PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: vodafone

stevewagner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Strange Problem with Touch Pro 2

Hello Fellow Geeks

Since a day or so, I have started to get this annoying problem with my HTC touch pro 2.. Its a stock ROM, Sprint version..

What happens is, Phone works perfectly fine in normal vertical mode.

However, just as soon as I pull the keyboard out, the top panel stops working completely.. i.e the charging light, touch screen, buttons under the screen, and even the power button..

However, what I do with the buttons or panel or on touch screen, everything works in the background, but the front top panel hangs and do not responds to anything.

When I slide Keyboard back in, everything that was during the time now reflects on the screen and phone works normally again in the vertical mode.

Also, Slight downward movement of the slider, again enables the screen and controls and buttons, but due to spring action of lid, cant hold on to it and work..

Is there any button or contact that has gone bad in the slider mechnism that keeps the controls electrical circuit active?

Not really sure what has happened..Seems to me as a hardware problem..tried soft reset 10 times, didnt work..Even when the phone is switiched off, the power on button does nothing if the slider is out..once closed, and button pressed, the phone turns back on..

I am really worried.. Please help out with the possible problems and their workarounds if any.. I can try some DIY tips as well..

Please giude..

Thanks
Old 07-06-2011, 02:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: E4GT, Touch Pro 2, Evo, Blackberry 9330
Carrier: Sprint

matchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmatchstickredgti is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: Strange Problem with Touch Pro 2

It does sound like a hardware issue, you should take it to a Sprint store and they will send you another.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Re: Strange Problem with Touch Pro 2

+1 on hardwear..

Just like the other guy here ses, just take it in to the sprint store.

I had an issue with my phone, the battery drained one day to the point that it would no longer hold charge.
It would boot loop because it had zero charge and upon plug would charge for 2 seconds, then turn itself on, and die becasue it didnt have enough power to keep start up enough to keep charging.

I went to a sprint store and told them that my battery stoped charging and they took my phone to the back room and brought it back a few minutes later with a new battery.

They didnt charge me for it either. I got my phone off ebay and had a custom rom on it so I in no way had a warenty on my phone.

Either way, best bet is to take it to the store and have them swap it out.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:55 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

If you hard reset/clear storage and your issue persists then you have a hardware issue. It sounds like the ribbon cable to me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro 2, htc touch pro 2 problem