PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: VZW TP2 Pics

Well that person was right about a release on the 27th.Lol
Old 08-27-2009, 01:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

Cranemachine is just getting started
Send a message via MSN to Cranemachine Send a message via Skype™ to Cranemachine

Well I just called VZW and the lady was really nice and was trying to dig for information all over and didnt see anything about the TP2. Her "Coming Soon" list only went up to Sept. 8th and it wasnt on the list.

There is NO way VZW is just keeping it on the DL this well. I think it will be after Sept. 8th before we ever see this phone. I want it JUST as bad as all you guys! I told her that VZW needs a "Coming Soon" category on their website so the consumer knows what is in the near future.

All I want to know is a date...is that too much to ask? Obviously it is!

it is a sad, sad day
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Well I just sent an email through their site and I posted it below.

I am writing to voice my frustration at the timeliness of the release of new handsets. My re-new every two is coming up 7 Sept 09. I would like to use it on the Touch Pro 2. You have not released this handset nor do you have a date for such. T-Mobile has had it out for about a month and Sprint announced 8 Sept 09. I currently have a Sprint Touch Pro on your network as my Phone since you saw to it to take away a good portion of your Touch pro's memory. Now it looks like you are finally ready to release a complete Touch Pro 2 but there is no info on when. I don't want to but will probably purchase the Sprint Touch Pro 2 rather than waste my Re-new Every 2 on a phone I don't want. Please find away to fix this lag. My XV6800 was late releasing and I still had to wait for a patch to fix the alarm problem (it took 6 months) so I don't think the wait is because you are making sure it works correctly before releasing. The reason so many Sprint Touch Pro's are on your network is because we are having to do your job for you. Please Please fix this before you lose any more customers. A great Network doesn't fix crappy phones that are released late.

Signed
Old 08-27-2009, 01:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: THE BIG RED

skruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on repskruff77 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

this sucks i was so hoping that it would come out today. i might try and call to see if i can get any other info
Old 08-27-2009, 01:35 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This WMExperts article implies that Sprint & VZW are launching very close to one another:

http://www.wmexperts.com/sprint-veri...ular-goes-wm65
Old 08-27-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemachine View Post
Well I just called VZW and the lady was really nice and was trying to dig for information all over and didnt see anything about the TP2. Her "Coming Soon" list only went up to Sept. 8th and it wasnt on the list.

There is NO way VZW is just keeping it on the DL this well. I think it will be after Sept. 8th before we ever see this phone. I want it JUST as bad as all you guys! I told her that VZW needs a "Coming Soon" category on their website so the consumer knows what is in the near future.

it is a sad, sad day
Thanks for calling them. Its got to be between the 8th and mid-september though. Because 6.5 is out in octoberish and the phones have 6.1 on them now. I also think they won't be far behind sprint as they seem to be more interested in their release dates now.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: alltel

downkol is a n00b

Our VZ Business Rep was into today and she said the TP2 will be out in 2-3 weeks. She also said that she has no idea about the Omnia 2, which I am waiting for. Sad Day
Old 08-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranemachine View Post

it is a sad, sad day
I also called and got a similar response. The lady said I was definitely not the first person to ask about it. She gave me some cookie cutter answer about the CSR staff not knowing the release dates until the week of, or the week prior to the release. The way she answered made it sound like she'd vbeen given a script to memorize. Which sounds to me like they DO know, but they wanna keep their jobs...

She did tell me, however, that if you subscribe to their promotional offer email list, you may get an offer to be able to pre-order it...

Last edited by Kliptik; 08-27-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

ckeegan is keeping up the good workckeegan is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by downkol View Post
Our VZ Business Rep was into today and she said the TP2 will be out in 2-3 weeks. She also said that she has no idea about the Omnia 2, which I am waiting for. Sad Day
3 weeks would be cutting it pretty damn close for my trip, so just let her know to call whoever she needs to, and release it in 2 weeks. Just tell her ckeegan said so.

---

By the way, I did call this morning and talked to tech support for another issue, and of course I had to ask. He said, "I don't see any release information for upcoming devices." You could tell he had that line memorized.

Last edited by ckeegan; 08-27-2009 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Last year before the TP came out, I was able to get my hands on one and mess around with one, via one of my business contacts at Verizon. In fact WMExperts quoted me in an article they did about the performance of the then upcoming device. Anyway I was finally able to get in touch with him today and he confirmed that it was "coming soon" and that it would be "sometime in September". Not exactly solid evidence for many of you I realize, but this person is definitely someone I trust as being reliable.

Here's the article I'm talking about if anyone's interested: http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ve...ferent_an.html. Check under the section titled Performance.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2