PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Touch Pro 2 Reviews (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=77471)

BenC 08-26-2009 03:50 PM

Re: Touch Pro 2 Reviews

I for one will not miss the zoom feature - hate it with a passion.

CovKid66 08-26-2009 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenC (Post 1123271)
I for one will not miss the zoom feature - hate it with a passion.

Why? I honestly don't use it as much as I should...because I forget it's there...but when I do it works great. I use it in Opera the most, and occassionally in Messaging.

dallasjim 08-26-2009 05:46 PM

My biggest issue aside from the size is the lack of a center hardware button. I had no idea how often I use it to page down in adobe, regedit and other applications. I have no idea how to do these things on the TP2 (I test drove a T-Mobile for a week). WM 6.5 will help with select all, etc, but I still found the hardware difficult. Having said that, I'm am still going to sleep outside the Sprint store on Sept 8th :). I need rehab!!!

eman 08-27-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallasjim (Post 1123473)
Having said that, I'm am still going to sleep outside the Sprint store on Sept 8th :). I need rehab!!!

Will you be sleeping outside the store to make it more dramatic? Just make sure you bring your phone or computer while you are sleeping outside the store so you can place your order for your TP2.

BenC 08-27-2009 07:54 PM

Telestall for me.

bigdaddie 09-01-2009 09:48 AM

PCW review was not great.

Sprint Set to Unleash HTC Touch Pro2 Next Week
Ian Paul, PC World

Sep 1, 2009 4:55 am

Sprint says it will begin offering the HTC Touch Pro2 on September 8 for $350, after rebate and 2-year commitment. The Pro2 comes pre-loaded with Windows Mobile 6.1; Wi-Fi connectivity; a 3.6-inch touch screen with HTC's TouchFLO user interface; slide out QWERTY keyboard; dual microphones and speakers; and a 3.2 megapixel camera.

Sprint's version of the Pro2 is optimized to work on the carrier's EVDO 3G network and also sports CDMA and quad-band GSM connectivity - making it a truly international phone.

Sprint is the second U.S. carrier (T-Mobile was the first) to sell the successor to HTC's Fuze/Touch Pro.

By comparison, T-Mobile sells the HTC Touch Pro2 for the same price, with a $200 instant rebate and a two-year contract. Both carrier deals come with the usual caveat that to qualify for the reduced price you must be a new customer or a current customer eligible for a device upgrade.

On Sprint, the Pro2 will also have access to carrier-specific features such as Sprint TV, NFL Mobile Live and NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile. Sprint's data and calling plans that include these features typically start at $70.

But is the HTC Touch Pro2 worth it?

The $350 price tag is a pretty hefty, considering marquee devices like the myTouch 3G, iPhone 3G S and Palm Pre can all be picked up at the significantly cheaper price of $200 with a two-year contract. The Pro2 does have the advantage of working virtually anywhere around the world with CDMA and GSM capability, but then again both the iPhone and the myTouch 3G are also quad-band GSM phones.

Of these four phones, the Pro2 also ranked the lowest in PC World review scores. While the other three phones had overall scores between 87-89, the Pro2 fell short of that mark at 84. The major complaint with the Pro2 was system sluggishness when doing basic functions like opening apps or scrolling through contacts, but PC World reviewer Ginny Mies did give the device thumbs up for being "eye-catching, functional, and well constructed."

If you want to get your hands on Sprint's HTC Touch Pro2, you can buy the phone in retail stores, online and through Sprint's telesales line beginning next Tuesday. T-Mobile's version of the Pro2 is available now, and you can also find unlocked versions of the HTC Touch Pro 2 online for just under $800.

akareem27 09-03-2009 11:37 PM

How is the battery compared to the tp1?

CovKid66 09-04-2009 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akareem27 (Post 1139268)
How is the battery compared to the tp1?

Have a look through the threads on the main TP2 forum and you'll see several related to your question. One of them even had a vote going to compare to the TP1 e.g. much better, somewhat, same, worse, etc...

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=82272

ruskiyab 09-04-2009 10:58 PM

Here are my impressions so far:

The good:
-The TP2 is faster with a sprint stock rom than the TP was with any custom rom
-The screen is bad ***
-No keyboard lag
-The overall construction feels very solid

The bad:
-I miss an action button but I might reprogram the windows button to do that
-The reset button is under the battery cover
-Lack of unlocker (I'm itching for 6.5 and manila 2.5/2.6)

psklenar 09-05-2009 08:02 AM

I've read through this thread and don't see these two questions ...

1. How is the telephone audio quality, both on the TP2 end and what the person you're talking to hears?

2. How is the TP2 at getting and holding on to a cell tower signal?

Thank you,
pat----