PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143303)

teradog 06-14-2011 10:42 AM

Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

You guys may also want to try:
I use wktask which is unreal once you learn it... It's not in any of the pics, in the blank top left & center area of your top taskbar it puts little icons of all running programs, simply tapping them, switches tasks to them... like NRG uses arkswitch, but takes WAY less memory, it's always visable & easy.
Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2114347)
I was having issues with weather updating using ipt weather....
the large clock on the screen would be nice too but having issues getting it setup correctly (is in the xda thread using the special icon method).

since I do mostly email on the phone, the extra space and speed is great. dont think I will go back to sense roms after being here.....the speed is just so much greater without sense and the bloatware (never really used much of the sense features anyway

1. IPT weather... I messed with it until it reminded me of cookie & sense, reflashed a new ROM & never looked at it again! PIA, didn't need the headache :>))
2. Large clock... try this: it's not real big, but larger by far than the top right clock... I set
TYPE: clock
IMAGE: blank.png (& it's way more readable)
I then set it to execute GAlarm upon a click (snooze & more alarms, etc)
Make it icon #3 or 4 so it always is in top right by other clock... (depending on width of your icons..)

** you have to setup clock for 12 hour in IPT Options, "Special Icons" tab on bottom, "type" pull down, clock
3. re. never go back... NEVER :>)) When's the last time you got a SOD? never now... I grew to hate the sense slider... reminded me of a country dance, tap, tap, slide... one or the other please.
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2114504)
Can someone who has IPT set up tell me what the setting are in the "Missed Call" icon that links to call history. I added the Windows 7 theme, and can't seem to get the link back to call history.
Thanks

I dl'd your zip, unzipped & couldn't run the exe or the .lnk while in total commander (a file explorer). I say bad file.. gotta google or look in \windows dir... i'm satisfied with the windows call history I get when I hit the icon, if I need more detail from there, I hit menu (bottom right softkey), call history.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2114571)
Thanks for posting. I think i've got some other issues as well. Now I get an error that 'MSCProg' is not signed with a trusted certificate.

Perhaps you forgot the : before it? :MSCProg (in the execute slot)

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2114664)
I have set my TP2 to my liking. If I want to replicate my settings on another TP2 phone, can I use these three files and copy them to the other phone?

well that's a loaded Q, click the HOW TO link in my sig & spend some time reading it... make time first, it's not a quick read....
short answer, yea for IPT only.., along with PIM backup & my sashimi/UC stuff

Oh yea, you need to get oldsap from XDA & make yourselfs a few of your quicklinks to call people, if you look at the 3pic on post 1 you'll see a womans face, I linked my wifes pic to her phone number, I press the icon & phone calls her. So, I put that file on my SD under
"storage card\backups\IPT stuff" (the icon always calls the lnk file from that directory, so I don't have to redo from rom to rom.

Also, gotta tell you... been spending most of my time on the XDAndroid side ... that stupid bird game's got me & I'm not a game player! (that is a MUST try if you haven't..)
Click the simple guide in my link. I'll break it down real quick.
1. Pull your SIM card out, Copy the froyo build onto your SD, expand (with 7zip cab into a directory \andboot (is a very popular dir & default on many..)
2. rename windows\startup, reboot tp2, run \andboot\haret right away, don't mess around in windows first. Let it build for 5 min (data.img file around 256 MB), you'll see flying droids, then a water screen saver... DON"T touch for another 5 min if you see this... it has to setup tons of android stuff. Then go have fun in market!
... if you don't see the flying droids after a couple min, resett with stylus, boot into windows, file explorer/total commander, delete the data.img file & redo step #2, it'll build the data.img file again (which IS your Android)
If you don't like, delete it all... easy, it doesn't touch your windows stuff, simply rename the startup dir back to startup (ren startup.bk startup)

I'm putting my main settings for IPT up on post #1 at the bottom... you may want to look..

PPCFreak 06-14-2011 02:07 PM

no SOD's since going to Titanium and IPT.

Did get the weather figured out and its kind of nice.

Calendar appointment view is the only remaining issue for me. would like to have the next calendar appointment show up on a few lines on the today screen.

PPCFreak 06-14-2011 02:09 PM

dl wktask (dec 12, 2009 the latest?).

will try that. Arkswitch does eat up a lot of memory for what it does.

blunij 06-14-2011 06:32 PM

Installed wktask and like its functionality. How does one keep the x off the clock in the right hand upper corner?

Edit: Figured it out. Go to preferences/design and don't use a skin.

teradog 06-15-2011 05:34 AM

i can get u all the settings i use for wktask as well if u want... yea, wktask hasnt been updated, no need, link in one of my sig links... i just MUST know if i have multiple windows running! also, to kill a task simply hold down on it & close, if stubborn, terminate.. (-activesync). i actually go into settings post flash, phone, time sync & turn it off! that way active sync doesnt pop on all the time (also in how to sig thread)
U can mess with off set of left & right edges & move the wktask bar where ever u want... example, when i use to use quickmenu startmenu, i pushed the wktaskbar over to the right a tad so the quickmenu icon was in the top left like it defaults to... i believe my right offset is 265, none on left now, cause i have left soft key pull up quick menu & left hard key (winkey) pull up NRG Panel menu... haha.. yea i use both!

wktask does a lot more, but i only use to see & switch tasks... i have the upper right corner with no x button (skin), but also have set up that even without x button, pressing on clock closes all apps!

re. WP7 theme, i ran it for a month, pretty cool, wife still has it on hers... i just like to load up screen with icons so i have 1 button push to everything i do most.. wp7 theme icons too big... had to scroll again.. for me..

speaking of calendar.. i believe that xda mskip wp7 theme has it display like u want...

re. weather: how many icons did u end up with...? :) seemed like 1/2 of the screen full...

re. calendar.. cant u get it on a lockscreen?
also, i switched & use the now free Pocket Informant, it plays perfect with MS but is a true heavy duty power app.. unreal.. i think powinmo linked it in the energy thread search 4 it. press the calendar icon & it replaces the windows one, use to be an expensive app... another must try imho.

post via tp2

PPCFreak 06-15-2011 06:57 AM

I am using the IPT Weather. Does take up 1/2 the screen when pressing the 1 weather icon...then pressing it again puts the icons back to normal apps. It auto updates the current weather on the 1 icon (stock install replaces the icon 0; I moved this in the setting to icon 4; top right icon).

I had SPB + Mskips themes once before. I liked some of the look and feel but seemed to be too heavy of a load on RAM from what I remember. Might give it another try at next flash.

I had PocketInformant at one time. Agree it was pretty pricey. Might give it a try again. ThumbApps Cal is pretty heavey on RAM but it does have all the items I am looking for in the calendar view (nice to color the appts on the view for a quick look at what items are coming up).

Lock screen does pull up the current appointment or next upcoming appointment. Would like to see that same text (would like to be able to pull up on text the current day + next day's events; but can live with baby steps first; current appointment and/or next appointment).

I was looking for a good wp7 theme to try but agree I don't care to swipe the screen a lot....the first screen on IPT has my most used programs without having to swipe; its very nice.

blunij 06-15-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2115465)
i can get u all the settings i use for wktask as well if u want...

Would appreciate it if you could.

blunij 06-15-2011 10:23 AM

I have to say that Dream Phone II has given new likable life to my TP2!!
I have been monitoring my available RAM since going to PP 0 and have noted the following. I start off at about 126 and continue to have less available over time and use, even though I religiously close all open apps. It seems to settle in the 80s after a day or so. I have nothing being pushed.
Would this significantly change if I go with PP 8?

PPCFreak 06-15-2011 12:31 PM

Wirelessly posted (VZW TP2: Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I am running pp at 8 and am starting off at about 110 free...drops to the low 90's after full days use (close the apps but have outlook and thumbcal running in background).

teradog 06-15-2011 07:09 PM

PPCFreak: Would love to see you write up a very short, few step easy guide that'll install only 1 weather icon, that displays current temp. Seems like everytime, I get a 1/2 page of different icons that install by default, screwing up all my set icons... please. I haven't used for so long.. those are my recollections...
Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2115495)
Would appreciate it if you could.

Wktask settings: (version 1.2.0.2)
General: only last one ck'd (hide the task list when no tasks), left edge 0, right, 250
General 2: nothing ck'd
Actions: close ok, close all, the last 3 I don't use
Skins: UNCK bx 1, CK #2 (reduce buffers)
Design: I ck 2nd box, & use a custom color that matches my background, trial & error
Launcher, nothing, don't use
Excludes: don't mess with
Bcklight: don't mess with
Startup: enable

Quote:

Originally Posted by blunij (Post 2115503)
... RAM since going to PP 0 and have noted the following. I start off at about 126 and continue to have less available over time and use, even though I religiously close all open apps. It seems to settle in the 80s after a day or so.
Would this significantly change if I go with PP 8?

This is exactly what I have, you must have:
1. nothing in your \windows\startup dir
2. Using a startmenu replacement (guessing either panel or compact (same as quickmenu)
Please confirm.
Re. pp of 8: Please reread my 1st post where I talk about page pools, yes... you should get roughly 140 MB of RAM to start..

IF NRG ever gets 29022 out & Opera is fixed, I'll try 8 myself. zero makes it dynamic RAM allocation in which Windows manages the RAM... taking an extra 20MB upfront to start, which makes menus, switching between them, switching between tasks, etc.. faster... however, as I've stated before, I believe over time, Windows keeps & doesn't give back all the RAM, exactly what you've noticed.

I feel with a set amount of 8 or 10, we shouldn't see the RAM in the low 90's after a day (high 80's in your case). Which is actually hilarious that I complain about 90 MB free after a couple days use!! LOL I remember some ROMs last summer dreaming & wishing about getting 70 ever! I think we could be seeing around 125-130 MB after a couple days use.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PPCFreak (Post 2115560)
I am running pp at 8 and am starting off at about 110 free...drops to the low 90's after full days use (close the apps but have outlook and thumbcal running in background).

These RAM numbers are way off so you must:
1. Not be running a startmenu replacement.
2. Or, have a ton of stuff you are running in your startup dir.
Please rename your \windows\startup dir & reboot for a test... you should be seeing around 140MB free if you are using both a different menu (non sense or cookie) & a different windows startmenu.
Please advise where you are losing 30 MB of RAM