PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Heh I said "most" I know a few out there will use their TP2 till it falls apart but most keep the device for the reasons I stated. Don't get me wrong I love my TP2, when it cooperates with me. At this point the android ports have me so hooked that without a doubt I would go with a native android for my next device.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-12-2011, 09:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

I was considering going Android, but I honestly think I just got bored with it. I used the Android port for like a year and a half, but lately got back on the Winmo side of things.

I'm due for an upgrade, but I don't think I'm going to use it just yet. I really need to get my hands on a WP7 device and play with it for a few days. Lately that's been looking better and better to me. I ought to switch to Tmobile so I can get an HD2 and have the best of all the OSes lol.

I'll stick with trusty ol Winmo for now though

Last edited by matchstickredgti; 12-12-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
I still use my.tp2 daily LOL.
It's just not active.

And I compleatly understand. I went with an EVO just cause I got attached to the the way everything looked in winmo.cause of HTC :b

Sent from my PG86100 using PPCGeeks
You can make any Android phone look similar to HTC sense or any other UI..

https://market.android.com/details?i...me.Sense&hl=en

Quote:
Originally Posted by matchstickredgti View Post
I was considering going Android, but I honestly think I just got bored with it. I used the Android port for like a year and a half, but lately got back on the Winmo side of things.

I'm due for an upgrade, but I don't think I'm going to use it just yet. I really need to get my hands on a WP7 device and play with, it for a few days. Lately that's been looking better and better to me. I ought to switch to Tmobile so I can get an HD2 and have the best of all the OSes lol.

I'll stick with trusty ol Winmo for now though
so you know, the difference between the TP2 Android port and actual top end device running Android is worlds apart...don't get me wrong a lot of great work has been done on the Android port, just that a processor that is 5x-10x more powerful makes a lot of difference...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-12-2011, 10:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I agree with you 100%, much better on a native device. I've played around on an E3D and a SGS2 and was very impressed.

I just have a hard time making up my mind and get bored easily lol. There's always some tweaking to be done in Windows Mobile though, which must be why I like it so much.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
I agree with you 100%, much better on a native device. I've played around on an E3D and a SGS2 and was very impressed.

I just have a hard time making up my mind and get bored easily lol. There's always some tweaking to be done in Windows Mobile though, which must be why I like it so much.
there is much tweaking for android as well , with rooting and all . I've recently gotten virtual box running Fedora (linux) so I can tinker with android programs . its pretty fun so far !

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 12-13-2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:14 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Edited for Content

Last edited by Tinkerbell; 12-13-2011 at 12:52 AM.
Old 12-12-2011, 11:48 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; Incredible 2 Build/GRI40; CyanogenMod-7) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Winmo was decent back in the day but android is where its at now.

Old 12-13-2011, 12:43 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:

Well I'll tell you this, Android is the king of tinkering, because the entire platform is open source. Even without rooting, you can probably load up a new UI every week if you wanted to and never run out lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
^^^ Sorry I couldn't resist!
Bad Tinkerbell bad! >.>
Old 12-13-2011, 12:51 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
^^^ Sorry I couldn't resist!
@Tinkerbell jaja abuse of power
Old 12-14-2011, 03:15 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Sprint/HTC_Touch_Pro2_T7380 Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Windows Mobile is only for smart people.

It's really the only Pocket PC giving the user the power and versatility of a PC but you can carry it in your pocket. It's not pretty out of the box but that can always be remedied.

It is as one XDA member put it "The Smart Person's Mobile OS." lol

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2