PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143303)

chuggy 06-05-2011 11:58 PM

Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Anyone know why the Album program wont let you access any other folders except camera shots? for whatever reason it will not allow me to change to other folders. I'm on energy May18th titanium rom.

speedyd718 06-06-2011 11:34 AM

teradog - i can't seem to replace those two shell files in the /windows folder. i downloaded them and placed them on my sd card. when i try to copy and paste either file using file explorer, i get an error message saying i can't copy over the file.

teradog 06-06-2011 01:41 PM

Hey gang..

Yea, the only thing I miss is the weather! But, my main top row icon is weatherbug, setup with only one location... mine. 1 click, done. if u haven't tried it yet,.. free & awesome.

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyd718 (Post 2111935)
teradog - i can't seem to replace those two shell files in the /windows folder. i downloaded them and placed them on my sd card. when i try to copy and paste either file using file explorer, i get an error message saying i can't copy over the file.

1st, someone said they can't even DL anymore.. if you did, great.. easy to make ur own also.

2nd, did you read what I did to make it work? Copy from SD to main memory (example \ root of main memory, and reboot & then copied to \windows. I went round & round with mwalt on this.. I wish I had an absolute for you... tried the SD certs cabs, etc.. but what I just said was what worked for me...

good point... ** note: you have to check the dates to ensure they copied after a reboot!

COUPLE OTHER POINTS
re. There is always this: [MortScript] IPTWeather_20110511 AccuWeather, My Location/Latitude, iPhoneToday/S2U2 - xda-developers

lol... yea was on that for a bit, I just wanted one number.. the temp, started to remind me of cookie..! bulk 20 icons filling the screen, etc.. just too much for me.. simple, simple, 1 click to everything, no sliding bars & crap...

Chuggy don't use album, only total commander for all file & registry work myself. I set it up with: show, view, virtualy 2 window mode. > always keep on SD & < always on internal root \

ALSO (speedyd178) PAGE POOL
re. page pool, don't forget read 1st post & original DP thread... pp of 0 (zero) actually uses TONS more RAM, but the system fly's! if you set a pp of 8, 10 or 12 you should be fine... 10 will use about 10 mB & zero will use almost 30! Setting to zero is not zero, it turns on dynamic allocation & use determined by the system (suppose to give back extra). I use it but each time swear I'm going to flash 10 the next :>))

(because I think Windows still eventually robs you of RAM & doesn't give it back like it should... I've written before about historical issues with Windows & RAM)

blunij 06-06-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2111993)
Hey gang..

Yea, the only thing I miss is the weather! But, my main top row icon is weatherbug, setup with only one location... mine. 1 click, done. if u haven't tried it yet,.. free & awesome.

Which exact Weatherbug app did you use? There seems to be Weatherbug Direct, Weatherbug Plugin and Weatherbug Elite. Putting new Titanium on my TP2 in a few minutes. Going to try PP 0 as well.

speedyd718 06-06-2011 07:47 PM

thanks for the reply teradog for answering. this setup (which i'm assuming is more stable than cht2.0) may be able to hold me off the darkside longer. i'm a really light user by most standards so i'll keep the 0 pp for now and see how it goes. the os as a whole is a lot snappier. the glitz and glam is nice but the tp2 just doesn't have the hardware to back it. thanks again.

chuggy 06-07-2011 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2111993)
Chuggy don't use album, only total commander for all file & registry work myself. I set it up with: show, view, virtualy 2 window mode. > always keep on SD & < always on internal root \

Not sure if we're on the same page. I use album a lot to view pictures and send them via email. I dont know that i can do that with total commander. On most other roms i can go to album, and change the folders. On energy titanium it seems i can only access my camera shots folder.

teradog 06-07-2011 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2112158)
Which exact Weatherbug app did you use? There seems to be Weatherbug Direct, Weatherbug Plugin and Weatherbug Elite. Putting new Titanium on my TP2 in a few minutes. Going to try PP 0 as well.

Weather for Windows Mobile Smartphones - WeatherBug
I never paid for it, it's free... should still be in market place, although I don't think i dl'd from there though, but try it. In the app, help about gives me Version: 2.1.0.48. "WeatherBug, a brand of AWS Convergence Tech..."

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedyd718 (Post 2112207)
thanks for the reply teradog for answering. this setup (which i'm assuming is more stable than cht2.0) may be able to hold me off the darkside longer. i'm a really light user by most standards so i'll keep the 0 pp for now and see how it goes. the os as a whole is a lot snappier. the glitz and glam is nice but the tp2 just doesn't have the hardware to back it. thanks again.

I won't go Droid, I figured it'll cost me over $1000 a year more than what I have right now & only would be getting around 1.5 MB / sec more with 4 G... (I've got it down so I can get around 2.8 with 3G.. (use field trial, to locate best -db where you live) I've done a bunch of writing on this... read here for more:
Sprint TP2, 3G new fees, forced new plans, no grandfather, no upgrade path

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2112335)
Not sure if we're on the same page. I use album a lot to view pictures and send them via email. I dont know that i can do that with total commander. On most other roms i can go to album, and change the folders. On energy titanium it seems i can only access my camera shots folder.

sorry, i blew through this.. dunno.. Here's how I do it. Go into camera which I have on my main screen, hit the bottom right box with the left arrow on the left side of it, hit the far right icon (bunch of pics together icon), brings up all pics "Camera Shots"..

I never do much more than that... however it does have a "Albums" bottom left softkey you can hit... And in Menu (bottom right softkey) you can "Set Album as Favorite"..

OK GOT IT NOW... I never use it because I've got a thousand pics & it's too slow.. yes, I need to off load them :>)) I just figured it was my overloaded SD

I see what you mean... we need to go into the Energy ROM wiki & write it on his website. the wiki is in red on my sig... I'll do it you do it also, the more the better... post in bugs, you don't need an account to post

blunij 06-08-2011 07:52 PM

When flashing a new ROM, what do I need to backup to save icon placement and settings in IPT? I read in IPhone Today on XDA to backup icons.xml. Does that save placement and settings?

teradog 06-09-2011 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2113417)
When flashing a new ROM, what do I need to backup to save icon placement and settings in IPT? I read in IPhone Today on XDA to backup icons.xml. Does that save placement and settings?

That's the amazing thing.. only the 2 xml's in the program dir!! WAY too easy. Everything else I use PIM backup. done (edit) do use some sashimi to auto install stuff.. re-look at the pics i post in #1, look how small I made them, just like cookie.. plus I can push them around like android..

PPCFreak 06-09-2011 08:19 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

i am currently on nrgz 29020 cht 185 rom.
Tried this out before flashing to titanium and having issues with the weather.
Cant get it to change to standard units (the metric = 0 doesnt seem to work).
Then can not get the weather to update at all.

Any thoughts? using Ankeny (which pulls up zip 50015 which is not right at all; should be 50023 or 50021).