PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=143303)

killerkhatiby009 05-12-2011 02:40 AM

Re: Dream Phone II, 100% Transparent, Final ROM, How to get 150 MB of RAM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teradog (Post 2100339)
You get the transparent working?

Anyone?

Didn't really try the transparency edit, don't feel like its that necessary. Thanks again for the help!

ModmyPPC 05-13-2011 04:18 PM

I dont remember where I saw it but how do you delete the dialer I remember it was a hog on memory too

akeaw3000 05-14-2011 12:57 AM

Hey, I do wanna know how to get rid of the softkeys. Please update the post when you have time...

chuggy 05-14-2011 08:40 PM

I want to try the transparency settings, but the hotfile downloads for aygshell.dll and shell32.exe say that they are expired. Could anyone send me the files, or upload them.

chuggy 05-14-2011 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by akeaw3000 (Post 2101281)
Hey, I do wanna know how to get rid of the softkeys. Please update the post when you have time...

I tried by using NueNobBar 2.0, and Dwizzy HD Mini Softkeys Cabs, but am still having some issues. See picture.

Everytime i return to Iphone Today Screen i have to hit Done in order to get rid of the bar.

I also tried to do the transparency settings, but i didnt have any files to overwrite in the windows folder.

akeaw3000 05-15-2011 01:24 PM

I'm using NoBar 2.0 which got rid of the softkeys (no "Done" button). I figured I'd try the above transparency trick to get rid of the actual bottom bar, like in teradog's pic. I couldn't backup the two files, so was going to use htcrie to switch them out and reflash. Anyone know where to download the patched files?

chuggy 05-15-2011 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akeaw3000 (Post 2101619)
I'm using NoBar 2.0 which got rid of the softkeys (no "Done" button). I figured I'd try the above transparency trick to get rid of the actual bottom bar, like in teradog's pic. I couldn't backup the two files, so was going to use htcrie to switch them out and reflash. Anyone know where to download the patched files?

Hmmm. I've tried NueNoBar2.0 on 2 different flashes and had the same result. Are you on the 29020 rom, and Iphone Today?

akeaw3000 05-16-2011 10:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by chuggy (Post 2101668)
Hmmm. I've tried NueNoBar2.0 on 2 different flashes and had the same result. Are you on the 29020 rom, and Iphone Today?

I'm on the 21916 Titanium April 29th ROM + IPhoneToday. I also tried on the 29017 Standard April 15th ROM; same result.

I finally got it to work like above after modding my own files, but I want to completely remove the softkeys, so I added NueNoBar2.0, which KINDA worked. I say kinda because after boot there's a black/multi-colored space with a white speck where the bar used to be, but I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". Maybe teradog can help me figure this last piece out...

*Screenshots:
The first is what I got following teradog's method above
The second is what I got when I added NueNoBar 2.0
The third is what I want.

mikey1234 05-18-2011 07:51 PM

i'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

i'm running april 26 or 24th cookie. i just turned off sense and turn on iphonetoday. it def saved me some ram. i like it and hoping it can hold me over until evo 3d is released. my battery seems to die really quickly still. obviously i've made no other changes so i shouldnt expect it to last much longer

teradog 05-20-2011 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2101138)
I dont remember where I saw it but how do you delete the dialer I remember it was a hog on memory too

thanked... agreed! Now someone has to try it & post over 150MB RAM... forgot that one.. lol should have done it!
Quote:

Originally Posted by akeaw3000 (Post 2101863)
I'm on the 21916 Titanium April 29th ROM + IPhoneToday. I also tried on the 29017 Standard April 15th ROM; same result.

I finally got it to work like above after modding my own files, but I want to completely remove the softkeys, so I added NueNoBar2.0, which KINDA worked. I say kinda because after boot there's a black/multi-colored space with a white speck where the bar used to be, but I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". Maybe teradog can help me figure this last piece out...

*Screenshots:
The first is what I got following teradog's method above
The second is what I got when I added NueNoBar 2.0
The third is what I want.

Yep, #3 that would be nice! Look, mwalts method is the only thing I've found... You don't "back up" your original files.. simply copy them to a dir on your SD card.. (thus creating a backup, leaving the originals in place)

COOL!! you got it!
Note to others... you MUST have those 2 files from the same sys!!! Yes, I was able to jump between a few versions of 290xx, but certainly, you wouldn't be able to use 29xxx mod'd files on a 21xxx sys.

Also, looking at your post, I now realize... "getting rid of softkey bar" is not an accurate statement.. I meant transparency... the buttons would remain the same, however... you can look for the softkeys reg & change those.. I even messed around & changed the font color.

Re. NoBar 2.0, wow, it actually expands into that space allowing more usable screen? I have to try this... I'll go DL..
Re. I can remove it by right clicking the screen & hitting "cancel". wow, I think I may be satisfied with the right click cancel..! I'll take a look

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikey1234 (Post 2103121)
i'm surprised this thread hasn't gotten more attention.

i'm running april 26 or 24th cookie. i just turned off sense and turn on iphonetoday. it def saved me some ram. i like it and hoping it can hold me over until evo 3d is released. my battery seems to die really quickly still. obviously i've made no other changes so i shouldnt expect it to last much longer

On your battery... Did you flash a titanium ROM & change startmenues with the cab I linked? Are you on an Energy ROM? You have to keep it simple.. the simpler, the better battery... no album cover updates & checking 10 different emails every 30 seconds, etc.. My experience with cookie is that so much is always running in the background. I have mail set to a few hours, one account 1 hour & simply created a link to sendreceive all (I think I found in the \windows directory) when I want to ensure the newest refresh..

Hope that helps...

I may have missed a bunch, sorry, post again with questions/suggestions please if I did, or misunderstood your questions