PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2009, 03:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion
TP2? Sprint Hero, here we come!

Nice unboxing videos today may I add. Okay lets be realistic though, first I hear it has the same hardware as the first TP. Now I see Sprint doesn't even bother to give a case or other acessories. Maybe we could let this stuff slide, but wait! Why dont we just crank that price up well were at it? Plus everything should be capacitive now anyways. Well the newly announced Sprint Hero is sounding better and better and with that lovely price tag, I might be having a change of mind.

In all honesty, I'm going to wait anyways for October 6 and then make up my mind!

Anyone else?
Old 09-04-2009, 03:43 AM
Mobileunderground.info
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

bikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the communitybikeandestroyx is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to bikeandestroyx Send a message via MSN to bikeandestroyx
Re: TP2? Sprint Hero, here we come!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alksion View Post
Nice unboxing videos today may I add. Okay lets be realistic though, first I hear it has the same hardware as the first TP. Now I see Sprint doesn't even bother to give a case or other acessories. Maybe we could let this stuff slide, but wait! Why dont we just crank that price up well were at it? Plus everything should be capacitive now anyways. Well the newly announced Sprint Hero is sounding better and better and with that lovely price tag, I might be having a change of mind.

In all honesty, I'm going to wait anyways for October 6 and then make up my mind!

Anyone else?
The hero has the exact same hardware as the tp and tp2. They couldnt make it capacitive, 6.1 doesnt support capacitive, and 6.5 does, but not very well yet. Plus this is for business, most people using this phone for business need the stylus to write notes etc.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

While the Hero is cheaper to acquire initially - It has much higher plan requirement, so Sprint, despite being perfectly/technically capable of activating it on a SERO line, will not. I'd rather pay a higher up-front price for the TP2 and come out ahead in the long run due to a cheaper plan.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Alksion is keeping up the good workAlksion is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to Alksion Send a message via Yahoo to Alksion

It's cool i got the everything plan
Old 09-04-2009, 11:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetBearCub View Post
While the Hero is cheaper to acquire initially - It has much higher plan requirement, so Sprint, despite being perfectly/technically capable of activating it on a SERO line, will not. I'd rather pay a higher up-front price for the TP2 and come out ahead in the long run due to a cheaper plan.
Hey, where is it confirmed that the Hero will not work on SERO? I only saw some conjecture based on a cnet report that it requires an unlimited data plan, and then it was followed by a plug for the Everything Plus plan. It didn't say specifically that it was required.
Old 09-04-2009, 11:55 AM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i sold my pre to save up for a touch pro 2 but the hero has swayed me to wait till october with the new (non gold) design and updated firmware that makes it smooth as butter
Old 09-04-2009, 11:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dumbphone - Vogue - Touch Pro - Touch Pro 2 - Evo

Meanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMeanee is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I do remember HTC saying that they will start putting Sense on WinMo devices, going forward. If that's the case, you should see ROMs with HTC's sense (I know there's a PointUI one out there). So you would be able to get Hero experience on Touch Pro 2, if you are on SERO
Old 09-04-2009, 12:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Telesales Launch Day H/W Rev.)
Carrier: Sprint PCS

SweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSweetBearCub is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by takimaki View Post
Hey, where is it confirmed that the Hero will not work on SERO? I only saw some conjecture based on a cnet report that it requires an unlimited data plan, and then it was followed by a plug for the Everything Plus plan. It didn't say specifically that it was required.
I based that off of a front page news item on this site. It linked to the CNET report and said something to the effect of "Sorry SERO peeps, Simply Everything required"

But I wonder... If the Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, and Hero all share the same hardware.. And we can easily make TP2 software run on a TP1.. Why can't we port a fully working copy of Android from the Hero to either TP variant?
Old 09-04-2009, 12:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)

takimaki is a n00b

Well, as is typical with Sprint, we are getting conflicting reports about the Hero and SERO. I found this on sprintusers:

Quote:
-- After being on hold for about 5 minutes she comes back on and says that in a con-call that literally just occurred, Sprint has backed off of that position. SERO will not be phased out, and the only phone right now that will require a forced change is the Pre. She said that I would still be eligible for the Hero on my current SERO plan (to which I told her to please make a note of that on my account).
http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=193546

It does seem strange for Sprint to be excluding HTC devices from SERO, as they have always left the door open to them. I guess we'll see what happens!
Old 09-04-2009, 12:23 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanee View Post
I do remember HTC saying that they will start putting Sense on WinMo devices, going forward. If that's the case, you should see ROMs with HTC's sense (I know there's a PointUI one out there). So you would be able to get Hero experience on Touch Pro 2, if you are on SERO
thats touchflo3d 2.6 and up. it has the sense design now cuz they are changing prectically every tab to resemble sense. but its still manila.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2