PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 Tweaks, Hacks, Tips & Modifications

Since I haven't seen anyone else link to this in *this* thread:

Remap any key on the keyboard - including the call/windows/back/end call buttons. (From XDA)

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:19 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

I know some of you were looking for a way to get rid of the gray bars on the top & bottom of the today screen, This should be your solution...
Mighty Mikes & Lil Rico's original midnight blue theme, if you dont mind some cool blue highlights, as well as turning those grays bars black.!!
Attached Files
File Type: cab MightyMike & Lil Rico Midnight Blue.cab (774.4 KB, 253 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-10-2009, 01:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i posted this but got no answer and im not gonna bump my own thread... very simple question... i dont use TF, so i have the old start menu.... where the heck is the setting to turn off the enlarged start menu
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu\Enable = 0
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasma_Cannon View Post
i just got this phone on sprint, does any1 know how to make the phone go to the keypad instead of the home screen after and during a call. it just goes to the home screen.

thanks
This is a problem- see here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82944 - hopefully someone will figure it out- one solution is to set the lock screen timeout to 0 seconds- but then you have to be entering your pin all the time (except when on a call)
Old 09-10-2009, 02:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD2 (HTC Leo)
Carrier: T-Mobile

TRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuffTRUELIGHT knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to TRUELIGHT Send a message via MSN to TRUELIGHT Send a message via Yahoo to TRUELIGHT

Tip: Enable Auto-Complete on Touch Pro 2

This little trick (enabled traditionally under Settings --> Input) basically suggests words as you type. It serves two purposes when typing:

It makes typing long words quicker
Acts like default spell-check
I've been using it for years and for some reason, at least on the Sprint Touch Pro 2, they disabled this function. Grr. Thankfully monomer888 hit me up on Twitter and linked me to this XDA post which details how to re-enable it. Awesome.

Grab your favorite registry editor and peep after the break to make the two easy registry changes! Need a registry tutorial? Right here.

(Note: There is a slight change from the original post where the Sprint version is "ET9" instead of "XT9")

IMPORTANT: Be sure that

HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\XT9SupportMSSip has a value of 0

Simply change these two registry keys under:

HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\control\layouts\e001 0409

Ime File: \windows\et9ime.dll --> Ime File: \windows\compime.dll
Layout Text : ET9 IME --> Layout Text : COMP IME
Soft reset and you're done!

WMExperts: Posted on Wednesday, Sep 9, 2009 by Malatesta
http://www.wmexperts.com/tip-enable-...te-touch-pro-2
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...3&postcount=18

I Can Confirm It Works On Sprint Touch Pro2

Last edited by TRUELIGHT; 09-10-2009 at 03:00 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

heres a cab of that ^^^^
Attached Files
File Type: cab Classic Word Completion.cab (419 Bytes, 736 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 19 times.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro II

Tweak_four17 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacky05 View Post
hi im using s2u on my pro2 but wen its lucked and i opend my keyboeard it just frezes and as soon as i close it then i get the s2u anyone kns how 2 fix this?

by the way i new to all of these and would apresiate help and patients wit me thanks
Download S2U2 instead, gdt the VGA version, then under advanced setttings change your displace mode from direct draw to rawbuffer..works like a charm..

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82152
Old 09-10-2009, 05:39 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFAN20 View Post
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to get rid of that orange color in favor of say blue for the touchflo please? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Try this
Old 09-10-2009, 06:21 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFAN20 View Post
Thank you so much! Exactly what I was looking for!
Don't thank me thank CMYLXGO! More tweaks can be found here

Last edited by BRIVERS73; 09-10-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

purian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the communitypurian23 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebo View Post
this doesn't work fully. i installed this on my sprint tp2 and the home icon is still default and a couple others.
Try this transparent slider over top of it, it should work.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Transparant Slider.CAB (7.1 KB, 184 views) Click for barcode!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2