to make it for your new city instead of creating a new entry...

Ah ha!

Was wondering where that went. I've done so many tweaks lately, I had no idea which one was the culprit. Thanks for the write up.

timezone 09-11-2009 10:59 PM

I was able to copy it to the storage drive but still had a problem removing the read only flag. I finally somehow did it. Then I discovered the original file now says it is in ROM memory. I did a soft reset and it still says it is in ROM memory so now it cannot be deleted/renamed or copied over. I don't believe I originally found it in this state. How do I get it out of ROM memory? Seems like a soft reset it should do it but that didn't work.
Thanks

wrn1138 09-12-2009 11:06 PM

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/buttons/edit.gif

g00s3y 09-13-2009 12:28 AM

I can't seem to get it to work. I have done everything in order as listed, but when i select my city and it tries to download it always takes about a minute and then says it can't find anything. I live in North Brunswick, NJ and tried all these

NAM|US|NJ|NORTH BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTH%20BRUNSWICK
NAM|US|NJ|NORTHBRUNSWICK

None of them work. Even tried Edison cause I went to accuweather mobile site and that city was on there

NAM|US|NJ|EDISON

Even that didn't work on my phone, any help here? (on verizon btw)

WarChild 09-13-2009 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g00s3y (Post 1161248)
I can't seem to get it to work.

NAM|US|NJ|NORTH%20BRUNSWICK worked fine when I did it says 64 cloudy H81 L59

B.SkiLLs 09-13-2009 07:54 AM

Hey guys whats up??

What happened with the Weather Dtabase cab file v2. I tried to use it and didnt work. Kept trying to reload TF3D when went to that tab.

Is there a new version of it instead of the other database way where you have to add the city/state by code from the weather site location path etc etc ???

I just found one but not sure if that is it or not. I know there was two of them. One like i just mentioned above then one that auto created them for you with tons of cities etc etc already in the cad

Thxs.

WarChild 09-13-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.SkiLLs (Post 1161632)
Hey guys whats up??

What happened with the Weather Dtabase cab file v2. I tried to use it and didnt work. Kept trying to reload TF3D when went to that tab.

Is there a new version of it instead of the other database way where you have to add the city/state by code from the weather site location path etc etc ???

I just found one but not sure if that is it or not. I know there was two of them. One like i just mentioned above then one that auto created them for you with tons of cities etc etc already in the cad

Thxs.

I tried to ues the one your talking about and it started doing th IDS_**** bull crap so I went back to the 1.2v but if ya wanna give it another shot HERE it is

B.SkiLLs 09-13-2009 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1161736)
I tried to ues the one your talking about and it started doing th IDS_**** bull crap so I went back to the 1.2v but if ya wanna give it another shot HERE it is

Yeah thanks. Thats the one i was talking about i think. The old version tho. I couldnt find that topic (i thought i saved it but) i ended up trying and using this one Conflipper North America Weather V3 and it worked. Kinda froze up at first for a few seconds. Thought it was going to do what the other one did but it worked fine. Actually better. Only US states plus has the letters next on the right of screen to choose faster.

No problems yet with it.

wrn1138 09-13-2009 09:58 PM

I tried the Conflipper version, but it does not give accurate temperature information for my town. It's about 15 degrees off.

B.SkiLLs 09-15-2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wrn1138 (Post 1163004)
I tried the Conflipper version, but it does not give accurate temperature information for my town. It's about 15 degrees off.

I haven't checked that. I will right no tho. It shouldnt because all it is is ran off a weather site so.. It should be set to what ever the weather site is just like the other fix app i was talking about also.

B.SkiLLs 09-15-2009 03:48 PM

Just checked and mine is right on the money. Sometimes just 1% off. It's 88 here on my weather desktop widget and 87 on my phone it shows.

B.SkiLLs 10-13-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.SkiLLs (Post 1161755)
Yeah thanks. Thats the one i was talking about i think. The old version tho. I couldnt find that topic (i thought i saved it but) i ended up trying and using this one Conflipper North America Weather V3 and it worked. Kinda froze up at first for a few seconds. Thought it was going to do what the other one did but it worked fine. Actually better. Only US states plus has the letters next on the right of screen to choose faster.

No problems yet with it.

This one just stopped working for me out of the blue like 4 days ago also. I posted it about it to so we shall see if guess if there is a fix.

WarChild 10-13-2009 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.SkiLLs (Post 1233888)
This one just stopped working for me out of the blue like 4 days ago also. I posted it about it to so we shall see if guess if there is a fix.

Confliper had his server taken away and is trying to get it back up by Thursday.

BOO B) 10-13-2009 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B.SkiLLs (Post 1233888)

You should check this thread for answer to your question. He is in the processes of getting new server. Look HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90088

BOO B)

B.SkiLLs 10-13-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandWheeler (Post 1233893)
Confliper had his server taken away and is trying to get it back up by Thursday.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bootheresa (Post 1233894)
You should check this thread for answer to your question. He is in the processes of getting new server. Look HERE: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=90088

BOO B)

oohh ok thanks. I seen something about that i think. Musta of not read it fully or right. Guess to early for me to think..lol.

Thxs again.