PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones
Re: Question On Flashing New ROM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrosler View Post
Usually not, but I have seen it happen. Hence why I told op to becareful when upgrading on TMO account.
Oh wow. But do you think it would make a difference because t-mobile is gsm? my phone is using cdma metro pcs.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
Oh wow. But do you think it would make a difference because t-mobile is gsm? my phone is using cdma metro pcs.
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I think you both would be OK but like I said, I have seen wierd things happen. Worse case scenario is you would have to reprogram epst settings after radio upgrade. Thats worse case. best case, no issues upgrading.

I cant be 100% certain as I have not ever placed a phone on another carrier like that.

Donations always accepted but never expected!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

youngtjjones is a n00b

Quote:
Yeah, I see what you are saying. I think you both would be OK but like I said, I have seen wierd things happen. Worse case scenario is you would have to reprogram epst settings after radio upgrade. Thats worse case. best case, no issues upgrading.

I cant be 100% certain as I have not ever placed a phone on another carrier like that.
Oh ok. Oh yea one more thing, you can use any carrier radio right or if the phone say us cellular you have to us only us cellular radios?
Old 04-04-2011, 06:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

scrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation levelscrosler can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Oh ok. Oh yea one more thing, you can use any carrier radio right or if the phone say us cellular you have to us only us cellular radios?
Your corerct, you can use any carrier radio with like technology. So a Verizon user could use the latest sprint radio and US Cellular user could use the latest Verizon Radio.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 06:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

youngtjjones is a n00b

Quote:
Your corerct, you can use any carrier radio with like technology. So a Verizon user could use the latest sprint radio and US Cellular user could use the latest Verizon Radio.
Allright thank you very much. Gold bless you. Its my first time messing around with radios and i just wanna make sure i get the right info before doing anything i might regret. Thank you again.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Just thought I would chime in and say the most important thing to remember when flashing a radio is whether the radio you are flashing is for a CDMA device if you have a CDMA Worldphone TP2 like the Sprint or Verizon branded models. You never want to attempt to flash a GSM type radio to those devices like a T-Mobile or AT&T radio or attempt to flash a Sprint or Verizon radio to a GSM TP2 like an AT&T or T-Mobile branded version.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:

do not flash a tmobile (gsm) radio on your phone, if your phone supports cdma (your phone obviously does have the cdma part if it's on a cdma network...)

it would really brick it.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex
Old 04-06-2011, 09:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonex View Post
it would really brick it.
Hence why including a radio in the .nbh of a custom ROM released publicly is a dumb move. All it takes is someone not to read well, and they end up with a paperweight.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2