PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2009, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

zmm12345 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint touch pro 2 ebay price

I am looking to get a nice windows mobile phone on ebay to use on Sprint. From what I see you can get a touch pro on eBay brand new for as little as $200 without any contract.

I was wondering if I should wait a month for the touch pro 2. My question is does anyone have any idea (based on other phones) how much the touch pro 2 will go for on eBay without a plan once it comes out?

If it's another $100 then its worth it for me to wait and buy it though if it will cost more like $400-$500 then I will just got with the regular touch pro (I don' t think they are so different that I should spend double the amount.)
Old 08-04-2009, 06:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint touch pro 2 ebay price

My guess they would go at around 600$..if not more...look at the current ebay price of none sprint version and you can see..
________
NEW MEXICO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES

Last edited by gTen; 04-14-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zmm12345 is a n00b

1) the current price for an unlocked touch pro 2 on ebay is about $500 or so

2) These are more expensive because the lack of availability and the fact that they are unlocked. Once it is released by Sprint the price should come down for a locked version. My question is how much it will come down.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:09 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

I don't see it 500$ on ebay unless you mean the ones with Tmobile contract?

And unlocked are more available cause of it being out so long, that and dont have 3g...Sprint ones can only be obtained from sprint so the price would be equal if not higher.
________
Gs series

Old 08-04-2009, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

when the og TP dropped it was running for around $500 and up on ebay, i remember looking. So im guessing you would be paying an arm and a leg for it off ebay.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

zmm12345 is a n00b

Thanks guys

here is a link to an unlocked touch pro 2 that sold for $500

http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-Pro-2-...d=p3286.c0.m14
Old 08-04-2009, 07:45 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

That is pretty rare..and look:

Bidders:3 Bids:5 Time Ended:Aug-01-09 06:31:44 PDT Duration:1 day

He put up biddings for 1 day..not to mention user has only 5 with a feedback score of 0%

Don't expect to see these kind often, and even if you do see one like this..there is risk involved..

Plus..can you guess the demand of the TP2 for Sprint? we all hope Sprint itself would be bale to have enough supplies...
________
IPAD CASES

Old 08-05-2009, 02:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (soon I hope)
Carrier: Verizon
Location: Currently.....the worlds largest waterless beach....AKA Iraq :(

GCPDpaul is a n00b

Yes be VERY CAREFUL when you are buying from sellers with little or no feedback. It is a game of risk vs reward. Except sometimes you take ALL the risk, and they get ALL the reward. I would expect the initial supply on ebay to go for 500-700. There will be a limited supply and a very high demand. Once things settle down on Sprint, you will see the prices come down, but you will not see it for 300 for 8-12 months AFTER release on E-bay.

If HTC/Sprint release the new Sense UI HTC Hero, that will probably take some heat away from the TP2. It is really a business-centric phone, but there are plenty of people that will get it because of the messaging capabilities and the "always connected to everything" feature. If the Hero does a good software job, that will attract more of the "multimedia-centric" customers.

Only time will tell. I am waiting for mine too (on Verizon)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:25 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

espcially at night. i found a crap load of fake profiles on ebay when i was looking for a new ipod. id rather buy one here in the states or drive up somehwere to buy one.
i highly recommend the same thing
Old 08-05-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

racedog is keeping up the good workracedog is keeping up the good work

If you look at the one on ebay that sold for $490 you'll notice that it is a GSM version and would not be able to be used on Sprint. If you get carried away and buy the wrong version then you are going to be SOL. It clearly states that there are NO returns.

R

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
ebay, sprint, touch pro 2