PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pc2
Carrier: pc2

huangclose@gmail.com is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Disable Proximity Sensor when bluetooth is on

DELETED

Last edited by huangclose@gmail.com; 12-19-2020 at 05:34 AM. Reason: Clarifying the problem
Old 08-30-2011, 10:45 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Disable Proximity Sensor when bluetooth is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangclose[MENTION=227667
gmail.com;2141597]My first post. I have been looking for the solution for several hours desperately, but no good luck.

How to Disable Proximity Sensor when Bluetooth is on?
Proximity sensor will turn the screen off when the phone is close to my ear, which is perfectly fine.
However, the screen will be turned on again when move the phone away from the ear to my pocket, which is annoying.

Or do we have a cab works on TP2 similar to following cab on HD2?
Proximity Sensor for Screen Off v0.2
[APP] Proximity Sensor for Screen Off v0.2 - xda-developers

Thanks a lot!
that app works on the TP2 , however are you wanting the sensor to turn the screen off while its in your pocket ? that will happen already once the sensor detects a threshold of 0 lumens .
Old 08-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

When you take your phone away from your ear push the power button to turn the screen off and then put it in your pocket.
You could also use a screen locker like s2u2 that you can configure to lock during calls so if your screen happens to turn back on nothing can be accedentally activated.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Re: Disable Proximity Sensor when bluetooth is on

Quote:
Originally Posted by huangclose[MENTION=227667
gmail.com;2141607]Thanks. I tried that app. The screen will still be turned on if I move the phone away from the ear. Maybe I misunderstood the use of the app? I really appreciate if the screen could stay off when I move the phone away from the ear.

I agree that the screen will be turned off once the phone is COMPLETELY in my pocket. But when only half of the phone is in my pocket, the screen will be on. Thus some buttons maybe accidentally touched when I slide the phone into my pocket.
ahh i understand your concern !

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

When you take your phone away from your ear push the power button to turn the screen off and then put it in your pocket.
You could also use a screen locker like s2u2 that you can configure to lock during calls so if your screen happens to turn back on nothing can be accedentally activated.
i updated my "screen off while locked" script to do this using the stock lock screen . maybe i should up load the new cab ?
Old 08-30-2011, 07:02 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

S2U2 can slow things down if you are running a setup that uses a lot of memory like Sense 2.5. To disable the screen off and lock you have to either turn s2u2 off or include youtube in the list of exceptions which you access through the s2u2 settings utility.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:35 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

An easy solution would be to use a pouch/case for your device and then put it in your pocket or clip it on your belt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2