PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

elcapo24682 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Cannot charge phone while on after cleanup cab and tweak cab for sprint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
If you are the watch and learn type, you can check out this video on How to Unlock and Flash CDMA TP2 RhodiumW. The process will be very similar to what you are trying to do there.
right on with that one. Sometimes it is better to watch a step-by-step tutorial on something being done rather than just reading it. I'm surprised none of us has thought of just posting a video
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:59 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnando84 View Post
lnando84 is very impressed with Tinkerbell's contributions as of late.. And would like to extend a thanks(actually a few ). Glad you're part our great community/family!! Keep up the great work!
Awe... that is so sweet of you to say Inando84!! Thank you for the warm welcome and all the support that you have given me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elcapo24682 View Post
right on with that one. Sometimes it is better to watch a step-by-step tutorial on something being done rather than just reading it. I'm surprised none of us has thought of just posting a video
Thank you!! I totally agree!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-27-2011, 02:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i saw your other thread are you messing with your registy? best bet is unlock phone and flash a custom rom like one i use from vin, all crap is removed plus tons of tweaks by vin.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...w-hardspl.html for unlocking.
vins rom thread:http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...6-28244-a.html
Is it possible you can post the exact downloadable link instead of posting the thread where it can be found to eliminate the chance downloading the wrong cab. I think I have got the right unlocker, but I'm not so sure which ROM to download from the thread you've provided. I see like 10 downloadable links. Why does everyone do that? i have sprint by the way. Thank you.

Can I just download these to my sd card and install to device?

Last edited by TheKid1; 03-27-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-27-2011, 03:56 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKid1 View Post
Is it possible you can post the exact downloadable link instead of posting the thread where it can be found to eliminate the chance downloading the wrong cab. I think I have got the right unlocker, but I'm not so sure which ROM to download from the thread you've provided. I see like 10 downloadable links. Why does everyone do that? i have sprint by the way. Thank you.

Can I just download these to my sd card and install to device?
im telling you now YOU MUST READ OR WATCH VIDEO MISS TINKER LINKED YA, you can brick your tp2 unlocking it and if you think you unlock by just putting unlocker on sdcard your in trouble and didnt read anything. please take some time to read and only worry about a rom AFTER YOU READ and unlock your tp2. you need a pc and a usb cable to unlock and charge your battery before unlocking. we are all here to help but you need to help us buy doing some reading first.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile
Threadstarter

TheKid1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
im telling you now YOU MUST READ OR WATCH VIDEO MISS TINKER LINKED YA, you can brick your tp2 unlocking it and if you think you unlock by just putting unlocker on sdcard your in trouble and didnt read anything. please take some time to read and only worry about a rom AFTER YOU READ and unlock your tp2. you need a pc and a usb cable to unlock and charge your battery before unlocking. we are all here to help but you need to help us buy doing some reading first.
Ok, I've Successfully unlocked. Now about that Vin ROM...what do I do. I've sent you a PM. So I guess we'll talk there from now on. Thank you everyone for your help.
Old 03-27-2011, 04:14 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

answered pm, congratz on unlocking and that was the hard part actually.

here is your link to sdcard flashing and also our sites "search" works also.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-d...2-sd-card.html

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 03-27-2011 at 04:46 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
lost, n00b