PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 10:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Internet Sharing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Did you try this?
Nope

But before I do would someone confrim that the USB to PC works correctly (automatically) like it supposed to.. (with the check enabled) because one reason why I hesitate is I feel like maybe no matter what I do every newer modern rom will behave like this

If I know I'm the odd one out.. than I know flash will/must fix

Last edited by themaster; 04-06-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:13 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster
Quote:
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Did you try this?
Nope

But before I do would someone confrim that the USB to PC works correctly (automatically) like it supposed to.. (with the check enabled) because one reason why I hesitate is I feel like maybe no matter what I do every newer modern rom will behave like this

If I know I'm the odd one out.. than I know flash will/must fix
Well, I understand but I don't have the issue and I'm sure if it was an issue with those roms it would have come up before now with other users and would have been fixed. My suggestion is based on me wondering when you flashed your roms something went wrong with the flash and the best way to try to remedy or troubleshoot those problems is to do what I said.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

uninstall and reinstall activesync on your pc

For some reason the drivers or the software easily gets corrupted for me when bouncing back and forth from disk drive to tether. Specially if you have other phones that connect to the same computer.

I always do this if I have any sort of connection problems between my phone and the pc so I know that it's not the problem.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
uninstall and reinstall activesync on your pc

For some reason the drivers or the software easily gets corrupted for me when bouncing back and forth from disk drive to tether. Specially if you have other phones that connect to the same computer.

I always do this if I have any sort of connection problems between my phone and the pc so I know that it's not the problem.
I've tried that like 5 time don't thinks its that..

Alright hornflash I'll take your answer.. think I'll go wit vins latest.. I noticed internet sharing worked 50% faster, when it worked!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:19 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

LOL!
Old 04-15-2011, 06:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

themaster is a n00b

I flashed to stock.. I flashed to Feb.10.2011.Neodium (gps is still a little wonky) have to try driving with it..

No change.. "internet sharing" doesn't auto-launch.. I notice though that the "USB to PC" tab now says "don't ask" when you plugin.. label on the program when you open it is

"Ask me first about USB connection type when I connect the device to PC"

May seem stupid that "internet sharing" doesn't auto-launch immediately on usb plug-in but that is actually important to me.. waiting 5 seconds whatever is pathetic..

Is there a registry setting that will stop USB to PC from waiting.. 5 seconds?
Old 04-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaster View Post
May seem stupid that "internet sharing" doesn't auto-launch immediately on usb plug-in but that is actually important to me.. waiting 5 seconds whatever is pathetic..
Really?

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:22 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

LOL! That's my favorite one!

I could never do that to you Tinkerbell!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:15 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
LOL! That's my favorite one!

I could never do that to you Tinkerbell!
Awe... thank you for saying that! =)=)
Old 04-16-2011, 04:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This probably won't help, but in my research about this topic a few months ago I found that it's a PITA to get USB internet sharing working and working consistently. It's a function of both registry edits and drivers on the phone, which were difficult to source and install, as well as drivers on the PC and Activesync's willngness to play along. The fact that it also varies from rom to rom, which it looks you've already studied, pissed me off to the point that I decided to just get WMWiFiRouter for all my internet sharing (USB, WiFi, BT, and many combinations thereof).

I'm subscribing to this thread to keep up with developments.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2