PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 11:35 PM
CyanogenMod
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S IV
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

LilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation levelLilRico can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to LilRico Send a message via MSN to LilRico
Re: Telus Mobility Touch Pro 2 Pics

Many people asked, so I asked Mike if he could do a follow up review. This time talking more about battery life, so here you go:
A Week With My Touch Pro 2
Old 08-07-2009, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

how does this CDMA/GSM function work??? Does the phone switch to GSM when u pop a SIM in? or does it have somewhere where you can turn the SIM on or something??
Can someone clarify??
I love that feature of this phone, cant wait to exploit it.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Telus

Siq Mawsh is keeping up the good workSiq Mawsh is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilRico View Post
Many people asked, so I asked Mike if he could do a follow up review. This time talking more about battery life, so here you go:
A Week With My Touch Pro 2
Wow, I will have to get my hands on one of these just for the battery life. Way too stoked.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:47 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
how does this CDMA/GSM function work??? Does the phone switch to GSM when u pop a SIM in? or does it have somewhere where you can turn the SIM on or something??
Can someone clarify??
That what I need to know as well, I have the card in right now
Old 08-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

mrrogers1 is keeping up the good workmrrogers1 is keeping up the good work

From everything I have read you put the SIM card in, the phone senses this and enables more options in the comm manager. If you are in a place (non-USA/home country I guess) where you can use the service and the features are "unlocked", you can use the phone.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Here's a gift for you out there that are still waiting for theirs TP2

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/P1000412.jpg
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/j...n/P1000413.jpg
Old 08-09-2009, 09:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

leanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on repleanne is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I took my phone off the charger yesterday at 7am. I made about 30 mins of phone calls, tons of email - true push, 10-15 texts, bluetooth file transfer for about 20 minutes, lots of playing with stuff.

At 11am today when I took it out of my purse figuring the battery would be pretty much toast, I was surprised to see 55% battery left.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:07 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Why????????????
Why on earth do you have two of them when i dont even have one yet???????
Old 08-09-2009, 11:21 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockSta® View Post
Can someone clarify??
Phone comes with an International SIM card -hence the "World Phone" tag. I don't believe you can pop in a North American SIM card and have it 'pop' on a local GSM carrier's network. It's not unlocked for NA, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time This thread had some more info on this.

Last edited by CovKid66; 08-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work

Just picked a TP2 today. It's SO hard to get ahold of these things here in Ontario (still!). The manager of the Telus store I was in today (Yorkdale mall in Toronto) mentioned that as soon as stock arrives, it's already out the door. I convinced him to sell me the demo model.

Certainly a beautiful phone from the outside folks. And in terms of software - it might only be WM6.1, but it's about the best build I've used (or at least, TouchFlo really really helps make the O/S more user-friendly). Snappy too. Might be the same general hardware as the TouchPro, but it feels like a different phone! I read something about a huge PagePool that might be responsible for its performance, but whatever it is it just feels different.

The screen is unbelievable. Honestly. And sensitive! I've NEVER used a non-capacitive display that responds this well.

The keyboard is... wow. Finally, HTC got it right. Responsive and thumb-friendly.

No more d-pad... but in my opinion, HTC already ditched it on the TouchPro. That phone had an absolutely PATHETIC excuse for a d-pad. I was never able to succesfully navigate 'left' or 'right' without inadvertantly hitting the phone/back/home/end keys first. That was the stupidest design flaw I have ever witnessed. HTC should have just forgotton about it altogether. I'd rather have no d-pad than an unusable one...
(*rant ends*)

This model is a true evolution of the Touch series.

Only thing this thing needs is a MightyRom...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2