PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 07:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Sgt.Kickass is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Who Still Loves Their TP2?

Have had my TP2 for exactly 2 yrs. Contract is up and was looking to move on but couldn't find anything I liked.It seems like every phone is missing something. I've been browsing all the forums on this site and XDA to see what people have come up with. It wasn't till I came across this thread and COMPLETELY forgot to overclock my processor. I've done everything to this phone except for that. Anyways did a hard reset re built my phone (didn't have to but I haven't done it in year) and overclocked this bad boy to 787.2 MHZ...better than new...if I stop dropping it she might last me another year. Anyone know if they still have TP2s to replace?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
You may want to take better care of your TP2 unless you plan on fixing anything that breaks yourself.
DaveTN posted his horror story with refurbished Sprint tp2's, pretty scary stuff.
Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 10-08-2011, 01:43 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sanyo mm6800,htc vogue, htc diamond, T-PRO2
Carrier: sprint pcs

taco8717 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to taco8717 Send a message via Yahoo to taco8717

first off, i want to say that i appreciate the concept of getting the people who dont post much...a reason to. especially because everyone should love the tp2...ive never had a phone quite like it. i did however buy a touch vogue in '07. i loved it...it was already pretty old by then but for me the touchflo cube was awesome...loved the handwriting sip and it was just like a windows pc. after losing several and breaking several more, sprint asked me if i wanted to try the diamond...i wasnt sure about it mostly because of the lack of an sd slot and bulkiness but it grew on me...then i learned how to flash and i was hooked...(i gotta add that i was a bit sore that i had no video out capabilities but the fm radio made up for most of it)...after breaking and losing several of those sprint asked me if i wanted to try the tp2 and i was like durrrrrrr...since then ive lost and broken so many tp2 ive lost count but i have yet to find a phone to match its overall performance...has most of the awesome features of old as well as the pretty exclusive tilt, camera is not perfect but pretty decent if u get the hang of it, keyboard...tethering is essential to me now...i even dropped it off a the third floor of my apartment...a lil teeny screw fell out, no idea where it came from exactly but other than that it was fine...skyfire can lick my left...nostril...but uzard stepped up for us...use this lil program called wifilocations to map out where the wifi is coming from and i can watch full streaming movies on device or tethering...can the iphone do that? for free? and no hassle?...wat i love most about my tp2 and the end to my novel is that if ever i have a problem, issue, complaint, want an app, need a tweak, find a bug ect. theres ALWAYS a solution...a flash or hack or tweak or program and watever have you to make our devices run at its peak performance...and if there really isnt ANYTHING else one of the talented souls on these forums or even my-un talented-self can probably make one up outta thin air...goodluck holding your breath for the next update OR upgrade if u have a problem w/ your silly iphone/android (android SLIGHTLY less but still)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:00 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by taco8717
first off, i want to say that i appreciate the concept of getting the people who dont post much...a reason to. especially because everyone should love the tp2...ive never had a phone quite like it. i did however buy a touch vogue in '07. i loved it...it was already pretty old by then but for me the touchflo cube was awesome...loved the handwriting sip and it was just like a windows pc. after losing several and breaking several more, sprint asked me if i wanted to try the diamond...i wasnt sure about it mostly because of the lack of an sd slot and bulkiness but it grew on me...then i learned how to flash and i was hooked...(i gotta add that i was a bit sore that i had no video out capabilities but the fm radio made up for most of it)...after breaking and losing several of those sprint asked me if i wanted to try the tp2 and i was like durrrrrrr...since then ive lost and broken so many tp2 ive lost count but i have yet to find a phone to match its overall performance...has most of the awesome features of old as well as the pretty exclusive tilt, camera is not perfect but pretty decent if u get the hang of it, keyboard...tethering is essential to me now...i even dropped it off a the third floor of my apartment...a lil teeny screw fell out, no idea where it came from exactly but other than that it was fine...skyfire can lick my left...nostril...but uzard stepped up for us...use this lil program called wifilocations to map out where the wifi is coming from and i can watch full streaming movies on device or tethering...can the iphone do that? for free? and no hassle?...wat i love most about my tp2 and the end to my novel is that if ever i have a problem, issue, complaint, want an app, need a tweak, find a bug ect. theres ALWAYS a solution...a flash or hack or tweak or program and watever have you to make our devices run at its peak performance...and if there really isnt ANYTHING else one of the talented souls on these forums or even my-un talented-self can probably make one up outta thin air...goodluck holding your breath for the next update OR upgrade if u have a problem w/ your silly iphone/android (android SLIGHTLY less but still)
Great post!!

You're story is very similar to mine except I only had 1 vouge, 2 diamonds and still using the first tp2 I bought.

Hmm...I don't have that wifi locations app. If you have a link I would be grateful.
Old 10-08-2011, 02:06 AM
I BLEED GREEN!!
Pocket PC: treo 700wx>mogul>touchpro>touchpro2>Evo 3D

lnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the communitylnando84 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to lnando84

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

--snip--

--snip--

Hmm...I don't have that wifi locations app. If you have a link I would be grateful.
You can get it from here bro.. [26.11.2008] WifiLocations v0.6 - Location based Wifi/BT/Ringer/user app's (de)activa - xda-developers

Donations accepted not expected!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:30 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84
Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post

--snip--

--snip--

You can get it from here bro.. [26.11.2008] WifiLocations v0.6 - Location based Wifi/BT/Ringer/user app's (de)activa - xda-developers
Cool! Thanks man!!
Old 10-10-2011, 06:06 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

how the heck are you guys overclocked to 787 mhz !?!? I'm so jealous -.- in the 10 tp2s I've had my max without freezing was 748 .
Old 10-10-2011, 06:20 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
how the heck are you guys overclocked to 787 mhz !?!? I'm so jealous -.- in the 10 tp2s I've had my max without freezing was 748 .
I actually had mine at 787 for a bit and it was normally working ok but I found some instability when using certain apps like Pandora so I stepped it down a bit.
Old 10-10-2011, 07:33 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

I guess it just depends... mine does not like anything over 700!

Old 10-10-2011, 11:51 PM
Super genious in training

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
I guess it just depends... mine does not like anything over 700!
ha ! good !!!!!!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2