PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Opera Mini 6.5?

I see Opera Mini 6.5 for J2ME is available for download. Does anyone know if that will work on the TP2? I love and only use OP 5.1... maybe someone can cab this up like we had it with 5.1
Old 11-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: New Opera Mini 6.5?

just downloaded and installed the .jar version (java) and it works well
Old 11-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
just downloaded and installed the .jar version (java) and it works well
what program are you using to run the .jar on the touch pro 2 ?
Old 11-04-2011, 04:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
what program are you using to run the .jar on the touch pro 2 ?
Esmertec Jbed and JavaFX are the only 2 decent ones.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work

i'm using the esmertec jbed to run it. posting this post using opera mini 6.5 on my tp2. nicw speedy little browser but i'll diable opera keyboard. i like my swype better.
Old 11-04-2011, 09:50 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
i'm using the esmertec jbed to run it. posting this post using opera mini 6.5 on my tp2. nicw speedy little browser but i'll diable opera keyboard. i like my swype better.
well it doesnt work at all , love esmertec though ! it runs and everything but when i try to visit a webpage esmertec asks if its ok to give Opera network permission i say yes until next session and then it goes to a white screen and thats all she wrote :/
Old 11-05-2011, 12:29 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

try using javafx, i did get that white screen with esmertec after i tried to open it again later on :S but javafx works without any problems

I think it might be the security thing asking for permission, you can set that better in javafx too

edit: and actually I think i like javafx even more now that i played with it for a few hours

edit: been playing with opera in javafx since posting this, it's been working well and not a problem yet, too bad I dont know how to create a shortcut so i don't have to access javafx to launch program... or how to make it "Default"

Last edited by EyeB; 11-05-2011 at 01:39 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 10:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: treo pro
Carrier: sprint

resinis is just getting started

ok so what am i missing here? how is this better then opera mobile 10?
Old 11-05-2011, 04:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw
Threadstarter

rbyham is becoming a great contributor

Opera Mini has always been quicker and better with memory resources in my experience than the fuller Opera Mobiles... something abotu how Mini uses Opera servers to compress...
Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Ugh... I don't know what happened lol but using opera mini my speed just shot up by a lot. I'm sure it was a fluke and all but it did repeat itself, so opera's servers must have cached it... but the point is that mini is a great browser since the work is done somewhere else

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/Internetexplorer.jpeg (Using IE)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/OperaMobile.jpeg (Speed with Opera Mobile with Turbo)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2093243/OperaMini.jpeg (I got no idea how this speed happened but it repeated a few times at this speed... I guess I'll be using Opera Mini from now on lol)

edit: for reference, I did this and got same speed (1176.471 Kbps with Opera Mini 5 so aside from the looks of opera mini 6.1, I'm not sure if running it in java is any better. But I set opera mini 5 as my default on phone and from speed test, looks like I'll be using it instead of opera mobile. Though on wifi I do get in the 1000 kbps range with opera mobile. I know old saying that use mini on 3G and mobile on wifi but i guess it still holds true

Last edited by EyeB; 11-06-2011 at 06:57 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2