PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2011, 07:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

spawn11587 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need Suggestion: Make Touch Pro 2 act as Router and nothing else?

Thank you everybody for all of your responses. I have one more question, as far as unlocking the touch pro 2 and installing a new ROM onto it...does the Touch Pro 2 have to be physically in the United States to do it (meaning does it have to be near a Tower to recieve Sprints signal immediatly after the Rom install takes place) or can I be somewhere FAR FAR FAR away from a Sprint Towel (or even more so have GSM card installed and running the TP2 on a GSM tower? I was thinking of doing the ROM install on my flight home from my vacation. Sorta kill two birds with one stone.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn11587 View Post
Thank you everybody for all of your responses. I have one more question, as far as unlocking the touch pro 2 and installing a new ROM onto it...does the Touch Pro 2 have to be physically in the United States to do it (meaning does it have to be near a Tower to recieve Sprints signal immediatly after the Rom install takes place) or can I be somewhere FAR FAR FAR away from a Sprint Towel (or even more so have GSM card installed and running the TP2 on a GSM tower? I was thinking of doing the ROM install on my flight home from my vacation. Sorta kill two birds with one stone.
never heard of that case,im pretty sure that location doesn't matter, just make sure that airplane mode will be enabled cuz if it isn't. there May be disastrous results
Old 08-01-2011, 07:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: PPC6850
Threadstarter

spawn11587 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Yea I rememebr that scene from SOUL PLANE, stuff was scary haha. But yea itll;be ona airplane mode, I could even do it in the airport while waiting.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I believe you can't unlock it without some sort of signal. During the unlock the software checks online for updates and previous unlockings of touchpro2s and if it can't it will probably error out.
Old 08-02-2011, 03:50 AM
mariano3113

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Pertaining to unlocking you at least need a wifi connection on the computer doing the unlock from my experience, but not active Sprint Service.

For the question about using two lines with one number to have an active DATA line at all times....The cloning problem was already addressed. But the ddtm is a very great suggestion. (If you can get Sprint to give yout the service (NO talk) for $20 something a month basically it is unlimited text and data only. And would suit your needs perfectly.) Better use than a mifi and it can be used a spare battery charger

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2