PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2 (R.I.P) / htc EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premuim

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Aedon's WM 6.5.x Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

Hey guys, so after looking around and seeing alot of good works by other members here and on XDA Developers, I decided to give a go at making my own Iphone like sms app for windows mobile

THIS IS A 6.5.X SKIN!!
it will work on a 6.1 or 6.5 phone but it WILL have allighnment issues and bubble glitches.

If anyone would like a 6.1 or 6.5 version, please click here

Now befor anyone ses anything about this, most of the work here IS spliced versions of other peoples codes, found here and here

both are great skins, but each offered their own flaws.
puffs was a great looking skin, overall smooth and had no glitches
astronauts implemented code to add the contact picture in the top bar, but unfortunatly had allighnment issues and multiple scroll bars in the window

I have to say thanks to Puff601 here on PPCGeeks for the basline for this app
and thanks aswell to Ninja4hire, (a team member of the astronaut skins) over at XDA for the rest of the codes to add in a background and the contact image at the top of the screen

I took Puffs original cab and removed and added lines of code from ninjas 6.5 sms cab untill this became the final outcome

anyway, let me know what yall think and if yall have any requests, hit me up

The contact image at the top of the bar will show the contact picture of the last person to send a message
ie
if you send the last text, that image will show unless you have your voicmail saved as a number and add an image to it

other wise, if the person your talking to sent the last message, their picture will show, if you have one saved for them

New cab is up, titled "WM 6.5.X SMS iPhone Skin"
newer look, smaller install size
(pics in post)
I will leave the old one titles "WM Red Iphone SMS" for anyone that still wants to use it.
original look, and my first cab so just a bit sentimental lol
(attached pic)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Old 6-5-x Skin.jpg (353.3 KB, 57 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab WM Red Iphone SMS.cab (735.2 KB, 91 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: cab WM 6.5.X SMS iPhone Skin - Red.cab (214.6 KB, 115 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by aedon; 04-08-2011 at 10:59 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

OO!
I like the red!
Nice Work!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

aedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on repaedon is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Aedon's WM 6.5.x Iphone SMS Chat bubbles

Thanks
I can make the bubbles any color
add any background
and change the color of the incomming text, the time stamps, and the contact image bar

if anyone has a request, let me hear it
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 10:38 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 XV6875
Carrier: CMCC

alva is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

thanks, is it 6.5 Compatible? and i am sorry, four corners of the bubbles looks not so perfect...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alva View Post
thanks, is it 6.5 Compatible? and i am sorry, four corners of the bubbles looks not so perfect...
there might be an issue with the tops of the bubbles being cut off due to time stamp codeing

6.5.x and 6.5 collect the collect the the message and time stamp differently

if you are running 6.5 and use this version of the skin, then your phone will only show the bottom of the bubbles and you wont have the time stamps

i can however work on a 6.5 version if youd like

when i was running 6.5 i found a skin that was compatible, i can ask the owner for permission to modifie it and i could have it up with in a few days

as for the bubbles not looking perfect, if you mean that some of the sides look flat, its because the rom i was using at the time cut he edges of the ends of the bubbles because it overlapped the display area

Im going to repost some screen shots to include the landspace view, thanks for bringing that point across.

other then that, they are the original bubbles that came in puffs skin, all i did was make them red

Last edited by aedon; 04-05-2011 at 05:01 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

alright so ive got a 6.5 version up
link is in the first post, here are some screen shots

oh and im going to be reposting this cab, ive made some edits and it around a third its size now
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6-5 PT.jpg (290.8 KB, 370 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 6-5 LS.jpg (265.4 KB, 351 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by aedon; 04-05-2011 at 08:29 PM.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

I actually need it for the 6.5.x builds .. lol so i figured id just post and continue posting in the appropriate thread
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
I actually need it for the 6.5.x builds .. lol so i figured id just post and continue posting in the appropriate thread

Ive actually made some modifications if you want to wait for them
Old 04-06-2011, 01:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

meechieervin is keeping up the good workmeechieervin is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hello i got to ask a favor,is there anyway to make one for win 6.1 thanks
Old 04-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meechieervin View Post
hello i got to ask a favor,is there anyway to make one for win 6.1 thanks
im not 100 percent sure, but i think that my 6.5 version will work on 6.1
ive never used 6.1 so dont quote me lol
but ive seen other versions of Ninjas skins that were said to be compatable with 6.1 and 6.5 and most of this app is based on his original one

please feel free to try my 6.5 version and tell me if you have any issues

Edit
Confirmed on windows 6.1 devices if you use my 6.5 skin, link updated in 1st post

Last edited by aedon; 04-07-2011 at 02:19 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
red, sms skin, wm 6.5.x iphone chat