PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Favourite Overclocking Method? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139381)

powinmo 01-11-2011 05:52 PM

Re: Favourite Overclocking Method?

Used MSM7 and OCT for extensive periods of time.

Switched to wimospeed when v1.01 came out and now use v1.03...

My thoughts:

1. wimospeed cab installer is simple and straightforward. It also uninstalls with minimal fuss. Does not require registry tweaks/export/import.

2. does not require .reg file restores after a flash, unlike OCT (I had to tandem install ninjaducks OCT repack + my .reg settings)

3. does not require funky mscr scripts like MSM7 needed, at least in how I was using it before.

4. You run the shortcut/lnk that you create with wimospeed's GUI or you have basic mscr script with a simple command line call to set the exact OC speed you want.

I generally get a more stable (SOD free) OC with wimospeed vs OCT or MSM7 for my TP2 devices, but that can be very subjective.

Some folks may get a slightly higher OC from OCT or MSM7, but those were active OC apps vs the passive nature of wimospeed.

For me, the bottom line is wimospeed wins just by the sheer simplicity of the application and how you run it. Potential stable OC could be considered a bonus... lol.

gera229 01-15-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powinmo (Post 2034672)

Some folks may get a slightly higher OC from OCT or MSM7, but those were active OC apps vs the passive nature of wimospeed.

For me, the bottom line is wimospeed wins just by the sheer simplicity of the application and how you run it. Potential stable OC could be considered a bonus... lol.

Actually I heard that people were more successful overclocking higher with wimospeed.

I am a beginner at this and I want to know what is active and what is passive?

sprinttouch666 01-15-2011 08:29 PM

OCT_1.5 for me.

My experience is that winmo speed v1.03 makes energy rom with cht2.0 final (both 6.5 and 6.5.x) insanely slow, like leggier than stock.

gera229 01-15-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037414)
OCT_1.5 for me.

My experience is that winmo speed v1.03 makes energy rom with cht2.0 final (both 6.5 and 6.5.x) insanely slow, like leggier than stock.

Don't you need to undo what you did with OCT and then do the new modifications with winmospeed? Or does winmospeed have some flaws still?

sprinttouch666 01-16-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2037418)
Don't you need to undo what you did with OCT and then do the new modifications with winmospeed? Or does winmospeed have some flaws still?

um I'm not entirely sure but i don't think you should have both methods installed at once. I actually ran task29 and flashed a new rom before trying winmospeed. I wish i could OC higher with winmospeed, like a lot of people say they can, but sense crashed at 806 and the phone froze at the same speed (825) and the performance was significantly worse. ](*,)

can anyone help me out here? are there apps that conflict with winmospeed?

gera229 01-22-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037836)
um I'm not entirely sure but i don't think you should have both methods installed at once. I actually ran task29 and flashed a new rom before trying winmospeed. I wish i could OC higher with winmospeed, like a lot of people say they can, but sense crashed at 806 and the phone froze at the same speed (825) and the performance was significantly worse. ](*,)

Performance is worse if you overclock too high and it becomes unstable.
I managed to finally overclock my tp2 at 748mhz flawlessly running. I think it is slightly better than OCT.

dougw03 02-12-2011 10:46 PM

Is there anyway to set winmospeed to automatically OC on startup? I hate soft resetting then having to re OC

horndoctor 02-12-2011 11:25 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougw03
Is there anyway to set winmospeed to automatically OC on startup? I hate soft resetting then having to re OC

Yep just set your OC speed in the GUI. Then click on create link with actual settings. Then with File Explorer go to Program Files/WiMoSpeed and click and hold on the link you created and select cut then go to Windows/Startup and paste the link. Then when you soft reset it will auto OC. Just make sure you have thoroughly tested the speed before you make a link for it and put it in the Startup folder. ;)

spambusterdave 02-13-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037836)

Be happy with that! Highest I can run is 768.

quick99si 02-13-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2055327)
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Yep just set your OC speed in the GUI. Then click on create link with actual settings. Then with File Explorer go to Program Files/WiMoSpeed and click and hold on the link you created and select cut then go to Windows/Startup and paste the link. Then when you soft reset it will auto OC. Just make sure you have thoroughly tested the speed before you make a link for it and put it in the Startup folder. ;)

horndoctor: going on two years of helping noobs and 6 months of "hands on" kama sutra instruction (now unisex!).

WiMoSpeed for me, mainly because I didn't like how OCT continuously had to calculate CPU load to adjust the stepping (I eventually turned that off but still)