PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   *PIC* Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141195)

elesbb 03-01-2011 12:19 PM

Re: *PIC* Mystery passcode screen as my phone boots.... ANYBODY?

The picture the OP uloaded .. ive seen that before on my phone . That specific screen , in my case , was due to an extremely dead battery . I honestly was in panic as the OP is and all i did was kept it off and charged it for a bit and it came on like normal .. i dont know and am not saying they are related i just figured id offer my two sense .. which isnt much xP

Kris443 03-01-2011 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgodfather (Post 2060197)
Ok so yesturday, I was flashing my phone and got stuck in bootloader. It gave me an error but I couldn't read it b/c half of it was covered by the Olinex info. I ended up reflashing SSPL on it to repair it. So, this morning while i was getting ready for school I noticed that the phone wasn't on like I had left it last night. I booted it and got this unusual passcode screen during startup. This isn't the typical windows passcode screen to unlock the phone. This one is different. It only takes up about 1/2 - 2/3 the screen. Its black, and has a green enter button. WTH is it? I'm at school right now, but when I get home later, I will take a picture of it and upload it so you can see what I'm talking about. I don't want to mess with it until I know what it is. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!!

looking at attached pic - when I see that, I go to Settings/Connections/Comm Manager and turn on phone. or make sure you're not in airport mode (same screen).

Amamba 03-02-2011 09:03 PM

That looks like default WM6.5 dialer (no phone canvas) ?

cmonex 03-03-2011 01:46 AM

heh, you just press Cancel to make that screen go away. it doesn't ask for any password or anything... :)
it's just that you turned the radio part off before you rebooted the phone (or it just failed to turn on for some reason)

scrosler 03-03-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amamba (Post 2063681)
That looks like default WM6.5 dialer (no phone canvas) ?

It is

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmonex (Post 2063762)
heh, you just press Cancel to make that screen go away. it doesn't ask for any password or anything... :)
it's just that you turned the radio part off before you rebooted the phone (or it just failed to turn on for some reason)

More than likey because the battery was dieing it shut the radio off before it died completely.

urgodfather 03-09-2011 10:15 AM

Hey, I apologize for the delay of a response. Unfortunately, I have been really busy with school lately. I appreciate all of your feedback. I do think that an EXTREMELY dead battery is the cause. However, I still don't understand the fact that as I had mentioned previously, that at one point I entered "0000" at this prompt and while analyzing with other tools such as CDMA Workshop, RevSkills, QPST, and QXDM, that I had noticed the security code too was "0000." Is this merely a coincidence or could I have accidently changed it by initially entering that code?

[sammich] 03-09-2011 01:27 PM

I saw this. 2 days ago. On my friend's handheld motorola scanner.

It's a Windows Mobile device, has a SIM card, bluetooth, GPS, everything. But his company removed the SIM and put the phone in airplane mode by default because there is no cell service attached to the device. It turns out I can make that weird password screen pop up if his phone is in airplane mode and I go to Start > Settings > Phone. It asks if I'd like to turn on the phone, and when I say yes, I get that password screen. The only difference is at the top, it says something about the SIM. Other than that, the keypad is identical. Since we don't know the password and don't have a SIM, if I exit that screen the phone stays off.

Do you have your SIM card in your phone?

cmonex 03-11-2011 01:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by urgodfather (Post 2066191)
However, I still don't understand the fact that as I had mentioned previously, that at one point I entered "0000" at this prompt and while analyzing with other tools such as CDMA Workshop, RevSkills, QPST, and QXDM, that I had noticed the security code too was "0000." Is this merely a coincidence or could I have accidently changed it by initially entering that code?

no, unrelated.

cmonex 03-11-2011 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [sammich] (Post 2066266)
I saw this. 2 days ago. On my friend's handheld motorola scanner.

It's a Windows Mobile device, has a SIM card, bluetooth, GPS, everything. But his company removed the SIM and put the phone in airplane mode by default because there is no cell service attached to the device. It turns out I can make that weird password screen pop up if his phone is in airplane mode and I go to Start > Settings > Phone. It asks if I'd like to turn on the phone, and when I say yes, I get that password screen. The only difference is at the top, it says something about the SIM. Other than that, the keypad is identical. Since we don't know the password and don't have a SIM, if I exit that screen the phone stays off.

Do you have your SIM card in your phone?

yea it shows a similar screen if SIM is not present...nothing special.

InsomniacJedi 03-13-2011 12:41 AM

It's just the windows mobile default dialer. All you gotta do is charge the phone and then turn the phone on in the comm manager.

I see this all the time when my phone doesn't have enough charge and doesn't have enough juice to even turn on and connect to the network.