PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2010, 10:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

jjperdomo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Please Help. I have an HTC TP2 with metropcs, like everyone else my internet is not working. I have read tons of pages and have tried everything but i still cant fix the problem. everytime i try to change the settings on my phone it always reverts to the defualt sprint settings, it wont even let me get to the wap settings. prior to this anytime i had a problem i would install a file called ryanmgal full metro and everthing would get fixed but it doesnt work anymore. please help i'm new at this and i don't know what else to do. Thanks in advace. JJPerdomo
Old 10-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP 2
Carrier: MetroPCS

jjperdomo is a n00b

Please Help. I have an HTC TP2 with metropcs, like everyone else my internet is not working. I have read tons of pages and have tried everything but i still cant fix the problem. everytime i try to change the settings on my phone it always reverts to the defualt sprint settings, it wont even let me get to the wap settings. prior to this anytime i had a problem i would install a file called ryanmgal full metro and everthing would get fixed but it doesnt work anymore. please help i'm new at this and i don't know what else to do. Thanks in advace. JJPerdomo
Old 12-05-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

raz1337 is becoming a great contributor

this is more hardware related. i have a multicolored blotch on my screen about a cm to an inch wide. i can only see it when the screen is black, but is there a way to remedy it?
T-Mobile Raleigh, NC, US
Old 12-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 6.12) Sprint:PPC6800 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile 6.0) Sprint:PPC6800)

That stain or oil spot as soom refer to it is a hardware defect in the screen. There is no fix other than to replace the screen or the device
Old 12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc 6900 > HTC TP2>Samsung Galaxy
Carrier: Metro PCS

pl0323 is keeping up the good workpl0323 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjperdomo View Post
I connections: (1)Manage existing connections, change to metro stuff.
(2)Edit Proxy server to metro connections
(3) Advanced: Select Networks, change both to the name you set up in connections.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Todo uso
Carrier: Movilnet

elherfi is a n00b

Holaa te cuento que he pasado archivos MP3 como tonos en la carpeta Windows y me han funcionado de maravilla sin necesidad de converirlos.......
Old 12-23-2010, 03:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elherfi View Post
Holaa te cuento que he pasado archivos MP3 como tonos en la carpeta Windows y me han funcionado de maravilla sin necesidad de converirlos.......
via google translate
Hi I tell you that I spent MP3 files as ringtones in the Windows folder and I have worked perfectly without Convera .......
Old 12-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

baehan is a n00b

is the tethering download on the first page not working anymore. i am having problems downloading the cab. i'm running win7 and using google chrome. clicking on the link does not work and right clicking "save link as" does not work either. please assist. thank you.
Old 12-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baehan View Post
is the tethering download on the first page not working anymore. i am having problems downloading the cab. i'm running win7 and using google chrome. clicking on the link does not work and right clicking "save link as" does not work either. please assist. thank you.
follow the link !
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1999947-post8.html
Old 12-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon Touch pro2
Carrier: verizon

bornskilled200 is a n00b

These are some tips/hacks that allowed me to make the fullest out of the device. These instructions were meant for someone who basically just came into this scene. Please thank this post if it helped you!

(also isnt there a way to make a new thread seeing as how the first post isnt updated, this thread is becoming more of a ask + answer)

(credits are done in this fashion (authors);(tools)

Hacks
#1 Wired Remote Control(MAJOR props to vijay555;VJWMPlayerControl,VJPoOF)
This is a tool to circumvent the troubles with the bluetooth stack and get wired remote control working! This is as far as i know only works with the regular (unknown name) click button.

Downloads
VJWMPlayerControl,VJPoOf

First download and install VJWMPlayerControl (if you want to control a different application, you need to find another program that controls that application). Download VJPoOf and here are *enhanced* instructions to get it working. This is all done with Total Commander.

Step 1: Drop the files Redial.exe and SDDialer.exe into your \windows\ folder.
They will overwrite the original HTC apps, but don't worry, just delete those two files to get the originals back. The originals are also in the .zip.

Step 2: Next, somewhere on your PDA, find the app you want to launch instead of the double tap or long hold on the headset.
Make a shortcut to that app (use gsfinder or similar on your PDA). Then, you must rename the shortcut VJRedial.lnk(Double Tap) or VJSDDialer.lnk(Long Hold)
as appropriate.

These are my 2 shortcuts
VJRedial.Ink
75#"\Program Files\vijay555\VJWMPlayerControl\VJWMPlayerControl .exe" playpause

VJSDDialer.Ink
70#"\Program Files\vijay555\VJWMPlayerControl\VJWMPlayerControl .exe" next

Step 3: Copy these two shortcuts into your \windows\ folder, and hey presto, customisable headset commands.

Optional Step 4: Not sure if this is needed but i went ahead and placed the VJSDDialer.exe VJRedial.exe in the \windows\ folder also.

(Have not tested the long hold yet)

2. Quickmenu Extension (allelimo;Startbutton,Registry)
People that are using the compact startmenu on the Energy Rom, you might have realized that if you press the title it freezes your device for a second or so. This program makes it so that when you press the title bar it will open up Quickmenu instead! To make it easier for me and you, i cabbed it up!

Tips
1. Rhodium Keyboard Controller tip (Do not remember);Total Commander
Location of the Rhodium Keyboard Controller settings
HKLM/Software/KeyboardConfig
Now you can export that "folder" and place it into your XDA_UC folder so you won't need to load the .xml file!

2. Registry Files (Many Authors,including myself);(Registry)
Reg files to make everyday flashing an easier experience.
Disable Menu Enchancement - disables HTC's annoying finger menu enhancement program
Disable Notification Enhancement - Disables HTC's notification bar enhancement
HTCKeepWifiOnWhenUnattended - I think the name speaks for itself but it keeps your wifi on when your phone goes on standby.

This is it for now but i will be posting more!

Last edited by bornskilled200; 12-30-2010 at 01:11 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2