PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2011, 03:32 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: t mobile

ntrop111 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Static Wallpaper

Hi All : )

Just got my first PPC... a TP2 and am trying to figure out how to keep my wallpaper from rotating when sliding out my keypad. I have been trying to find a solution for days and many hrs.

Thanks

p.s. I really like the function on this website where when u go to post a new thread it brings up similar threads first. Not to say that I don't try searching before posting : )
Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Welcome!

It will rotate so you can see what you are typing with the keyboard. If the rotation messes up your wallpaper you just need to convert your wallpaper to the correct resolution.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:19 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Static Wallpaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntrop111 View Post
Hi All : )

Just got my first PPC... a TP2
Welcome to the TP2 world. You are going to find that there are many many things you can do with your new device!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-08-2011, 10:25 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ntrop111 is a n00b

Thank u both!

I have created wallpapers with were exactly 480x800 but when I slide my keypad open I see double portraits instead of it retaining the landscape view of my set wallpaper.

Tinkerbell: yeah I installed oct1.5 and am currently testing at 748mhz & tried my first custom rom.. energy... pretty nice! : )
Old 04-08-2011, 07:01 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Try making it 800x480 or 800x800.
Old 04-08-2011, 07:13 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Thank u both!
Tinkerbell: yeah I installed oct1.5 and am currently testing at 748mhz & tried my first custom rom.. energy... pretty nice! : )
You are welcome! It sounds like you are on your way!! Have a blast!
Old 04-08-2011, 10:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)

deffenatly make the wallpaper 800x800
thats the only solution because other wise it will just tile your image like you are experiencing
what you are going to want to do is get what ever image you want as your background, make it 800x 800 and make the center portion of the image the area you want to show in your portrait view

._____________________
|-------------------------|
|-------xxxxxxxxxx--------|
|-------------------------|
._____________________

lets say the entire image is the example above, make the area with the x the main part of your image and you should be set

Last edited by aedon; 04-11-2011 at 09:49 PM.
Old 04-09-2011, 01:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: DX2

three west is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to three west
Cool Re: Static Wallpaper

or say run CHT and have different wallpapers for portrait & landscape...
Old 04-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ntrop111 is a n00b

Just tested and it worked! thanks to u all for ur help and welcoming comments.

I must look into that three west. Im trying to find a way to avoid the way the phone autocrops... I want to see exactly what I cropped in the first place... but still thankful to have gotten rid of the multi portrait view.

Thanks guys!

Glad I found this forum : )
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust

Quote:
Thanks guys!

Glad I found this forum : )
We are glad to! Thank you for your kind words!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2