PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Favourite Overclocking Method? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=139381)

horndoctor 01-08-2011 07:48 PM

Favourite Overclocking Method?

Vote for your fav and feel free to say why. :D

killerkhatiby009 01-08-2011 09:16 PM

Re: Favourite Overclocking Method?

WiMoSpeed its jus the easiest solution so far as it is only one cab and needs nothing else and works perfectly, I just dont see a reason to use any other solution.

ooxteme 01-08-2011 10:09 PM

its a real toss up between winmospeed and oct 1.5. they both work great for me...

eric12341 01-08-2011 10:21 PM

yea i ditched netrippers msm7kcpuspeed in favor of WiMoSpeed (which works better since uninstallation of netripper) it doesnt require any extra settings to work reliably but there is no option to return to stock speed without having to soft reset.

puff601 01-08-2011 10:48 PM

ive tried them all but wimospeed seems to be the best. it seems to produce way less heat than the others, snappier, and overall just better.

ooxteme 01-08-2011 11:26 PM

+1 on the little heat with WinmoSpeed!

NinjaDuck 01-09-2011 12:00 AM

WiMoSpeed benchmarks faster at the same speeds as OCT (Sktools).
WiMoSpeed has not resulted in a single SOD for me.
WiMoSpeed is able to overclock at a higher speed and remain stable than OCT.

It was a little harder to find the right WimoSpeed setting for me because it overclocked so much higher. I had to step back 4 steps before it was stable.

No competition as far as I can tell.

horndoctor 01-09-2011 03:49 AM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Thanks guys! :)
Anyone else?

steveo70 01-09-2011 05:12 AM

Thanks guys! :)
Anyone else?[/QUOTE]

+1 w/the others on WinMoSpeed. Has been stable and due to increased work time and less play time, "set it and forget it"

eric12341 01-09-2011 07:40 AM

jaja anyone tried pushing WiMoSpeed into the 1000s,thatll probly blow our shit

teradog 01-09-2011 09:12 AM

old school.. msm7k & setcpuspeed 01d

fancy oct came along, jumpy, drove me nuts! dynamic.. ugg, so they said.. hey, make it static.. lol u mean like msm&setcpu? :)) no advantage, then = personally got less OC on OCT

Wimo: nice, simple, stable.. like it! @ 806mhz locked up faster than msm7k&setcpu
msm7k&setcpu stable@ 787, wimo locks up eventually for me..

advantage of OCT & wimo: dont need 2 reboot to clock down to boot into droid

these are my results... not right ot wrong... do what works best 4 u!

-via tp2

bobturismo 01-09-2011 08:25 PM

OCT, because it's worked great for me and I haven't tried winmospeed or whatever it is.

Settings at "0" steps on OCT, but can't get any higher than 748 on those settings but more stable that way. I'll try the other one now...

jcthelight 01-09-2011 08:27 PM

is WinMoSpeed a cab or is it somthing you change in your phone i use the netripper ms7k cab

bobturismo 01-09-2011 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jcthelight (Post 2033274)
is WinMoSpeed a cab or is it somthing you change in your phone i use the netripper ms7k cab

Yes, it is a cab, you would need to undo everything you did for netripper's app and just install wimospeed and run the program.

I just did and it is faster for the same speed on OCT.

eric12341 01-09-2011 09:19 PM

its starting to sound like we have our next heyhi11

Tybalt39 01-10-2011 03:28 PM

Using Msm7k & OC_Auto. Was easy to install and works! I read about various problems with OCT, so I never tried it. Winmospeed seems to be getting a good rep, but I haven't needed to change anything. Next hard reset I may try it instead.

806.4Mhz using OC_Auto 4.2
Getting 2+ days battery life with no SOD.
I Love my TP2!

ModmyPPC 01-10-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tybalt39 (Post 2033796)
Using Msm7k & OC_Auto. Was easy to install and works! I read about various problems with OCT, so I never tried it. Winmospeed seems to be getting a good rep, but I haven't needed to change anything. Next hard reset I may try it instead.

806.4Mhz using OC_Auto 4.2
Getting 2+ days battery life with no SOD.
I Love my TP2!

After getting alot of SOD from OCT 1.5 I just stopped using overclock all together and summed it up to hype and a huge FAIL. I want a stable phone and 1 s.o.d. for me is 1 too many.

but I would love to try Msm7k & OC_Auto and Winmospeed

Can anyone provide some cabs?

thanks

NinjaDuck 01-10-2011 04:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2033817)
After getting alot of SOD from OCT 1.5 I just stopped using overclock all together and summed it up to hype and a huge FAIL. I want a stable phone and 1 s.o.d. for me is 1 too many.

thanks

WimoSpeed...

Tybalt39 01-11-2011 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModmyPPC (Post 2033817)

thanks

Follow this link to the OC_Auto 4.2 section of the OC thread. I've also put a link in my signature for this same thread.

ModmyPPC 01-11-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NinjaDuck (Post 2033847)
WimoSpeed...

OMG THIS IS A BRAND NEW FREAKING PHONE!!! I LOVE THIS CAB THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Im running mobile shell and have my phone overclocked to 787.2 and its so much more responsive. It zips through the pages with no lag at all. Im so shocked.

At 806.4 it froze so I just removed the battery and went to the speed below it and its working so much better now.

Thanks Ninja duck.

powinmo 01-11-2011 05:52 PM

Used MSM7 and OCT for extensive periods of time.

Switched to wimospeed when v1.01 came out and now use v1.03...

My thoughts:

1. wimospeed cab installer is simple and straightforward. It also uninstalls with minimal fuss. Does not require registry tweaks/export/import.

2. does not require .reg file restores after a flash, unlike OCT (I had to tandem install ninjaducks OCT repack + my .reg settings)

3. does not require funky mscr scripts like MSM7 needed, at least in how I was using it before.

4. You run the shortcut/lnk that you create with wimospeed's GUI or you have basic mscr script with a simple command line call to set the exact OC speed you want.

I generally get a more stable (SOD free) OC with wimospeed vs OCT or MSM7 for my TP2 devices, but that can be very subjective.

Some folks may get a slightly higher OC from OCT or MSM7, but those were active OC apps vs the passive nature of wimospeed.

For me, the bottom line is wimospeed wins just by the sheer simplicity of the application and how you run it. Potential stable OC could be considered a bonus... lol.

gera229 01-15-2011 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powinmo (Post 2034672)

Some folks may get a slightly higher OC from OCT or MSM7, but those were active OC apps vs the passive nature of wimospeed.

For me, the bottom line is wimospeed wins just by the sheer simplicity of the application and how you run it. Potential stable OC could be considered a bonus... lol.

Actually I heard that people were more successful overclocking higher with wimospeed.

I am a beginner at this and I want to know what is active and what is passive?

sprinttouch666 01-15-2011 08:29 PM

OCT_1.5 for me.

My experience is that winmo speed v1.03 makes energy rom with cht2.0 final (both 6.5 and 6.5.x) insanely slow, like leggier than stock.

gera229 01-15-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037414)
OCT_1.5 for me.

My experience is that winmo speed v1.03 makes energy rom with cht2.0 final (both 6.5 and 6.5.x) insanely slow, like leggier than stock.

Don't you need to undo what you did with OCT and then do the new modifications with winmospeed? Or does winmospeed have some flaws still?

sprinttouch666 01-16-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229 (Post 2037418)
Don't you need to undo what you did with OCT and then do the new modifications with winmospeed? Or does winmospeed have some flaws still?

um I'm not entirely sure but i don't think you should have both methods installed at once. I actually ran task29 and flashed a new rom before trying winmospeed. I wish i could OC higher with winmospeed, like a lot of people say they can, but sense crashed at 806 and the phone froze at the same speed (825) and the performance was significantly worse. ](*,)

can anyone help me out here? are there apps that conflict with winmospeed?

gera229 01-22-2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037836)
um I'm not entirely sure but i don't think you should have both methods installed at once. I actually ran task29 and flashed a new rom before trying winmospeed. I wish i could OC higher with winmospeed, like a lot of people say they can, but sense crashed at 806 and the phone froze at the same speed (825) and the performance was significantly worse. ](*,)

Performance is worse if you overclock too high and it becomes unstable.
I managed to finally overclock my tp2 at 748mhz flawlessly running. I think it is slightly better than OCT.

dougw03 02-12-2011 10:46 PM

Is there anyway to set winmospeed to automatically OC on startup? I hate soft resetting then having to re OC

horndoctor 02-12-2011 11:25 PM

Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougw03
Is there anyway to set winmospeed to automatically OC on startup? I hate soft resetting then having to re OC

Yep just set your OC speed in the GUI. Then click on create link with actual settings. Then with File Explorer go to Program Files/WiMoSpeed and click and hold on the link you created and select cut then go to Windows/Startup and paste the link. Then when you soft reset it will auto OC. Just make sure you have thoroughly tested the speed before you make a link for it and put it in the Startup folder. ;)

spambusterdave 02-13-2011 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprinttouch666 (Post 2037836)

Be happy with that! Highest I can run is 768.

quick99si 02-13-2011 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by horndoctor (Post 2055327)

Yep just set your OC speed in the GUI. Then click on create link with actual settings. Then with File Explorer go to Program Files/WiMoSpeed and click and hold on the link you created and select cut then go to Windows/Startup and paste the link. Then when you soft reset it will auto OC. Just make sure you have thoroughly tested the speed before you make a link for it and put it in the Startup folder. ;)

horndoctor: going on two years of helping noobs and 6 months of "hands on" kama sutra instruction (now unisex!).

WiMoSpeed for me, mainly because I didn't like how OCT continuously had to calculate CPU load to adjust the stepping (I eventually turned that off but still)

THE-COPS 02-13-2011 11:08 PM

So far I have only just tried WinMospeed.. How is it you people are getting your speeds on WMS so high? The highest I can OC at is 710 Mhz. Now, 729Mhz worked but then froze a couple minutes later as I was loading Iris browser. So thats a no go. 748, 768 and 787 all resulted in instant freeze up. What are you guys doing to get it higher? I'm on stock Verizon ROM. 6.1

horndoctor 02-14-2011 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE-COPS
So far I have only just tried WinMospeed.. How is it you people are getting your speeds on WMS so high? The highest I can OC at is 710 Mhz. Now, 729Mhz worked but then froze a couple minutes later as I was loading Iris browser. So thats a no go. 748, 768 and 787 all resulted in instant freeze up. What are you guys doing to get it higher? I'm on stock Verizon ROM. 6.1

768 is my majic number with WiMoSpeed which was the same in OCT.

Your device's top speed will vary from others because of the actual cpu you have, the stability of the rom you are using, and your radio. I suppose you could try other roms and radios if you want to experiment. I don't know if it's worth it to you. ;)

mastergadgets 02-14-2011 10:58 AM

I think WiMoSpeed is great. I am currently OC'ed to 787 Mhz with no lockup or SOD.
In comparison with other over clocking options, with WiMoSpeed there is more free resources as there is nothing contatntly running in the background.

THE-COPS 02-15-2011 05:18 PM

Looks like 710 is out of the game. Just had a freeze requiring a battery pull yesterday. Hmm, I am not sure what the problem is. It seems a bit unstable on my TP2. It is nice tho. Maybe it is the Verizon ROM it dont like... shrugs.