PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Speaker volume (quiet then loud) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=80017)

shtewps 08-19-2009 10:55 PM

Re: Speaker volume (quiet then loud)

^bump^ ..just so this doesnt get lost :)

I also noticed that this issue occurs during every sequence of ring during an incoming call. Using Ring-Standard3

tamalpais 08-20-2009 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glroze (Post 1109885)
It does the same thing when you play bubble breaker, sometimes the 'pop' sound will be very low in volume, then the next time it will play at normal volume.

yes, have noticed this when playing BB as well! hard to set the volume at right level to ensure you can play on the subway and not annoy your neighbors, because it keeps changing on you!

(i may also be having the same behavior with missing the first part of notification sounds when coming out of sleep, but i am still in the process of choosing tones and volume levels, so I hadn't started to worry just yet.)

shtewps 08-20-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tamalpais (Post 1112879)
yes, have noticed this when playing BB as well! hard to set the volume at right level to ensure you can play on the subway and not annoy your neighbors, because it keeps changing on you!

(i may also be having the same behavior with missing the first part of notification sounds when coming out of sleep, but i am still in the process of choosing tones and volume levels, so I hadn't started to worry just yet.)

The ONLY work-around I found (and it's not even really a work-around) is to disable the key tones because those are the most annoying part about having a loud system volume. After those are disabled you can jack the system volume to 100%, so you can at least get the MOST out of the single tone alerts, even when they don't play as loud as they SHOULD.

I have a feeling there will be a fix soon enough though.

JokeZony0u 09-14-2009 08:51 PM

I'm really hating that it goes from quiet to loud...its rather a big problem for me because aside from the calls (because it lasts for awhile), I miss most of my other notifications because it's so dam quiet. (I thought the speaker system was top notch on this thing!!!!)

Is there ANY fix to this at all?

rogerp 09-14-2009 09:05 PM

i noticed when i disabled voice command it stopped doing this to me not sure if it was a luck or what but with it disabled my phone does not do the loud toquiet thing you all have trouble with

JokeZony0u 09-14-2009 09:09 PM

Wow, psychological? I don't know. I went ahead and disabled VC and it does seem to solve the problem. Will report again in an hr or so to see if it really did fix

UPDATE: Apparently it goes on and off..I guess it worked somewhat but not entirely. At times, sounds would play at full volume immediately but not always

w7excursion 09-15-2009 06:03 PM

Some of my ringers play at low volumes and some higher but they dont sound like the volume is all the way up. I can play them in WMP and they are loud. I didnt notice at first cause I didnt change the ringers/alerts. Annoying

Edit:I have a music ringer I made set for incoming calls and the volume is very low. I used the same ringer and set it for new texts and it sounds like it should,loud.

dallastx 09-15-2009 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rogerp (Post 1165562)
i noticed when i disabled voice command it stopped doing this to me not sure if it was a luck or what but with it disabled my phone does not do the loud toquiet thing you all have trouble with

Glad you mentioned this. Keep me from having to...VC is causing this issue. Basically the volume lowers when the name is suppose to be announced. Seems as if VC is broken. As i enabled "announce calls with using bluetooth if available....I don't hear any name instead the low volume kicks in where name is suppose to play and then sound kicks back up for ringtone..Im not saying you have to use my method to repeat issue but yes VC is definitely broken.

horndoctor 09-15-2009 07:08 PM

Sounds like this should go in the defects thread.:(

meatgel 09-15-2009 07:08 PM

It happens on my phone as well, notifications and in Bubble Breaker, and I never use voice command. It may be part of it, but that isn't the fix. :(