View Single Post
Old 08-09-2009, 11:49 PM
trevor_g
PPCGeeks Regular

trevor_g is keeping up the good worktrevor_g is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Telus Mobility Touch Pro 2 Pics

Just picked a TP2 today. It's SO hard to get ahold of these things here in Ontario (still!). The manager of the Telus store I was in today (Yorkdale mall in Toronto) mentioned that as soon as stock arrives, it's already out the door. I convinced him to sell me the demo model.

Certainly a beautiful phone from the outside folks. And in terms of software - it might only be WM6.1, but it's about the best build I've used (or at least, TouchFlo really really helps make the O/S more user-friendly). Snappy too. Might be the same general hardware as the TouchPro, but it feels like a different phone! I read something about a huge PagePool that might be responsible for its performance, but whatever it is it just feels different.

The screen is unbelievable. Honestly. And sensitive! I've NEVER used a non-capacitive display that responds this well.

The keyboard is... wow. Finally, HTC got it right. Responsive and thumb-friendly.

No more d-pad... but in my opinion, HTC already ditched it on the TouchPro. That phone had an absolutely PATHETIC excuse for a d-pad. I was never able to succesfully navigate 'left' or 'right' without inadvertantly hitting the phone/back/home/end keys first. That was the stupidest design flaw I have ever witnessed. HTC should have just forgotton about it altogether. I'd rather have no d-pad than an unusable one...
(*rant ends*)

This model is a true evolution of the Touch series.

Only thing this thing needs is a MightyRom...