PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2011, 01:43 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

quickgps didn't help.

I use a mortscript to pull down the latest for quickgps every seven days.

Am trying the google latitude route with iptweather now.

Will report back the results.

EDIT: Trying google latitude again to see if I get better results this time.

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 06-18-2011, 03:36 PM
Almost a VIP

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

still no luck with Google Latitude.....My Location from IPT does not support CDMA so guess its just favorite cities for now.

Will see about working on correcting this or building another method for getting the lat long to the registry keys (which is what IPTWeather is needing to do the AccuWeather lookup).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-19-2011, 10:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Just curious about a couple of things... (1) why since using IPT do I have to respond to a notification in order to actually send an MMS? and (2) how do I get the clock icon to give me regular rather than military time? Otherwise thanks for what has worked really well for me...
Old 06-20-2011, 07:02 AM
Almost a VIP

@rbyham:
1. not sure why you are having to respond to the notification to send. I think this is done via settings but I cannot find where it is at. I am on Verizon and not having to respond to send the MMS.
2. Go to 3rd page and click on Options (or tap and hold on a blank area on IPT and select Options). Go to the Special Icons tab. select Type Clock. Check the box for 12 hours format. Hit Ok and Yes to save changes.
By default, this is unchecked.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 AM
Almost a VIP

Update on My Location/Google Latitude:
Still cannot get either to populate the Lat Long registry keys for AccuWeather location lookup.
I have a mortscript I am testing this week that does 2 things:
1. Open up a GPS Tool (hidden window) to open up the GPS port
2. Run a command line Lat Long statement to update the lat long in IPTWeather registry values. This right now is code for every 2 hours.

Once I run it for a week and verify it works as well as I hope, will change the update frequency to a user configurable value.

Still liking the IPTWeather for the quick glance at current weather and 5 day forecast (Both am and pm forecasts).
Old 06-20-2011, 09:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: i760
Carrier: vzw

rbyham is becoming a great contributor

PPCFreak thanks. Got the clock fixed. Will check out the MMS thing. I too am on vzw... strange. must be a setting somewhere.
Old 06-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Almost a VIP

One thing to add to the mix on the maximum ram savings. Make sure you set the phone canvas to NOT use the HTCPhonecanvas dll file. HUGE savings when doing this.

Registry value found here:
HKLM\Security\Phone\Skin\
Key: Enabled
Value: 0
(originally set to 1).
Saves me about 15mb.

This does put you back to the Stock WM6.5 style Dialer which is very plain jane but if its really RAM your looking for, this is a must.
One bug right now is with the background image with the smartdialer (I belive this is the where the issue is).
Since the background image is all white and the text is all white, you cannot see the numbers come up as you start dialing. The values do pull up cause if you start dialing, then click in that 'smart dialer' area you will get the first contact that it is filtering for.

Will play around with the image back ground (believe it is stored in the registry settings) to get a grey colored back ground so the white text shows up.
Old 06-21-2011, 04:06 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

re. phone dialer... RIGHT YOU ARE!
From the 1st post:

Just for fun, I'd like to see someone post one with more! (and a few other tiny tricks, post if you want them)
*edit* Look at this post... #12 (& you can beat 150MB!

So there you go, challenge issued.. you've been flashing a bunch lately, post us up a ROM WITH the stock dialer, I would LOVE to see a screen shot of 160MB!! :>))

Also, on the last page I still see 1/2 a page of weather icons in your how to short version... (thanks btw). Where exactly is that 1/2 page of weather icons on IPT? Would that be in Screen 1, 2 or 3?

I don't want them at all... only the temp one.
Old 06-21-2011, 07:35 PM
Almost a VIP

Half page of weather icons only shows up if you edit the icon click event to run the Accuweather mortscript. Running that then changes the icons and text for the 10 icons to the weather icon and the text to the forecasted temps for the day.
Then you click on the first icon again and it basically restores your previous icons.

if you only one that 1 icon (current weather), don't update the icon for when you click it.

Doing this would then leave the icon 0 (first Icon if using the default install) as the icon with current weather (again, have to have the text displayed for each Icon.

It will then do nothing on click....or you could link it to Accuweather.com website?

Last edited by PPCFreak; 06-21-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-03-2011, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

blunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regularblunij is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Hey Teradog! Have you updated to 29022? Have you tried Pagepool of 8-12? Any comments?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2