PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Pro 2 is Also missing 3d accelaration. Confirmed! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=81249)

Exil3d 08-26-2009 07:51 PM

Pro 2 is Also missing 3d accelaration. Confirmed!

Ok it official! I finally tested both the tmobile and Telus Pro2. I spent about a good hour on both and tried igo, tom tom, livemaps, goofle maps, teeter, and a few other apps on it. I playwd with the Tf3d2, tested ut, opened all the windows on WM 6.1 and scrolled around to test the 2d abilities.I tested the Camerawith different formats and settings and took pics and vidsand opened up alot off apps to hog the memory and see thw performance hit and see if it bogs down. So.... after doing all of than I came to a solid conclusion. There is no 3d accelaration. Its exactly the samme as thw Pro 2. Tomtom,igo,live,googlemaps,opera9.5,PIE,teeter,fil e explorer, 6.1 in general scrooling arw 100% identical to Pro 1. I was expecting at least a bit smoother rendering since its Part 2 but no, we are getting the exact same deal as Pro1. Ok, now on the positive side. Loud Speaker is better and louder. Screen is a bit more responsive to the touch but not by much. A fww times I did have to double tap to get a response. Camera is a bit better but still suffer the low light stutter we have with the Pro1.So going from bright to low light makes the video crawl bad. The keyboard us the only feature that I really consider a good upgrade. Its actualky very very very nice and I can easily speed text without a priblem.The screen is also another great upgradeand it does not have the limited viewing problem some Touch ppcs had. OVERALL THE SIze OF THE PHONE IS NOT THAT BIG, I was wxpecting a bigger phone so thats another plus. Another issue I noticed was thats it has 256 ram instead of 288 like the Pro 1. We went back again. I did throw in the XDA drivers thats suppose to make it render better but I was dissapointed because it did not give the phone the boost I was hoping. It just made tf3d a bit faster nothing else. There was still that terrible 2d page twaring when browsing thru files using File Explorer. Very sad. I PLAYED A hD video on tcpmp (Wall-e) and to my surprise it bogged down a bit in a few scenes just like Pro did. So finalized this, I am dissapointed greatly. Only was I will get ut is if Sprint swaps it for my Pro. Otherwise absolutely no way in hades. Remember, bwfore anyone flames me.. this is solely my opinion and no one elses. Performance wise it its 3d and 2d abilities compared to the iphone its 30% of what the iphone renders in 2d and 3d. And dont flame me because Im comparing it to the iphone, I know sone of you hate to comoare anything to the iphone, but reality check... iphone sets the bar high in its 3d and 2d abilities and HTC should match it if hot surpassed it by now.

redd214 08-26-2009 07:56 PM

Re: Pro 2 is Also missing 3d accelaration. Confirmed!

great writeup thanx for the info.....again.....and again here ya go champ:

http://www.apple.com/iphone/?cid=OAS...INS-iphone.com

i hear they have plenty

Dr.8820 08-26-2009 08:02 PM

good job there ex. as most of the people here know, i'll be passing on this as well. i'll keep my tp1 as long as sprint has 'em!

gatolsf 08-26-2009 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1123644)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/?cid=oas...ins-iphone.com

i hear they have plenty

.lol.

correct 08-26-2009 08:23 PM

i'm not read all of that. starting to see how you got your name though.

TheRealHotshot 08-26-2009 08:40 PM

no shocker we all knew htc wasnt going to buy the drivers needed maybe next time eh? lmaoooo sucks tho :( oh well

redz1234 08-26-2009 08:49 PM

How have these drivers not been leaked? .. Compared to my HTC Titan my TP2 is amazing..

Noir 08-26-2009 08:49 PM

this was asked and it was already speculated 3d acceleration wasn't out of the box. heck xda is all over that already but good find nonetheless

jethro_static 08-26-2009 08:50 PM

I just wanna add this just to give one an Idea. Here's a game going to the iphone.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm...den-iphone.jpg

And here's a game for WM:

http://i26.tinypic.com/fkvdab.gif

Iphone does not even have buttons. LOL

Noir 08-26-2009 08:55 PM

that is a big difference =/ makes windows look bad ... =(

MightyMike 08-26-2009 08:59 PM

I understand that this was probably written via mobile, but... You think you can hit up a spell check on this "review" of yours?

Thanks

jethro_static 08-26-2009 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1123750)

I know right. It's like PS2 compared to nintendo famicom.

gTen 08-26-2009 09:06 PM

You would not see improvements because the pack on XDA only includes the 3d drivers and not 2d.

From what I ready the pixel fillrate for the CPU is like 128 and with drivers its like 533..so its like 4x speed improvement if we get the drivers. From what the specs also show, the MSM7200 and MSM7600 should be capable of graphics equivalent to the PSP and the DS if not slightly better

jethro_static 08-26-2009 09:17 PM

Don't worry guys. Iphone does not have the crown yet for Mobile gaming. Read here.

http://wmpoweruser.com/wp-content/up...ames_thumb.jpg

gTen 08-26-2009 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123802)
Don't worry guys. Iphone does not have the crown yet for Mobile gaming. Read here.

If you look at it that way..once flash 10 comes out you'll get to almost unlimited amount of games..but this is more of a hardware that is running windows mobile.

jethro_static 08-26-2009 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1123814)
If you look at it that way..once flash 10 comes out you'll get to almost unlimited amount of games..but this is more of a hardware that is running windows mobile.

Flash 10 won't do much for the games. It's OpenGL.

gTen 08-26-2009 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123817)
Flash 10 won't do much for the games. It's OpenGL.

No i am saying once Flash 10 is added you'll get access to many games that are already built long ago and are constantly being built.

But as long as the hardware is crippled, no matter what Microsoft does there is nothing they can do. And in a way it is hurting Microsoft because whenever someone picks up their headset they see these lag and etc. They should include it in their license agreement that manufacturer must include all drivers >.>

As my post above said, our HTC phones should be no less then a PSP/DS performance wise if it is uncrippled.

jethro_static 08-26-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1123831)
No i am saying once Flash 10 is added you'll get access to many games that are already built long ago and are constantly being built.

But as long as the hardware is crippled, no matter what Microsoft does there is nothing they can do. And in a way it is hurting Microsoft because whenever someone picks up their headset they see these lag and etc. They should include it in their license agreement that manufacturer must include all drivers >.>

As my post above said, our HTC phones should be no less then a PSP/DS performance wise if it is uncrippled.

HTC and Qualcomm are just lazy. Nvidia wrote their own 3D driver. They will be using OpenGL with their Tegra 3D engine. They are writing 3D game from the ground up. They are even using the older WinCE OS on their demo and seems like it's working flawlessly. Imagine Nvidia using WM6.5 or WM7.

bikeandestroyx 08-26-2009 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123838)
HTC and Qualcomm are just lazy. Nvidia wrote their own 3D driver. They will be using OpenGL with their Tegra 3D engine. They are writing 3D game from the ground up. They are even using the older WinCE OS on their demo and seems like it's working flawlessly. Imagine Nvidia using WM6.5 or WM7.

oh man i cant wait, tegra looks great, anyword on devices coming out soon with it? besides the zune HD

gTen 08-26-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1123844)
oh man i cant wait, tegra looks great, anyword on devices coming out soon with it? besides the zune HD

Well there was a "rumor" of a samsung phone with tegra on at&t by end of this year...

I am not saying Tegra isn't nice..but it would be nice to have something working of what we already have.

Its an Carrier phone, through HTC made, Qualcomm and an ATI Graphics card...

I am sure licensing gets messed up somewhere..my guess is that HTC has license to teh drivers as the HTC Tytn II shows..but the moment they are given to a carrier the license cannot transfer...and the prob don't put it on their phones cause then carriers will complain..my guess is carriers are at fault here as well.

I mean they should atleast give the users an option to buy the drivers per device for like 50$ or so..they'd make crazy profit...

That said..the FCC has been very rowdy lately..you think they'd go for a claim that HTC is purposely not including drivers to damage WM so they can all go Android *whistle*

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redd214 (Post 1123644)

http://www.apple.com/iphone/?cid=OAS...INS-iphone.com

i hear they have plenty

HAHAHAH! I was expecting a htc fan boy but god damn.. you are quick! :mrgreen:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.8820 (Post 1123655)
good job there ex. as most of the people here know, i'll be passing on this as well. i'll keep my tp1 as long as sprint has 'em!

DItto! I refuse to give HTC another dime.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheRealHotshot (Post 1123723)
no shocker we all knew htc wasnt going to buy the drivers needed maybe next time eh? lmaoooo sucks tho :( oh well

We have been hoping ("hope" lol@ worldwide & mr8820) for this fix since the Mogul and Tilt were the first next gen ppc's effected with this flawed CPU driver issue case. We have hoped fpr over 3 generations and heres the 4th generation Pro2 and Diamond 2 and we got the shaft once again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by redz1234 (Post 1123734)
How have these drivers not been leaked? .. Compared to my HTC Titan my TP2 is amazing..

They have not been leaked! The reason you see the Pro as incredible is because the HI resulotion your staring at. lol. Everything else is the same if not a bit slower due to the hi resulution. Seriouly.. My regular Touch is smoother and faster with some HOME plugins compared to my Pro.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1123736)
this was asked and it was already speculated 3d acceleration wasn't out of the box. heck xda is all over that already but good find nonetheless

There has been custom drivers made by talented guys like Chainfire over at XDA but nothing to jump over joy about. They have been taking cracks at this since the Kaiser was the first group of consumers complaining in how terrible their Tom tom and Igo runs compared to their older PPC's. Its been over 3 years and no one has been able to truly unlock the proper drivers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123737)
I just wanna add this just to give one an Idea. Here's a game going to the iphone.
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadgetm...den-iphone.jpg

And here's a game for WM:

http://i26.tinypic.com/fkvdab.gif

Iphone does not even have buttons. LOL

LOLOLOL! Ya..... but the HTC fan bois take offense when you compare anything to the iphone. Look at the first respond I got from here. LOL Seriously HTCfanbois... get over it! Even you will one day really see how much superior the 2d and 3d rendering the iphone has over any HTC phone at the moment. Its embarrassing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noir (Post 1123750)

Exactly! Terrible. LOL. Its more like PS3 vs PS. :( I take it back. PS3 vs. Atari Linxs

Quote:

Originally Posted by mightymike (Post 1123759)
I understand that this was probably written via mobile, but... You think you can hit up a spell check on this "review" of yours?

Thanks

Thanks genius. Any better input besides nonsense? :angry7:

Thanks

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123760)
I know right. It's like PS2 compared to nintendo famicom.

PS3 vs. Linxs

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1123772)
You would not see improvements because the pack on XDA only includes the 3d drivers and not 2d.
From what I ready the pixel fillrate for the CPU is like 128 and with drivers its like 533..so its like 4x speed improvement if we get the drivers. From what the specs also show, the MSM7200 and MSM7600 should be capable of graphics equivalent to the PSP and the DS if not slightly better

Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better. :( Also, yes... the onboard GFX chip on the MS72XX CPU is suppose to push out triangles like the DS.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1123831)

EXACTLY! Thats why I compare it to the iphone! Sertiously.. I dont like the Apple System where as everything is locked to them only. Thats why I refuse to buy a iphone. But tis fair to compare the graphics ability to it since they have set the bar really high and our phones can match it but HTC and qualcomn are like a fighting married couple. They refuse to settle for the drivers and they care less as long as ppl buy them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by jethro_static (Post 1123838)

Thats what I am waiting for. No more HTC until the Tegra comes out with fully functioning 3d engine. Pro 1 was my last HTC phone period.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bikeandestroyx (Post 1123844)

Ya.. Zune is almost here! But it need a RADIO so we can make calls! LOL. Honestly i thinks Tegra devices are due next year i think.

jethro_static 08-26-2009 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123899)
HAHAHAH! I was expecting a htc fan boy but god damn.. you are quick! :mrgreen:

DItto! I refuse to give HTC another dime.

We have been hoping ("hope" lol@ worldwide & mr8820) for this fix since the Mogul and Tilt were the first next gen ppc's effected with this flawed CPU driver issue case. We have hoped fpr over 3 generations and heres the 4th generation Pro2 and Diamond 2 and we got the shaft once again.

They have not been leaked! The reason you see the Pro as incredible is because the HI resulotion your staring at. lol. Everything else is the same if not a bit slower due to the hi resulution. Seriouly.. My regular Touch is smoother and faster with some HOME plugins compared to my Pro.

There has been custom drivers made by talented guys like Chainfire over at XDA but nothing to jump over joy about. They have been taking cracks at this since the Kaiser was the first group of consumers complaining in how terrible their Tom tom and Igo runs compared to their older PPC's. Its been over 3 years and no one has been able to truly unlock the proper drivers.

LOLOLOL! Ya..... but the HTC fan bois take offense when you compare anything to the iphone. Look at the first respond I got from here. LOL Seriously HTCfanbois... get over it! Even you will one day really see how much superior the 2d and 3d rendering the iphone has over any HTC phone at the moment. Its embarrassing.

Exactly! Terrible. LOL. Its more like PS3 vs PS. :( I take it back. PS3 vs. Atari Linxs

Thanks genius. Any better input besides nonsense? :angry7:

Thanks

PS3 vs. PS more like it. lol

Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better. :( Also, yes... the onboard GFX chip on the MS72XX CPU is suppose to put or triangles like the DS.

EXACTLY! Thats why I compare it to the iphone! Sertiously.. I dont like the Apple System where as everything is locked to them only. Thats why I refuse to buy a iphone. But tis fair to compare the graphics ability to it since they have set the bar really high and our phones can match it but HTC and qualcomn are like a fighting married couple. They refuse to settle for the drivers and they care less as long as ppl buy them.

Thats what I am waiting for. No more HTC until the Tegra comes out with fully functioning 3d engine. Pro 1 was my last HTC phone period.

Ya.. Zune is almost here! But it need a RADIO so we can make calls! LOL. Honestly i thinks Tegra devices are due next year i think.

Wow !! the whole chatroom in 1 post.

Dr.8820 08-26-2009 10:21 PM

*grabs a seat and a bag of popcorn*

this will get good!

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:24 PM

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH! Well, arent you all sick of hearing these HTC fan bois complaining to anyone who dares compare anything to a iphone? Common? Iphone runs circles and more over any HTC pcc.And i will still not get a iphone. I wish we all could somehow collectively stop buying HTC WM phones. Then and only then we will all WIN and get a powerfull device. not cripple junk with HTC fanbois swearing how cool it is. They is them "I love my Pro 2 its soo hi rez." lol.

redd214 08-26-2009 10:27 PM

not a fanboy dude, not even sure what the hell that is lol! just noticing all your posts related to the same thing (iphone/lack of 3d drivers) so i was tryin to point ya in the right direction.

good luck my man

edit, maybe u could help us out also since i see u wont get an iphone, go get a job at htc as an exec and make some changes dude! crack some heads in there and get us some drivers!! me and the rest of the fanboys would love ya 4 it

darren.wlsn1 08-26-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.8820 (Post 1123910)
*grabs a seat and a bag of popcorn*

this will get good!

LOL, ding... popcorn up

gTen 08-26-2009 10:32 PM

Quote:

Trust me.. I was really hoping at least 2d was gonna benefit from the xda drivers but when I launched Google maps (2d).. it was no better.
Actually the XDA drivers are 3d only...no2chem did a little work on the 2d drivers on the Mogul back in the day but never got a chance to finish it.

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 1123933)
Actually the XDA drivers are 3d only...no2chem did a little work on the 2d drivers on the Mogul back in the day but never got a chance to finish it.

Thats one of my points. Poor guys over at XDA and here. They are trying to give us something HTC will not. What did we pay for then? Some paid full price for these phones. Seriously! 549.99? and some paid 299.99? Its like we bought a super unlocked iphone but with a DORITo Ranch Chip instead of a graphic chip. Thats just wrong.:disgust:

You all have to relate to me even a bit.... arent you tired of these non accelarated devices? If you are.. dont byt the PRO! Your just making HTC ignore us.

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1123925)
LOL, ding... popcorn up

You sit back. I got a bugger to pick with you. :angry7:

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:44 PM

Ok.. to open your eyes a bit more.

This is what proper 3d drivers do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MfQ...11D3CA&index=0

And this is what we PPC WM users have. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM6S0YqqrE

WHich one do you like?

darren.wlsn1 08-26-2009 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123941)
You sit back. I got a bugger to pick with you. :angry7:

pm is listed as is all my im info. i think i should have a bone to pick with you, not you with me.

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1123971)
pm is listed as is all my im info. i think i should have a bone to pick with you, not you with me.

Get back on topic on sit back. Lets keep this on track. :angry7:

Exil3d 08-26-2009 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123951)
Ok.. to open your eyes a bit more.

This is what proper 3d drivers do.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3MfQ...11D3CA&index=0

And this is what we PPC WM users have. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCM6S0YqqrE

WHich one do you like?

Everyone... I wish to make sure you all know what you are buying. Just look at these 2 vids. Wouldnt it be a dream to have the PRO render this good? Common.... we can agree to that right? If the Pro 2 had the drivers.. ZOMFG! I would have had one from the black market already!

darren.wlsn1 08-26-2009 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123977)
Get back on topic on sit back. Lets keep this on track. :angry7:

lol, funny coming from you. for what its worth, i agree with you.

Exil3d 08-26-2009 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1123987)
lol, funny coming from you. for what its worth, i agree with you.

Did you see those vids I put? Ask yourself this question. "As a consumer, which rendering engine do I want? A: Iphone 3d engine? B: Htc cripple 3d engine?

Just answer and dont flame. :)

Dr.8820 08-26-2009 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exil3d (Post 1123993)
Did you see those vids I put? Ask yourself this question. "As a consumer, which rendering engine do I want? A: Iphone 3d engine? B: Htc cripple 3d engine?

Just answer and dont flame. :)

i think he did...he's not getting one either! we're all brothers, right:)?

darren.wlsn1 08-26-2009 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr.8820 (Post 1124000)
i think he did...he's not getting one either! we're all brothers, right:)?

thanx and yes i did agree with him. no im not getting a tp2, eventhough sprint just offered me 250 bux off with no contract upgrade and that ends oct 29th.

Carla 08-26-2009 11:10 PM

Great write-up Ex:)

Dr.8820 08-26-2009 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 (Post 1124008)
thanx and yes i did agree with him. no im not getting a tp2, eventhough sprint just offered me 250 bux off with no contract upgrade and that ends oct 29th.

i'm just happy i got mine like i want it! next step is d/ling movies from my pc. but i'll take baby steps!

Exil3d 08-26-2009 11:13 PM

Ok.... since we are all in a good foot. I will admit this. It should go on my confession thread but i will just say it here. And its nothing new..... I have said it in the past and will say it again now. I will get the PRO 2 but I will not pay 1 dime for it. My pro one does not charge when I am using GPS on trips because it get soo hot it can possible make in infertile if its in my pocket and 1/4 of my calls always go directly to my voicebox specially on weekends and Sprint nows this. And also... KB just dies on me last week. So I wont go in and turn it in for repairs. i will use it as ammo to get the PRO 2 for free. So dont think that i completely hate the PRo 2, just that I refuse to spend 1 more penny of cripple hardware. SICK OF IT! heheheh