PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2010, 10:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC PRO 2
Carrier: Movilnet

Cinderella17 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Hello there's any cab or some numbers to edit the registry to increase volume in my touch pro 2??? thanx
Old 04-26-2010, 04:10 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderella17 View Post
Hello there's any cab or some numbers to edit the registry to increase volume in my touch pro 2??? thanx
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=87622
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

bluefiddle21 is a n00b

First tme posting, so please forgive if this has been covered or is in the wrong place...

The most annoying feature of my Touch Pro2 (Verizon, WM 6.1) is that when I'm on a call my face activates the notifications screen. Is there a way to disable the upper notifications bar during calls?

Thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:00 PM
VIP Member

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefiddle21 View Post
First tme posting, so please forgive if this has been covered or is in the wrong place...

The most annoying feature of my Touch Pro2 (Verizon, WM 6.1) is that when I'm on a call my face activates the notifications screen. Is there a way to disable the upper notifications bar during calls?

Thanks.
the tp2 has a proximity sensor so that as soon as you bring the phone up to your face, it shuts off the screen. if that's not working, then you must of installed something to disable it.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:30 PM
Lurker

bluefiddle21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
the tp2 has a proximity sensor so that as soon as you bring the phone up to your face, it shuts off the screen. if that's not working, then you must of installed something to disable it.

Huh...

What could possibily do that? Where is the sensor located? Is there a way to tweak the sensitivity?

Again, thanks.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:31 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefiddle21 View Post
Huh...

What could possibily do that? Where is the sensor located? Is there a way to tweak the sensitivity?

Again, thanks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xakUmz1zwc
not sure. just google around and you'll probably find somethin
Old 04-27-2010, 01:07 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcurry View Post
Interestinng video! My phone doesn't do that and my cheek also activates the notificaiton area when I talk on the phone. Is the proximity sensor something that can be turned on and off? There is nothing about it in the Sprint TP2 User's Guide.
i have a verizon tp2 and mine behaves exactly like the video. all tp2's have the proximity sensor. I have read a few times that thick or mirrored screen protectors interfere with the sensor. if you do an advanced search in thread titles, you will find 14 threads on this subject.
Old 04-27-2010, 01:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

supasanch24 is keeping up the good worksupasanch24 is keeping up the good work

I'm sure this has been posted before, but after an hour of searching, I can't find the answer. I'm on Sprint's 6.5 and in Notifications for messaging, the "flash light for" is greyed out. Is there a cab or a registry edit to fix this? Thanks
Old 04-27-2010, 07:51 PM
Lurker

bluefiddle21 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorloves View Post
i have a verizon tp2 and mine behaves exactly like the video. all tp2's have the proximity sensor. I have read a few times that thick or mirrored screen protectors interfere with the sensor. if you do an advanced search in thread titles, you will find 14 threads on this subject.

Well... duh!

After extensive research I've discovered that my aluminum case is covering the sensor.

Time to get out the Dremel.
Old 04-28-2010, 03:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Windows Mobile 6.5

jeephed is just getting started
Re: Increase # of allowed Tabs in TP2 Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by CovKid66 View Post
Couldn't get this to work. The procedure seems to work okay, but when you relaunch Opera you still only have two tabs. I found the fix was to edit the Windows\Opera9\opera.ini file (pword works fine as an editor). Scroll down to the [User Prefs] section and locate the "Maximum Allowed Tabs=2" and change it to what ever number you prefer. You will need to soft reset for the change to take effect.
Hey, I would love to do this. I'm kind of new to this and I can't open the .ini file in Word. I can see the file in File manager but I can't edit it. What am I missing? Thanks for the help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2