PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Favourite Overclocking Method? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139381)

teradog 01-09-2011 09:12 AM

Re: Favourite Overclocking Method?

old school.. msm7k & setcpuspeed 01d

fancy oct came along, jumpy, drove me nuts! dynamic.. ugg, so they said.. hey, make it static.. lol u mean like msm&setcpu? :)) no advantage, then = personally got less OC on OCT

Wimo: nice, simple, stable.. like it! @ 806mhz locked up faster than msm7k&setcpu
msm7k&setcpu stable@ 787, wimo locks up eventually for me..

advantage of OCT & wimo: dont need 2 reboot to clock down to boot into droid

these are my results... not right ot wrong... do what works best 4 u!

-via tp2

bobturismo 01-09-2011 08:25 PM

OCT, because it's worked great for me and I haven't tried winmospeed or whatever it is.

Settings at "0" steps on OCT, but can't get any higher than 748 on those settings but more stable that way. I'll try the other one now...

jcthelight 01-09-2011 08:27 PM

is WinMoSpeed a cab or is it somthing you change in your phone i use the netripper ms7k cab

bobturismo 01-09-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2033274)
is WinMoSpeed a cab or is it somthing you change in your phone i use the netripper ms7k cab

Yes, it is a cab, you would need to undo everything you did for netripper's app and just install wimospeed and run the program.

I just did and it is faster for the same speed on OCT.

eric12341 01-09-2011 09:19 PM

its starting to sound like we have our next heyhi11

Tybalt39 01-10-2011 03:28 PM

Using Msm7k & OC_Auto. Was easy to install and works! I read about various problems with OCT, so I never tried it. Winmospeed seems to be getting a good rep, but I haven't needed to change anything. Next hard reset I may try it instead.

806.4Mhz using OC_Auto 4.2
Getting 2+ days battery life with no SOD.
I Love my TP2!

ModmyPPC 01-10-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 2033796)
Using Msm7k & OC_Auto. Was easy to install and works! I read about various problems with OCT, so I never tried it. Winmospeed seems to be getting a good rep, but I haven't needed to change anything. Next hard reset I may try it instead.

806.4Mhz using OC_Auto 4.2
Getting 2+ days battery life with no SOD.
I Love my TP2!

After getting alot of SOD from OCT 1.5 I just stopped using overclock all together and summed it up to hype and a huge FAIL. I want a stable phone and 1 s.o.d. for me is 1 too many.

but I would love to try Msm7k & OC_Auto and Winmospeed

Can anyone provide some cabs?

thanks

NinjaDuck 01-10-2011 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2033817)
After getting alot of SOD from OCT 1.5 I just stopped using overclock all together and summed it up to hype and a huge FAIL. I want a stable phone and 1 s.o.d. for me is 1 too many.

thanks

WimoSpeed...

Tybalt39 01-11-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2033817)

thanks

Follow this link to the OC_Auto 4.2 section of the OC thread. I've also put a link in my signature for this same thread.

ModmyPPC 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaDuck (Post 2033847)
WimoSpeed...

OMG THIS IS A BRAND NEW FREAKING PHONE!!! I LOVE THIS CAB THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Im running mobile shell and have my phone overclocked to 787.2 and its so much more responsive. It zips through the pages with no lag at all. Im so shocked.

At 806.4 it froze so I just removed the battery and went to the speed below it and its working so much better now.

Thanks Ninja duck.