PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2011, 07:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who still loves WM ?

I just didnt like the tiles, they kind of remind me of phones from 15 years ago... large "icons" except they move now

I do like WM, or rather I like the manilia, don't need a "desktop" look with how android/ios is set up since I don't use all that many apps. Just need news app/weather/calendar/alarm and clock lol.

plus more than anything else, I just like my $30/month sero lol. I know virgin has android on for unlimited text/data for $35/month... but I just don't use my phone all that often. Aside from reading news and using it for quick calendar/alarm I still use my phone as a phone. The new "phones" seem to forgotten what a "phone" is and i just don't feel like they make calls are well, namely, it doesn't have TP2's speakerphone feature. I know android phones can get this with apps, but phones aren't designed for calling it seems now.
Old 10-29-2011, 07:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeb View Post
I just didnt like the tiles, they kind of remind me of phones from 15 years ago... large "icons" except they move now

I do like WM, or rather I like the manilia, don't need a "desktop" look with how android/ios is set up since I don't use all that many apps. Just need news app/weather/calendar/alarm and clock lol.

plus more than anything else, I just like my $30/month sero lol. I know virgin has android on for unlimited text/data for $35/month... but I just don't use my phone all that often. Aside from reading news and using it for quick calendar/alarm I still use my phone as a phone. The new "phones" seem to forgotten what a "phone" is and i just don't feel like they make calls are well, namely, it doesn't have TP2's speakerphone feature. I know android phones can get this with apps, but phones aren't designed for calling it seems now.
Well its kinda where we are heading, once we have full LTE coverage all voice will be handled by VOIP. Right now all those phone services provided by phone companies are already VOIP. And there have been advancements in phone features as well, I remember there is a new motorola phone that has 3 mics for better noise cancellation for example.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
amen . they simply do amazing work ! our hardware on the tp2 just sucks lol
Dude seriously? The TP2 was never designed to run android and please don't smile in the face of the devs only to stab them in the back, I seriously doubt ACL or highlandsun would find the comments by you and biga humorous.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:44 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: gsm

schumifer is a n00b

Still on this phone and loving it.
Does practically everything i need, i use 5-6 programs for my work almost everyday, i have set and customized it in a way that anything else seems unusable to me.
Its keyboard will never be surpassed judging from current "pro" versions...
Don't need the devs, since they already did everything there was to be done for this phone. Using a 6.5 version, with not much eye candy but enough still!
I don't get all the fuss about screen resolution and colors. I feel fine with mine. It's a phone ...wtf?
Got 2 batteries for a full usage of 5 days , a silicone 2-part case that protects it (i got proof!!!) and a screen protector (changes whenever necessary, 10 or so more are waiting patiently their turn to humbly serve !).
Got the video-out cable (still sealed in its original bag-darned useless purchase, but it was cheap!).
And we are having our 2-year anniversary next month...

And yes, i am not stupid. I too would wish for a processor with ..."balls" and a camera that is less much of a joke...but it comes with the package. And this package is a keeper

PS. Will not go to WP7 or iOS . Android is the only way to go for me, if and when i decide to
Old 10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint/boost

biga1 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Dude seriously? The TP2 was never designed to run android and please don't smile in the face of the devs only to stab them in the back, I seriously doubt ACL or highlandsun would find the comments by you and biga humorous.

My point exactly. Thanks for re-confirming what the devs and forums have stated-TP2 was never designed to run android... Nothing funny about the truth. What's funny are the users who insist on running Angry Birds on TP2.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
because u don't understand the tiles

Sent from my T7575 using Board Express
I understand the tiles just fine. Still don't like them.
You bash anyone that says anything against MS. If you dont like what is being said here, go somewhere else!
Grow up!

Last edited by mastergadgets; 10-31-2011 at 09:44 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastergadgets View Post
I understand the tiles just fine. Still don't like them.
You bash anyone that says anything against MS. If you dont like what is being said here, go somewhere else!
Grow up!
@mastergadgets I wasn't bashing u I just said that u may be among one of the many on this site who expressed negative opinions towards WP in one of the first front page articles about it. Half of them who had such an opinion ended up liking it after trying it. Wish I could pull up that article but they know who they are. I think @Aleki was one of them.
Old 10-31-2011, 02:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by biga1 View Post
My point exactly. Thanks for re-confirming what the devs and forums have stated-TP2 was never designed to run android... Nothing funny about the truth. What's funny are the users who insist on running Angry Birds on TP2.
What's wrong with trying to play angry birds? Yes its choppy as hell and pretty much unplayable on the TP2, but why does that bother you?
I cannot wait until OMGB is fully functional (if it happens) so we'll get less comments on " Waaaa this doesn't work or boohoo my data.img is corrupt". Just save your comments on the builds if you don't like them.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
What's wrong with trying to play angry birds? Yes its choppy as hell and pretty much unplayable on the TP2, but why does that bother you?
I cannot wait until OMGB is fully functional (if it happens) so we'll get less comments on " Waaaa this doesn't work or boohoo my data.img is corrupt". Just save your comments on the builds if you don't like them.
If you turn the background off it runs alot smoother.

and to eric, Ive tried it out every time I go to the sprint store, but I just like the tiles.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2011, 07:13 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aedon View Post
If you turn the background off it runs alot smoother.

and to eric, Ive tried it out every time I go to the sprint store, but I just don't like the tiles.
lol fixed..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2