PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 12:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball
Re: Just got the touch pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
the peeps with new tp2's, dont forget to add\change phone info.
Well said sir. I thank you
Old 08-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

dhallman is a n00b

I have had mine for 2 days now - found one at Waterloo Ontario Telus when they were released. I had a general computer network failure today and had to install a new wireless bridge. I did the whole job from the phone! Tested the wifi range and adjusted antennas, loaded config screens and tested the completed network. The screen is readable, the keyboard is easy to type on (though I miss the tab for moving between forms) and the phone loads quick enough that I was not looking for my laptop at all. And it fit in my pocket when I needed my hands! Great phone, and great laptop (or netbook) replacement. Moved to this from the touch pro (1) and it is much better (faster and readable). I have used iphone - but my phone is Touch Pro 2!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

PdaOd is a n00b

So far this sounds consistent with the experiences posted at xda-developers. I'm wondering how the battery life is on the CDMA version and if the radio cab works on it.

Last edited by PdaOd; 08-01-2009 at 11:31 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HP H3850-->HP hx2190-->HTC Touch Diamond-->HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus Mobility

banjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuffbanjoeball knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to banjoeball

Quote:
Originally Posted by PdaOd View Post
So far this sounds consistent with the experiences posted at xda-developers. I'm wondering how the battery life is on the CDMA version and if the radio cab works on it.
Not sure about the radio cab, but the batt life on the telus tp2 is astounding!

there's now an 'information' tab in the power settings that lets you see your battery life stats. Mine is currently at:

55% battery

standby time (since last charge): 15 hours
device usage: (since last charge) 2.25 hours (meh, working day)

that's a total of 17.25 hours on one charge with 55% remaining.

Absolutely blows my old diamond out of the water. (which used to die after 8 hours standby with moderate usage.)

...well done HTC, well done.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: LG Optimus 7 and Samsung Focus (unlocked)

jessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuffjessiethe3rd knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to jessiethe3rd

I picked mine up here at Best Buy in Langley, BC - this beast is smokin'... as soon people start seeing this thing in person they won't be saying, "I'm going to wait until a real upgrade..." This this is an upgrade - the screen is bloody brilliant. it is speedy, much more speedy than my TP. My wife flippin' dropped the darn thing and scraped the bezzle... I'm trying to figure out how I can take the thing back to the thing back for an exchange... argh... the lil nick is killing me. Anyone try to take something back to Best Buy with a nick on the device? ARGH!
Old 08-03-2009, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

keery458 is becoming a great contributor

well, since you just got it, say that it came out of the box like that.
Old 08-03-2009, 12:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

slopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regularslopokdave is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keery458 View Post
well, since you just got it, say that it came out of the box like that.
They normally activate it in-store, thus take it out of the box and see the unit prior to handing it over.

And it's not the retailer or Telus' fault that your wife dropped it, sorry, bad luck I know....
Old 08-03-2009, 12:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: xv6700 -> xv6800 -> xv6850(TP) -> TOUCH PRO 2!
Carrier: Verizon

ZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZuneNinja! is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiethe3rd View Post
I picked mine up here at Best Buy in Langley, BC - this beast is smokin'... as soon people start seeing this thing in person they won't be saying, "I'm going to wait until a real upgrade..." This this is an upgrade - the screen is bloody brilliant. it is speedy, much more speedy than my TP. My wife flippin' dropped the darn thing and scraped the bezzle... I'm trying to figure out how I can take the thing back to the thing back for an exchange... argh... the lil nick is killing me. Anyone try to take something back to Best Buy with a nick on the device? ARGH!
That really sucks, but I feel you pain. The very first day I got my Touch Pro, the battery cover had somehow unlatched itself while inside the case and fell out of my car while getting out of my car. And before I had realized what just happened, my foot had step on the battery cover and scratched it faced down on the pavement. I got the cover replaced though, thankfully it wasn't on the device itself.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2